Dressing better

Ran across these in Tokyo last year, the style is pretty popular over there.
2nbsenk.jpg

Originally Posted by TheHype

These look similar to those Ronnie Fieg joints I missed out on 
frown.gif

YUKETEN x BEAMS

1789619_17_D.jpg

$834 though 
sick.gif
eyes.gif
I love these.

A little disappointed. I won these on Ebay and they do not fit. Size 12 and fit more like an 11. No refund FTL. Have not idea what to do with them.

i need some low weaver clarks.

those ronnie fieg x weavers are nice.
at the clarks outlet, there are never any deals.

the construction on those yuketen looks great however i really think the whole look is OD  too much going on; dock boots wingtip golfshoe war boot.  am i the only one that thinks so?

also, rfx
laugh.gif
@ the 3rd person troll getting to you!  those clarks definitely didnt have "distressed soles"

scored some awesome stuff at an estate sale, some of it is already sold, most will be worn...picked up a few pairs of aldens and 2 pairs of beautiful edward green dress shoes...less than half the pairs fit me, but the price was fantastic!

those mcnairy's are awesome, glad they got some press in november gq
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Stack Bundless

I got my jacket today but i don't know, something feels of. I think the sleeves are a bit to loose specially around the bicep area, any opinions?
 I'd recommend any variation of curls really... bicep curls, hammer curls, etc. Also, remember that triceps are like 2/3 of your upper arm so definitely don't neglect your tris.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by beans718

can anyone identify these shoes? i thought bass but not sure
6a010535d07789970c0134866af489970c-800wi

Crockett Jones Princeton Navy Calfskin/White buck suede.
Retail $550.00

I've been wanting these for more than a year, but I'm waiting for CJ to do a pair for Ralph Lauren same color without the cutouts around the saddle.
Great looking shoes.

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

what do you guys think of this leather jacket in brown?
http://www.armaniexchange...br%3Eonline+exclusive.do

Man i'm fighting myself to not cop for $180.  That's over 50% off.
in what color? What do you think of the collar?
I was thinking brown.  Collar doesn't bother me since i'm a fan of navy bombers anyways.

already planning my new years fit, looking into just keeping it simple with a
black slim suit 

white shirt 

black tie 

gold watch 

gold tie clip 

and a white pocket square

and some nice wingtips, might have to scoop the cole hanns someone just posted on gilt. 
pimp.gif

any ideas or suggestions on a better look with a black suit? 

Originally Posted by ReRetroMe

already planning my new years fit, looking into just keeping it simple with a
black slim suit 

white shirt 

black tie 

gold watch 

gold tie clip 

and a white pocket square

and some nice wingtips, might have to scoop the cole hanns someone just posted on gilt. 
pimp.gif

any ideas or suggestions on a better look with a black suit? 
That's a nice look, and I like the touch of gold to mix it up a bit from the usual silver. 
If you really want to tweak I'd change one solid color to another solid color, i.e. white shirt to light blue or black tie to forest green or something. But I don't think it's necessary. 

Sleeves def. too long.

For other, more in depth scrutiny, you should post this on SF haha.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Sleeves def. too long.

For other, more in depth scrutiny, you should post this on SF haha.Yup
Yup, know both of the buttons and length of sleeves...

But does it sit on the shoulders alright? And what about the body? Good? I was planning to go up a size from 36 to 38

Originally Posted by TheAbove

What do you guys think of the jacket fit?

75678_788971273807_72610851_45047977_7588928_n.jpg
As far as I can tell it looks very good in the shoulder and chest and throughout the body. If you get the sleeves slimmed and shortened, and get the button issue fixed it should be a great jacket. 

I have a couple of quick questions for you guys.

When wearing a chambray shirt with khakis what color tie do you guys suggest?

And have any of you ordered a suit from Indochino? I'm looking into purchasing a gray suit from them but I want to know if it'll be worth it.

Originally Posted by solefulJs

Originally Posted by Superpusha

I need some thick socks, like hiking socks. Where should i look>?

Check out cabelas.com

Check your local off price store, that's your best best. They stock all kinds of boot socks from Dickies ($4.99 for 2 pairs) to Woolrich ($5.99 for a pair). There's a bunch of other brands as well, but those two I picked up recently.

yeah, i was at marshalls last week and they had a bunch of timberland, woolrich and other heavy socks.

Originally Posted by Numberr97

There is one rule of thumb, never pay retail for clothing. Always sales, coupons, sample sales, etc.
I agree on 99% of this. However, when it comes to basics, or exclusives, do not hesitate. The only piece I've ever paid full retail for was a navy crew neck Margiela sweater, and I've worn it so much since I bought it a year ago that the price has been justified. I know the sale schedules for stores, and know when to buy certain items...but classic/basic pieces are worth full price.

Originally Posted by TheAbove

What do you guys think of the jacket fit?

75678_788971273807_72610851_45047977_7588928_n.jpg

if that lower button is the last button on the jacket - please get rid of it.
if there is a lower button, please fix how you button (button the middle), tweak the sleeves and keep.

Rule of thumb: your buttoning point should typically be at the same point as the slimmest point of your  jacket. your lower button should never be above your navel ... ideally it should be one or two inches below.

Back
Top Bottom