Dressing better

^^Nice, I had that sweater in my hands when I picked up the pointy shoes, they had it for $30, waiting for the sweet spot of $20.

Do sperry's boat shoes and loafers fit true to size? I wear a 9 in Nikes and Clarks should I stay with a 9 with sperry's?

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Do sperry's boat shoes and loafers fit true to size? I wear a 9 in Nikes and Clarks should I stay with a 9 with sperry's?
I just bought a pair of sperry topsiders in an 8.5 (they fit right), although I wear a 9 or 9.5 in air maxes.

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Have any of you guys heard about a brand called Axist? They, along with Apt. 9 have a style called "Modern Fit". The fitting is more slim and fitting than traditional dress pants and chinos, especially for the price($25 - 30). They fit me really well and I'd recommend them to anyone.
What stores carry this brand? Do they have their own store like H&M?

Have any of you guys heard about a brand called Axist? They, along with Apt. 9 have a style called "Modern Fit". The fitting is more slim and fitting than traditional dress pants and chinos, especially for the price($25 - 30). They fit me really well and I'd recommend them to anyone.

aye yo i know exactly what youre talking about. i saw em at kohls. they got two selections of materials. pretty good fit too

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

To reply to the person above, yeah Theory is a bit pricey, but I haven't found anything that fits as well for me anywhere else. Maybe it's the European way down my bloodline, but I like them to fit pretty slim - not tight, but slim. Even some of Theory's fits are too big for me--either in the thigh or at the leg opening.

To hang out with my gf and her kids: BR thin-grey-striped (seersucker sort of) shorts, some cheap (~$20) sweater from Urban Outfitters.
just yesterday i went to my local h & m and i finally found their slim pants. they got good colors such as khaki, diffferent kinds of grrayand of course black. the good thing is theyre only $24.90
happy.gif

Theory is good stuff, but like stated kinda pricey. If I had a good paying job, I'd be willing to shell out the 100-150 for a quality slim fitted shirt. Until then I'll just buy an on sale BR slim fit shirt and pay an extra $20 for a tailor to get it slimmed down a tad bit more. America slim sadlydoesn't equate to Europe/Asia slim.

For those with sweaty feet and want to wear shoes w/o socks and baby powder isn't working too well...I'd recommend getting these.
br555740-01p01v01.jpg

^I was just using the BR pair as an example because I'm sure not everyone know loafer socks even exist. And it's actually cheaper. 2 pairs for $14.50.

Just wear some nice collared shirts and button ups. You can still have your own style. Just have to make sure the stuff fits your look. The shirtsshouldn't be the same size as your tees and hoodies and such.

Originally Posted by IwearJs

Just wear some nice collared shirts and button ups. You can still have your own style. Just have to make sure the stuff fits your look. The shirts shouldn't be the same size as your tees and hoodies and such.
???

^
laugh.gif
Exactly what I thought when I read that. They make jackets and sweaters bigger because they know that, unlike a shirt, something is going to be wornunder. 99.9% of my tops are consistent in sizing.

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

I've seen them exclusively at Kohl's. I'm not really too sure if anyone else sells their clothes, but a quick search on google shouldhelp you out.

Originally Posted by shoeshi

aye yo i know exactly what youre talking about. i saw em at kohls. they got two selections of materials. pretty good fit too
Yeah. I was there again today and was leaning towards getting the shorts that they make. They fit really well, and they're extremelylightweight. I may end up getting them soon. Yesterday, I bought the linen pants from Axist, but I couldn't deal with the tight pockets of the chinos.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

kimkardashiannewcrop3.jpg

Black Socks fail?

pimp.gif
Kim.
Man she looks super different in that picture. Who's the dude? Regardless I'm sure Reggie is taking his anger out benchpressingsomewhere.

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

I've seen them exclusively at Kohl's. I'm not really too sure if anyone else sells their clothes, but a quick search on google should help you out.

Originally Posted by shoeshi

Yeah. I was there again today and was leaning towards getting the shorts that they make. They fit really well, and they're extremely lightweight. I may end up getting them soon. Yesterday, I bought the linen pants from Axist, but I couldn't deal with the tight pockets of the chinos.
the linen pants had a nice texture to it.

That saggy horrible billboard branding superhero belt buckle, those raggedy +%* oversized cargo shorts when he should have worn some slim flat front shorts instead to compliment the dressier top, not pushing up the sleeves on his shirt when he's wearing shorts, and yes, those black socks, all fail. It's like he's still in the beginning stages of learning how to dress like an adult.
I knew I wasn't trippin'

Good stuff.
laugh.gif

That saggy horrible billboard branding superhero belt buckle, those raggedy +%* oversized cargo shorts when he should have worn some slim flat front shorts instead to compliment the dressier top, not pushing up the sleeves on his shirt when he's wearing shorts, and yes, those black socks, all fail. It's like he's still in the beginning stages of learning how to dress like an adult.
I knew I wasn't trippin'

Good stuff.
laugh.gif

no you both are haters. aint not a damn thing wrong with his fit (yes i used a double negative.)

Originally Posted by sn00pee

I knew I wasn't trippin'

Good stuff.
laugh.gif
no you both are haters. aint not a damn thing wrong with his fit (yes i used a double negative.)

agreed. what part of that says teenager really.
every fit a dude puts on aint gonna be Esquire/gq rules approved
grin.gif

rocking it your way and being fresher than the rest FTW
pimp.gif

There is a difference between taking something and making it your own and when you do not know how to put an outfit together. That guy does not know how to putan outfit together. He put parts together that worked well, but overall the fit does not have a flow to it.

THe reason I think he said it was like a teenager, is because a lot of the time you see teenagers throw on their nicest stuff together whether it matches ornot.

I knew I wasn't trippin'

Good stuff.
laugh.gif

I didn't wanna quote Instant because he had the picture, but I also agree. The top half is pretty well done..and you get to the baggy shortsand belt buckle that just screams "hey guys I paid $$ for this".

The outfit would've been a go IMO had the short been an inch shorter, with no pockets on the side, and hemmed regularly instead of the raggedy ripped look. And yes no bueno on the socks.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom