Dressing better

Originally Posted by hole in the earth

hey guys what kind/color of socks should I wear with a charcoal suit and black shoes??thanks
I always try and match my socks to the color of my pants, not the shoes.  Although with charcoal, black socks with a dark gray pattern wouldn't look bad either. 

Originally Posted by omgitswes

anyone know what these are called? Yoox doesn't have the name of them or my size, so gonna look somewhere else and add them to my christmas list                     
Raf Simons is all I got                                                                                                                                                                                                            
44224097rf_12_f.jpg

Those are old stock Raf Simons and Yoox or ebay might be your only hope for those.
As for the name, they do not really have names for their shoes, people just give them nicknames.

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

tumblr_l18r74RXlb1qzgecuo1_500.png

NT, whats your take on pants that are ironed so that theres a crease?

you mean creased pants? 
laugh.gif

"You’ll generally find that American Suits will come with pleated pants and European Suits will come with Flat Front pants. If you’re wearing pleated pants, then you must also have a nicely planted crease. If you’re wearing flat front pants, the crease is optional. While it is true that 9 out of 10 times, you’ll see creases with suit pants (regardless of whether they are pleated or not), this does not have to be the case. Creases are synonymous with tradition while the absence of creases usually indicates a modern look. Not everyone can wear flat front pants well (i.e. you’ll need a slimmer figure to wear them well). If you’re wearing khakis or jeans, though, skip the crease." from blog.suitupp.com

Originally Posted by sneakefreake

Quick question,does anyone own a pair of sand suede Clarks? Seen it look different shades in online pictures,which shade is it closer to in real life? This

or this?
I have a pair on ice right now and definitely it's the 1st pair.

ohwell.gif
I don't know what to do with it. It's a dirt magnet.

Look at the belt line, flat front pants are just that flat.  Look at the pleated pants, where the first belt loop is on the pants there is a pleat.  To simplify, it looks like a tailor is pinching and holding the pants together to create a crease known as a "pleat".

Pleated is often referred to as a classic look, while flat front is seen as more modern look.  Ironically both have been around for a long time.  You can trace it back to the 40's where older men would rock pleated pants with their suits while young Ivy Leaguers were rocking more modern flat front pants.  70 years later and here we are again.  Neither will go out of style, as of now the hot look is flat front pants.

tumblr_l18r74RXlb1qzgecuo1_500.png

NT, whats your take on pants that are ironed so that theres a crease?
info on shoes? been trying to find a nice pointy, non square toe dress shoe.

I dont get the idea

The crease on pleated pants extends up towards the belt while on flat front pants you see the crease dies out around the thigh area.

Originally Posted by domc03

"You’ll generally find that American Suits will come with pleated pants and European Suits will come with Flat Front pants. If you’re wearing pleated pants, then you must also have a nicely planted crease. If you’re wearing flat front pants, the crease is optional. While it is true that 9 out of 10 times, you’ll see creases with suit pants (regardless of whether they are pleated or not), this does not have to be the case. Creases are synonymous with tradition while the absence of creases usually indicates a modern look. Not everyone can wear flat front pants well (i.e. you’ll need a slimmer figure to wear them well). If you’re wearing khakis or jeans, though, skip the crease." from blog.suitupp.com

smh at the inaccuracies in this write up. the internet has made everyone an expert on everything.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

smh at the inaccuracies in this write up. the internet has made everyone an expert on everything.

Care to explain?

Care to explain?
  • Both sides of the pond do pleats. Its not an American or European thing. Its simply a type of cut for trousers and personal preference for whoever is buying.
  • Creases have little to do with tradition. Its more dependent on the fabric and setting within which you are wearing the fabric. Creases vs non-creases have been around from the beginning of time.
  • Flat front pants are actuall better for bigger guys. Slimmer guys look great in pleats, when done right.

Originally Posted by sneakefreake

Quick question,does anyone own a pair of sand suede Clarks? Seen it look different shades in online pictures,which shade is it closer to in real life? This

or this?

I would say that after a few wears they look like the shows in the bottom, who cares if they get dirty, rock em
pimp.gif

Damn, looks like I'm just out of luck then.
Been looking around doesn't look like they make any size 13 anyway.

or in your case, this thread.

I want a pair of the black Gucci monogram slip-ons, I do not want to pay 300-400 dollars. How to people even pay that price? There is no way they are worth that much, anywhere I can get them for around 200?

Hey guys, quick question: I'm in market for some Tod's penny loafers and was wondering if the higher end department stores where they are carried (Saks, Bergdorfs, Neiman Marcus) or their own store will typically have these for sale?

todsloafers.png

Originally Posted by ChiefWiggum

I want a pair of the black Gucci monogram slip-ons, I do not want to pay 300-400 dollars. How to people even pay that price? There is no way they are worth that much, anywhere I can get them for around 200?
bluefly.com they having sale right now on shoes, and you can find a 30 dollar off for you first order, should come out to around 260 t0 270 thats how much i paid for my browns ones

What do you guys think of the extra slim fit gingham shirts from Brooks brothers? They're having a buy 2 for 99 sale right now btw

Back
Top Bottom