Dressing better

Originally Posted by Me4u2Night

Originally Posted by YuraS718

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

I don't want anything that has cheap quality and make (I..E. Old Navy, Gap, etc etc).

I was looking at these pea coats, but none of them had everything that I wanted. I basically want a navy blue classic pea coat, with side pockets and has a nice tapered fit. I don't the buttons to rise too high. 3 buttons on each side would be amazing. Polo Ralph Lauren made a REALLY nice one 2-3 year ago, but the ones they make now aren't the same.

I basically want something with side pockets, but also breast pockets outside as well. One thing I'm very specific of is the the military style shoulder straps and also a hidden collar strap to use to cover your face. The older Polo Ralph Lauren Pea coat had all this.

BTW...This is what I meant when i said I wanted a military style shoulder strap.

This is what I was looking at so far...

1. J. Crew- $225

http://www.jcrew.com/mens...l/PRDOVR~87195/87195.jsp

images_onFigure_87_87195_87195_WB2192_m_tif_a1560ba1533318c2.jpg

2. Tommy Hilfiger- $139

http://www1.macys.com/cat...675#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D15

3. Polo Ralph Lauren- $425

http://www.ralphlauren.co...ts&parentPage=family
I just placed my order for the J.Crew peacoat.  Went into the store today to try it on, the fit is perfect for me
pimp.gif
.  Beware though, I planned on ordering the navy, but its an extremely dark navy in person.  Could pass for black from the distance.  I opted for the charcoal.  Can't wait for it to arrive.  25% btw online only right now.
Nice. I was thinking about getting myself the Ralph Lauren Peacoat but then my homegirl told me about J. Crews Peacoat. I'ma have to check it out tomorrow during lunch. I currently have a black Banana Republic Peacoat in Black which I love. But I want one in a charcoal grey so I may just go check out that J. Crew one.
I have the Ralph Lauren peacoat from 2008 with the military epaulets. I personally think the quality has dropped off on that jacket the past two seasons.

J.Crew rehashes their peacoat every year as well, and if you are looking to purchase it, they always get marked down close to Christmas time. They even hit final sale, which is worth the wait if you're not a Size M (most popular size on their site).

I regret purchasing my Ralph Lauren peacoat after seeing ToJ's. Better quality, better cut, similar pricing. Highly recommended.

Does Gilt even give $25 for each referral now? Or is it just that invite 10 and get free shipping business

I would really like to buy a pea coat this winter, however i am short (5'9") i think i've brought this up before, to no avail as far as suggestions.
Can anyone suggest something like thisVVV

shortp.JPG

for under 200 bucks?  i know it's a tall order to fill, I just dont have 500+ for this one
frown.gif

Originally Posted by generaiya

This dude ChiefWiggum gettin' on my hustle.

But I ain't even going to front. Gilt is doodoo today.
Has been for a couple of months.

Thats what happens when EVERYONE gets in on something.

Not sure if a lot of people shop at Kohls, I know that Chaps Vest was posted here that looked really nice.

anyway, my friend that works for Kohls posted this on her Facebook page in case anyone was looking for a printable coupon.

148667_1580307782192_1070580002_31584954_5233318_n.jpg

anyone have pictures of wingtips preferably brown being worn with jeans? Or what it can be pulled off with? I fell in love with a pair and thinking of pulling the trigger on them.

That is like the exact copy of the W&H varsity I have.
Are the sleeves pleather though? I am not sure I've seen them sell real leather at UO.

Butter soft if i didn't read the label i would have thought it was leather...i wore it with the kicks in my avatar and khakis 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by YuraS718

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

I don't want anything that has cheap quality and make (I..E. Old Navy, Gap, etc etc).

I was looking at these pea coats, but none of them had everything that I wanted. I basically want a navy blue classic pea coat, with side pockets and has a nice tapered fit. I don't the buttons to rise too high. 3 buttons on each side would be amazing. Polo Ralph Lauren made a REALLY nice one 2-3 year ago, but the ones they make now aren't the same.

I basically want something with side pockets, but also breast pockets outside as well. One thing I'm very specific of is the the military style shoulder straps and also a hidden collar strap to use to cover your face. The older Polo Ralph Lauren Pea coat had all this.

BTW...This is what I meant when i said I wanted a military style shoulder strap.

This is what I was looking at so far...

1. J. Crew- $225

http://www.jcrew.com/mens...l/PRDOVR~87195/87195.jsp

images_onFigure_87_87195_87195_WB2192_m_tif_a1560ba1533318c2.jpg

2. Tommy Hilfiger- $139

http://www1.macys.com/cat...675#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D15

3. Polo Ralph Lauren- $425

http://www.ralphlauren.co...ts&parentPage=family
I just placed my order for the J.Crew peacoat.  Went into the store today to try it on, the fit is perfect for me
pimp.gif
.  Beware though, I planned on ordering the navy, but its an extremely dark navy in person.  Could pass for black from the distance.  I opted for the charcoal.  Can't wait for it to arrive.  25% btw online only right now.
I think the epaulettes are a little too much on a pea coat; they sort of disrupt the classic simple form. On trench coats, yes, but on pea coats, no IMO. Anyways, just so you know, I have the Polo one from last season and it's been amazing so far. The material's top notch, and it still looks new after a year.

The epaulets doesn't bother me on poeacoats, it's originally a naval coat, epaulets are an original part of it.

i went to zara for the first time yesterday. and fell in love with all the stuff they have their prices are pretty good in my opinion and some of the quality of the trench coats and peacoats were not bad at all.. what is everyones opinion on them.

Back
Top Bottom