Dressing better

^^^Yeah, gray and navy work.

The model in the pic of the blazer seems to have on trousers that are similar to the ones that you posted.

Can anyone here suggest some good tailors in the NYC area? I searched on Yelp but there seems to be mixed reviews ranging from really good to really bad...

I recently bought a shirt with a pattern I really like but the sleeves are way too big. The sleeves arn't long but there's a lot of space in the sleeves from the beginning of the arm to the wrist. Can a tailor make the sleeves slimmer or should i just return the shirt?

Originally Posted by myCHENNY

Can anyone here suggest some good tailors in the NYC area? 

I use

Stanton Tailors
90 Stanton St
New York, NY 10002

Neighborhood: Lower East Side
(212) 353-9753

Nearest Transit:
2nd Ave-Houston St (F, V) 
Delancey-Essex Sts (F, J, M, Z) 
Grand St (B, D)
Ask for Pablo, best tailor I ever been too, reasonably priced too. He has slimmed down the sides and sleeves of many of my shirts and jackets.here's a JCrew chambray he fixed up for me, this thing used to fit like a potato sack on my body

15zpaab.jpg

Originally Posted by thinkinFRESH

I use

Stanton Tailors
90 Stanton St
New York, NY 10002

(212) 353-9753

Nearest Transit:
Grand St (B, D)
Ask for Pablo, best tailor I ever been too. reasonably priced too. He has slimmed down the sides and sleeves of many of my shirts and jackets.

How much does he charge and does he also do jeans and khakis? A lot of my older clothes fit loose on me now, because of the weight I've lost the past few months.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

How much does he charge and does he also do jeans and khakis? A lot of my older clothes fit loose on me now, because of the weight I've lost the past few months.

It was 15-20 depending on the shirt. He can do pants and jeans etc but remember hes not a miracle worker. Sometimes it more beneficial to start over again.

tumblr_led4lzFiSR1qa9pnro1_500.jpg

Can anyone recommend me an affordable version of the shoes on the left?

I'm looking at some Allen Edmonds that are similar but is already pushing my price range...

I believe I saw some on J Crews site a few months back like them.

Shoes on the right look too fem to me

Yea, I don't think I can pull off the monk straps either.

And looks like no go for the Allen Edmonds, only size 9.5 left.

Originally Posted by FaBoLoUs22

Thinking about scooping these up.  I have a question though. The colorway is called "rust". How would one go about coordinating their belt with these? I haven't really seen any "rust" colored belts lol.

I might just play it safe and get the brown joints.
what are these?

i already own a pair of beeswax db's but they are getting kinda beat.  i know someone has posted a link in here so you can get em for like 70+ but i cant find it anymore.  can anyone help me out with that link or any link to discounted beeswax's?

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Originally Posted by thinkinFRESH

I use

Stanton Tailors
90 Stanton St
New York, NY 10002

(212) 353-9753

Nearest Transit:
Grand St (B, D)
Ask for Pablo, best tailor I ever been too. reasonably priced too. He has slimmed down the sides and sleeves of many of my shirts and jackets.

I dont know him, but of COURSE, he can do jeans and khaki's. Any good tailor would be able to.

Originally Posted by chixdigggit

How's the quality on gucci dress shoes? Also with a suit are you suppose to wear leather sole shoes?

Gucci dress shoes are nice, they offer some nice and sleek dress shoes. Quality-wise, they tend to be good but still overpriced at retail.I'd suggest getting a blake rapid stsitched shoe from Gucci so it can be resoled.
As for leather vs. rubber soles, it is up to you. There are now sleek rubber soled dress shoes out there that goes well with a suit, problem is most rubber soled shoes aren't blake rapid stitched. 

Another way is get leather soled dress shoes and have it topied, that way you retain that blake rapid stitch for resoling in the future.

Originally Posted by Andrew630

Thinking about scooping these up.  I have a question though. The colorway is called "rust". How would one go about coordinating their belt with these? I haven't really seen any "rust" colored belts lol.

what are these?

tumblr_lburrexM7E1qaf7o7.jpg

Florsheim Limited’s Veblen, it’s a new take on the company’s 1949 longwing model. You can find them online from $150-$169.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by chixdigggit

How's the quality on gucci dress shoes? Also with a suit are you suppose to wear leather sole shoes?

Gucci dress shoes are nice, they offer some nice and sleek dress shoes. Quality-wise, they tend to be good but still overpriced at retail.I'd suggest getting a blake rapid stsitched shoe from Gucci so it can be resoled.
As for leather vs. rubber soles, it is up to you. There are now sleek rubber soled dress shoes out there that goes well with a suit, problem is most rubber soled shoes aren't blake rapid stitched. 

Another way is get leather soled dress shoes and have it topied, that way you retain that blake rapid stitch for resoling in the future.
<Do you know of any other slim sleek looking dress shoes that is of better quality than the guccis at about the same price point?Thanks

Originally Posted by donjuan513

Originally Posted by Andrew630

what are these?

tumblr_lburrexM7E1qaf7o7.jpg

Florsheim Limited’s Veblen, it’s a new take on the company’s 1949 longwing model. You can find them online from $150-$169.
thank you

Originally Posted by CParkFresh

Originally Posted by niidawg3

CParkFresh wrote:

Copped the Worsted wool (sharkskin) Ludlow two-button suit from J Crew for NYE at the last min and got lots of compliments even though I had zero alterations done. Guess I got lucky.

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/suitinganddressshirts/italianwoolsuiting/PRDOVR~11707/11707.jsp
thats an awesome jacket. very versatile. its probably the way you are standing, but it looks a little tight in the chest (buckling). great buy if you dont need to do any alteration ... although sometimes most of the people out there dont know any better. either way its a nice buy ... i'd add the pants to get a full suit so you can mix and match if the pants is available.  

Thanks...

I actually copped the whole suit. (Quick pic before heading out. I fixed the tie before I left)

xfxa8i.jpg

Awesome fit, I was thinking of purchasing this suit in navy as well.

Back
Top Bottom