Dressing better

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

From the RL post, and today for some presentations at school (have a tie and going to tuck it in for the actual presentation, but not for all day)

Straight
pimp.gif
status my dude. I think the fit would also look sick with some dark dressy jeans.

The shoes are Johnston & Murphy - got them on Ebay the other day for ~$20. Not sure of the OG retail, but most of the "made in Italy" stuff ontheir site is $2-350. Actually, all the stuff except the pants I was wearing cost me <$30/each. The shirt was on sale at J.Crew for $30, the cardigan was onUrban Outfitter's site for $20 - the pants are Theory and probably cost too much for what they are, but they're the only brand I've found with aslim fit that fits me off the rack (aside from a hem) for a relatively fair price (<$300). I usually have to get everything completely reconstructed by atailor to fit how I like, and that makes better priced pants cost me more in time and alternations.

Any reccomendations for an all black semi-casual dress shoe...$100-200? Basically anything that can be found at Nordstroms or Macys, I don't know muchabout dress shoes...

Originally Posted by BalikBX

Any reccomendations for an all black semi-casual dress shoe...$100-200? Basically anything that can be found at Nordstroms or Macys, I don't know much about dress shoes...
Personally I'd just go to the stores and try out whichever I like. Don't buy just because of the brand. I saw some nifty looking LVshoes that were uncomfy as hell when I tried them on. Needless to say, I didn't buy them.

I wore my Clarks for the first time today and man they are extremely comfy. I'm so sold on these and going to pick up 2 more pairs.

Also a heads up for those that are looking for nice fitted polo's off the bat w/o the need to alter, Banana Republic is having a sale...$25 for any regularpriced polo in the store.

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

Urban Outfitters
Pointy Oxford Shoes
Orig. $68, reduced to $19.99
pointyshoes.jpg

pointyshoes2.jpg
Yo, how does these fit? Do they have them in black? would any NY nt'ers be willing to cop for me???

Originally Posted by creamOfDacrops

where can i get some dress pants on the skinnier side?

I would like to know this, too. The only stuff I find that fits me how I like comes from Theory, but I'm sure there's some better priced skinny stuff.I like my pants really slim (hard to admit, but yeah), and most of the stuff from Club Monaco, Hugo Boss, or Banana Republic (haven't found any of theirskinny fit) are still wider than I would like. Some of the stuff I see at Urban Outfitters and Forever 21 look like the fit I want, but the fabrics lookless-than-appealing.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Is Diesel expensive at all? Those pieces don't look bad.
It's on par with brands like True Religion, price wise. It's been years since I've worn Diesel, but (I think) jeans are around $150-200 and t shirts are around $60-80. Nordstrom and their site sell Diesel, feel free to visit the site for more accurate pricing.

2 brands i wear the most.

recently copped these

show_image.php

i would like to know about slim dress pants also. hate the way them regular fit jawns look with a nice slim suit

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

Urban Outfitters
Pointy Oxford Shoes
Orig. $68, reduced to $19.99
pointyshoes.jpg

pointyshoes2.jpg
Yo, how does these fit? Do they have them in black? would any NY nt'ers be willing to cop for me???
They got em in black suede only, I didn't like em much. They fit true to size w/ about 1-1.5 inch empty up front due to the point.

still 49.99 on sale on their website
http://www.urbanoutfitter...MENS_SALE&prepushId=

Originally Posted by creamOfDacrops

where can i get some dress pants on the skinnier side?
Dress pants as in real dress pants or chinos? CK has some, try the Dylan and Bryant. If Chino's, J. Crew's stuff are good too.

Edit: Worst case scenario, you go get a pair tailored to fit to your liking.

^Man those inseam length are horrible, way too long that they scrunch up. The first picture looks like slacks, go to Macys and see if you can find any CK Dylanor Bryant on sale. That's what I did, found 2 pairs for around $25-30 a pop. The 2nd picture, it looks like flat front dress pants or chinos, I picked up 3pairs from J. Crew a week or so ago, the fit is similar. About $20-30 a piece.

Back
Top Bottom