Dressing better

Here's a picture of a pair of J. Crew chinos I bought. The proportion looks off as I was holding the camera angling down, it's a bit more fitted inreal life.

4j3srb.jpg

Originally Posted by instant klassic

H&M for slim fit dress pants.
The quality though, man! Speaking of which, I saw an ad that shows a full outfit on a guy....jeans, button down, and a blazer (with prices nextto each article) and it was around $150 for everything. I will admit that some of their stuff looks neat, but after owning several t shirts, sweaters, andhoodies..they don't hold up too well.

Originally Posted by creamOfDacrops

where can i get some dress pants on the skinnier side?

really depends on how much you're willing to spend. budget wise, there's always Zara. not too fond of GAP/BR/JCREW slim fit chinos as they're notquite as 'slim' as say Zara or H&M. quality wise, you can always roll with Converse by Varvatos slim fit slacks, run you around $130. probably thecheapest designer brand i know of in terms of quality and fit.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

When you guys tuck do you overlay the shirt?
What do you mean? Like wearing a t shirt under a polo or button up? If so, no. I usually just wear a polo or a button up and if it's coldor cooler..a sweater of some sort over.

To the user that replied above Mangudai - there are definitely better brands out there. But until I'm making 6 figure, I can't really see myself spend$150+ on a pair of slacks and such. I'm trying to redo my whole entire wardrobe and stay under 5 thousand dollars (just like that show on TLC) so thatmeans I never pay retail and always look for deal.
laugh.gif

If you have the mean though, go get your stuff tailored. Spend $20-30 on a pair of pants to get them contoured to your body, best fit ever.

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

From the RL post, and today for some presentations at school (have a tie and going to tuck it in for the actual presentation, but not for all day)
Clean. What brand is that cardigan?

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Nah I mean you when you a shirt tucked do you pull it out over the belt lol
laugh.gif
Nah, I just tuck it in regular style and wear a belt that goes with accordingly.

Quick Google.
pKCP-4646674v275.jpg

From the RL post, and today for some presentations at school (have a tie and going to tuck it in for the actual presentation, but not for all day)
where were you able to find those slacks?

Slacks are Theory, bought them at Saks the other day.

The Cardigan was on UrbanOutfitters.com - on sales for ~$20

so everybody on NT wears boats shoes or w/e you call them now?
yep, i guess you could still never tell im an NTr........ill pass.

^ In my picture, they're penny loafers. Only boat-like shoes I have are those old (a year or so ago) black/red/white Gucci ones with the big GG on theback.

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

yea, i don't think i can do boat shoes
ohwell.gif
, i preferloafers and other types of dressy shoes

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

yea, i don't think i can do boat shoes
ohwell.gif
, i prefer loafers and other types of dressy shoes
Boat shoes are good for casual wears. I don't like them as much as driving shoes however because of the laces. Every time I go out of thehouse, it's either desert boots or driving shoes..unless it's for a classier event.

Slacks are Theory, bought them at Saks the other day.

The Cardigan was on UrbanOutfitters.com - on sales for ~$20
oh damn i have a feeling those cost a lot. but thanks for the info. btw nice purchase on that cardigan

For those who wants a bright color boat style shoe. BR has this orange one that's snazzy looking.
br626288-03p01v01.jpg

Have any of you guys heard about a brand called Axist? They, along with Apt. 9 have a style called "Modern Fit". The fitting is more slim and fittingthan traditional dress pants and chinos, especially for the price($25 - 30). They fit me really well and I'd recommend them to anyone.

To reply to the person above, yeah Theory is a bit pricey, but I haven't found anything that fits as well for me anywhere else. Maybe it's the Europeanway down my bloodline, but I like them to fit pretty slim - not tight, but slim. Even some of Theory's fits are too big for me--either in the thigh or atthe leg opening.

To hang out with my gf and her kids: BR thin-grey-striped (seersucker sort of) shorts, some cheap (~$20) sweater from Urban Outfitters.

Back
Top Bottom