Dressing better

Heads up, DSW. Promo codes: Free shipping"SHIPR" and 30% off entire order "DSWSAVE"

Just got these for 41.97, Bass Buchanon Saddle Shoe 
shoes_iaec1221729.jpg

Originally Posted by AC4Three

Does anybody have any advice on how overcoats should fit? I live in Canada and it's starting to get pretty cold; however, I have to wear a suit to school occasionally. What do you guys think of this coat in particular? Is the velvet collar a timeless design or a trend? Thanks in advance!

2m6aliq.jpg
that is a chesterfield coat. has been around since 1920. it is not a trend or a fad.

as long as it fits over your suit well and keeps you warm, i'd say go for it. it will never go out of style.

Originally Posted by SkunkInDunks

I bought a DSquared suit yesterday at their sample sale and would like advice on the tailoring. The suit is my exact size, a 48 and the shoulders are perfect. The sleeves and pants obviously need to be shortened and the body needs to be a little more fitted. Any suggestions on having this suit tailored to perfection. (Nii, RFX, I'm looking at you
tongue.gif
) Many thanks.

http://img574.imageshack.us/img574/1990/suitk.jpg src="http://img574.imageshack.us/img574/1990/suitk.jpg">

sorry to burst your bubble, but those shouders are faaar from perfect. honestly, i would have passed on that suit - dsquared is not known for making suits, and their stuff that i have seen/own/owned are pretty over-priced. 

the suit overall is pretty servicable, nothing to be considered perfect. you pretty much nailed all the things you need to get done - sleeves, hem, waist suppression. the thighs to the knees could be slimmed down a little too, to get a cleaner trouser line and make you look younger.

as a yardstick for comparison, this is a suit as close to perfection as possible:  
2yyqmw9.jpg

You can easily compare the two and see the differences, and this would hopefully help you in future purchases.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Does anybody have any advice on how overcoats should fit? I live in Canada and it's starting to get pretty cold; however, I have to wear a suit to school occasionally. What do you guys think of this coat in particular? Is the velvet collar a timeless design or a trend? Thanks in advance!

2m6aliq.jpg
that is a chesterfield coat. has been around since 1920. it is not a trend or a fad.

as long as it fits over your suit well and keeps you warm, i'd say go for it. it will never go out of style.

Thanks for the input niidawg3 and aceofjays. I had a feeling it might be more timeless since a google search produced pictures of old British guys wearing them...
laugh.gif

Do you have any advice regarding the fit specifically? When trying on overcoats I have found them to be either shapeless or somewhat uncomfortable. Am I looking for a happy medium or should I err on the uncomfortable side? Obviously a more fitted coat looks better, but I don't want my suit to get all wrinkled underneath it...

moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png
moz-screenshot-2.png
br783820-01p01v01.jpg

Hey need help on what types of clothes can i wear under this cardigan?

Tshirts, dress shirts, sweaters? Need some mad help on type of stuff to wear under this.

Originally Posted by Bballkingsrule

moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png
moz-screenshot-2.png
br783820-01p01v01.jpg

Tshirts, dress shirts, sweaters? Need some mad help on type of stuff to wear under this.
I wouldn't wear a sweater under it. Button down shirts like the one in the picture are probably best, but t-shirts and polos will work as well.

Originally Posted by Jehul

Outfit worn to work:

1109.png
This shirt reminds me of one of those really horrible 7 Diamonds "club-inspired" shirts.  Props on the color combo I guess.

Originally Posted by artysm

Originally Posted by Jehul

Outfit worn to work:

1109.png
This shirt reminds me of one of those really horrible 7 Diamonds "club-inspired" shirts.  Props on the color combo I guess.
Haha, thanks for the feedback. Got the shirt at the mecca for club-gear, Banana Republic.

Thanks for the input niidawg3 and aceofjays. I had a feeling it might be more timeless since a google search produced pictures of old British guys wearing them...
laugh.gif

Do you have any advice regarding the fit specifically? When trying on overcoats I have found them to be either shapeless or somewhat uncomfortable. Am I looking for a happy medium or should I err on the uncomfortable side? Obviously a more fitted coat looks better, but I don't want my suit to get all wrinkled underneath it...

get one that fits pretty well over your jacket, and then have a tailor taken in the sides to provide more shaping.

I bought a DSquared suit yesterday at their sample sale and would like advice on the tailoring. The suit is my exact size, a 48 and the shoulders are perfect. The sleeves and pants obviously need to be shortened and the body needs to be a little more fitted. Any suggestions on having this suit tailored to perfection. (Nii, RFX, I'm looking at you
tongue.gif
) Many thanks.

http://img574.imageshack.us/img574/1990/suitk.jpg src="http://img574.imageshack.us/img574/1990/suitk.jpg">

sorry to burst your bubble, but those shouders are faaar from perfect. honestly, i would have passed on that suit - dsquared is not known for making suits, and their stuff that i have seen/own/owned are pretty over-priced. 

the suit overall is pretty servicable, nothing to be considered perfect. you pretty much nailed all the things you need to get done - sleeves, hem, waist suppression. the thighs to the knees could be slimmed down a little too, to get a cleaner trouser line and make you look younger.

as a yardstick for comparison, this is a suit as close to perfection as possible:  

You can easily compare the two and see the differences, and this would hopefully help you in future purchases.

I was going to say basically the same thing as Nii but didn't want to be the one to say it. 
The jacket looks like it may be a size too big. If not, it's just a bad cut. A good tailor might be able to fix it but it's gonna take a lot of work. Return if possible. 

First sweater up there honestly sucks. You can find a better, thicker, wearmer, and more durable sweater elsewhere.

Banana Republic heritage collection is pretty good, they have a few that look like that and only about 10-20 more.

Second shirt is good money. I have it

tongue.gif
) Many thanks.

Thanks Nii, you're the man. I found a great tailor in NY so the suit will be undergoing some serious surgery. I agree on DSquared being extremely overpriced, that's why I just couldn't pass up on the deal. The quality is fantastic.  

Originally Posted by Superpusha

First sweater up there honestly sucks. You can find a better, thicker, wearmer, and more durable sweater elsewhere.

Banana Republic heritage collection is pretty good, they have a few that look like that and only about 10-20 more.

thanks, what do you wear with the denim shirt. i just ordered it with your 30% off i think you sent it
laugh.gif

i ordered this sweater instead

Originally Posted by alilucask

thanks, what do you wear with the denim shirt. i just ordered it with your 30% off i think you sent it
laugh.gif

Good choice. Very versatile.

As for the denim shirt you can where is with dark denim jeans. Look here for info. You can also dress it up

mg-04.jpg

mg-07.jpg

mg-06.jpg

Originally Posted by alilucask

laugh.gif

great pick-up. you can rock a v-neck underneath or layer it up with nice button up underneath also. *goes to BR*. Also try jcrew. they have similar pieces for a lot cheaper. they have a huge sale right now
pimp.gif

I find myself wearing nothing but JCrew clothing at work, clothing fits well especially the cashmere V-necks and cardigans.

...and please don't wear a T under a cardigan, looks elementary.

I bought the cleanest cardigan, evar, last Christmas in Hong Kong.

Brand is Dark Chooclate (I believe it's along the same lines of Bape). Will try to take a pic when free.

omg!!! ordering anything online is such a nightmare when you actually try it on after you get the package lol

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I find myself wearing nothing but JCrew clothing at work, clothing fits well especially the cashmere V-necks and cardigans.

...and please don't wear a T under a cardigan, looks elementary.
Unless you're referring to an office environment, I beg to differ, especially since 2 of these looks are from J.Crew

erez

erez

Shia-on-set-Wall-Street-2-shia-labeouf-8440978-643-1000.jpg

25329268-25329272-large.jpg

Nothing is more simple, classic and clean than a good tee, cardigan and jeans.

br784335-00qlv01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom