Dressing better

Man I wanted to get the clark black leather dessert boots badly, but they only sold in UK and Clarks doesn't ship overseas
frown.gif

trued to Ebay it but no luck.

Originally Posted by JRHodges11

Originally Posted by XkrispyELI

for a graduation.

rtojz5.jpg

qx6gxi.jpg

I like sneakers with button ups and stuff still gives you that casual look but your shirt looks too big imo
the Blazers are dope. the vest is a little too small in comparison to the jeans. a slimmer pair of jeans would have gone better (not too much slimmer though)
and yeah, the sleeves on the shirt are too big. a slimmer shirt would have worked better. but overall i like the fit. 

i would suggest getting some disel or levis 511 jeans. you could also look into some nudie slim jims

Originally Posted by XkrispyELI

yeah i know the shirt is a lil big, but where can i find some nice fitting jeans?
nerd.gif

Start by buying your size, the waist on your jeans is at least two sizes too big. Once you get that down, just try different cuts until you find one that's comfortable.

cream: sorry, im not feeling it.

clothing itself is fine, however imo, the colors contrast too much, but thats just me. its decent compared to what i see on the streets these days.

You could roll up your sleeves and that would've eliminated the bagginess.  Same with cuffing your jeans.  The jeans don't look too big, just long.

I think cream's fit is just fine. I may have switched the shoes to some driving mocs or something else but other than that its cool.

Originally Posted by TheAbove

what I guess I should fit my suits like according to gq and this guy at 5'8

i think you're on the right track.  first and foremost is to be comfortable in your own skin.  no matter how well the clothes fit or how good they look, your personality will show far greater.  dressing "better" doesn't happen overnight.  since your weight fluctuates, i wouldn't bother with tailoring anything unless you're at the final weight you want to be at.  from there can you start making decisions on what looks good on you, what you like and how you like clothes to fit.  GQ isn't a manual but merely a magazine full of trends.  but the best advice they always give is to find pieces that you can keep in your wardrobe 10yrs down the road.  congrats on your graduation.

Originally Posted by Messyyy

Bleepthat wrote:

996018-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

sperry-top-sider-fall-winter-2009-01.jpg

wetttttttttttt
pimp.gif

Yessir...these are the two I'm after...love that brown leather look and the black for some striped shorts.
Andddd, I havent posted in here in about 2months...what the hell happened here??? 
alien.gif
grin.gif

RFX and nidawg really left? SMH...and jkizzy? (sp?) nachobroadway? etc?

I need some NYC consignment shops/hi fashio thrift stores

Originally Posted by ksteezy

JrHodges - I was really into EXPRESS at one point, but now i only like their really dressy stuff, like the 1mx shirts and producer pants, other than that their regular clothes (jeans, tees, polos) have become really "guido-$@%"...so ive withdrawn from it alot...really feeling JCREW lately, but their prices are
grin.gif
for the most part.

Same I dont buy too may of their tees found a cardigan there once...as for Jcrew i caught their sale alot of my sizes gone but gap has alot of look-a- like shirts not the same exact quality but good enough for me

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

rfx? Niidawg? where ya'll at?
I'm riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight here.

Goooooooooooooooooo Ghana!!!

my Ghanian friend was all smiles yesterday
laugh.gif

you guys need a finisher desperately. I hope their manager plays that 20 year old kid
smh.gif

Was at Vegas over the weekend but i'm here, just do not post as much as I haven't taken fit pics in a while. When it gets warm, it goes back to basic jeans and tee so it isn't too interesting enough to post here.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Was at Vegas over the weekend but i'm here, just do not post as much as I haven't taken fit pics in a while. When it gets warm, it goes back to basic jeans and tee so it isn't too interesting enough to post here.

Haha, agreed...its been super muggy out here NYC side of things. So its really just been basic vneck tees and shorts. 
However, everyones been complimenting my tees...get vnecks from Forever 21 (EEK! of all places, i know). My girl dragged me in there, i didnt even know they had am men's section!

BUT they have a ton of plain tees and vnecks. I get the $6.90 ones. I'll post a pic later maybe because the fit on me is perfect. The V and sleeves are just how i like it too: fitted but not tight, and not at all loose.

Only thing is they may shrink easy. Better steal than the pima cotton tees i was gonna get from BR for $15 each
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Bleepthat

Hey NT, I've been having trouble finding Sperry Chukkas or any shoe similar. Only thing I see available online are the olive and brown/plaids.
I am a size 8 (a 7.5 depending on the fit of these). These are the colorways I am looking for, but it seems like they are impossible to find. If any of you guys can help me that would great! If anyone know of a decent selection of Chukkas in NYC let me know.

0523720large.jpg

ndrdiw.jpg

996018-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

4226013327_e1248a7b8c.jpg

sperry-top-sider-fall-winter-2009-01.jpg
try www.sportiela.com/, last time I checked they had the black and white pair. But, call to check because they are very good on updating inventory.....

CheGTR, yea i bought a few of the forever21 plain crew necks, they are very cheap but the quality on them is on par with old navy plain tee/vnecks . they do shrink but all  cotton shirts do...but for 6 bucks u cant go wrong..
also u should check out nordstrom rack or marshalls, if u have one by u..because i just picked up a CK and polo RL 3 pack of vnecks..they got em in white and black..the price was $14 for a pack of 3..pretty good deal imo..

Back
Top Bottom