Dressing better

Originally Posted by friscostylez

RFX45, what's your recommendation on the type of shorts worn during the summer? i know the basic khaki color cargo shorts but is the more to it?

For this summer, it seems the trend is dress shorts, which is pretty much a short dress pants and to be honest, I'm not really into it.
Then again I am not into shorts and I do not wear them at all, unless it is basketball shorts and I have to be playing basketball.
My on recommendation though is seersucker shorts. They have a pair from BR, but I am looking to get it a bit longer than that.
br646030-00p01v01.jpg
br646030-00av3v01.jpg

Seersucker is something that can be used to be original yet very unsuspecting and not loud at all. They are very comfortable too.
Jcrew.com actually has a pair on sale for $40, which isn't bad at all.
You can also go plaid if you want, darker the better. Browse around Macys, they should have plenty of choices and the 25% F&F sale discount is in effectthis weekend.

i know this thread is all fancy-smancy and whatnot now... but i was wondering if anybody had some recommendations for nice, casual sneakers that can be wornwith jeans and a t-shirt?

by "sneakers" i don't mean like half-cents and foams, i'm talking more about stuff like this:

samba.jpg

back with my fav. brand, some fitted t-shirts
fashionpickups3.jpg

unleased the white linen pants from under the bed
fashionpickups4.jpg

good looks on these
fashionpickups2.jpg

I got 50% hookup at Soltice, but I'm riding with these cheapos for the summer
fashionpickups5.jpg

some joints dropping on May 14 at H&M
matthew-williamson-hm-product-shots-5.jpg
matthew-williamson-hm-product-shots-6.jpg

lol, for some reason I think I rock the hell out of this funk
matthew-williamson-hm-product-shots-8.jpg

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

fashionpickups2.jpg

damn, looks like i'll have to cop these.

Damn, I don't really like seeing a lot of people wearing the things I like to wear...

I hope I don't see anyone in Red Wing boots.

Can you really expect a lot of people to not wear those? They're Converse. They even sell them at Sheikh's.

Originally Posted by instant klassic

Originally Posted by SleepyBlueDemon

fashionpickups2.jpg

Damn, I don't really like seeing a lot of people wearing the things I like to wear...

Dude tell that to all the construction workers who have always worn them and fashion magazines/websites/stores/blogs backing Red Wings for the past year.
laugh.gif

My bad, I meant just the regular classic ones I bought. I'm cool with people wearing the weird-colored collaboration ones. And as for constructionworkers, I've been wearing Carhartt jackets for close to 15 years now
pimp.gif
Just picked up one this week for next winter, and I'm about to get some for my dad and brother that are now marked down to $30 at Sears.

But yeah, it just always feels kinda weird when I see someone else wearing something I like...

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

What are the white shoes if you don't mind me asking? Are those claes?

they are from urban. theyre called generic surplus.. wingtips pretty comfy. and casual to wear

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

Can you really expect a lot of people to not wear those? They're Converse. They even sell them at Sheikh's.
laugh.gif
Yeah. Those shoes are being worn from G's to emos.

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

Wear the canvas Purcells to death. Wear the frayed ones and the plaid ones from j. crew. Wear the patent leather ones and the john varvatos ones, thetwo-toned ones and the different colors. I'm partial to the white leather ones, so when I see them on someone else's feet, just seems kinda weird.

Just spent $500 worth of stuff at Macys. 3 sportshirts (2 JV and 1 Ben Sherman), 2 s/s button ups (2 Ben Sherman), 2 pants (1 Levis 514 and 1 JV linen pants)and 1 sweater (RL POLO).
Damn that 25% F&F sale and there is still 2 days left. Now onto the Barneys sales. *sigh* It never ends...

Originally Posted by SleepyBlueDemon

fashionpickups2.jpg

Too late, everyone on StyleForum wears and have been wearing Red Wings for a few years now.

fashionpickups2.jpg

The only reason I haven't bought these is because of the toe cap part, looks too bulky for my taste...the rest of the shoe looks great though.

^^^To the 99.9% of everyone who thinks a new mach 3 and some nice smelling edge gel is as good as it gets is sorely mistaken...

Originally Posted by pdm 87

^^^To the 99.9% of everyone who thinks a new mach 3 and some nice smelling edge gel is as good as it gets is sorely mistaken...
It can't be as good as it gets if you can pick up everything from a grocery store.
laugh.gif

There's a shaving store that opened around my local mall, I've been tempted to buy an actual blade, but I'm scared I'm going to cut myself.
laugh.gif

Damn thats a whole world of shaving that i didnt know existed. Being a black dude i usually avoid this and just go straight andis, but this site looks like itcovers all.

Go the route of the double edge razor before upping the ante with the sweeney todd method.

So whats good for the summer?

Day
boat shoes
Standard polos
khaki shorts

Night
Button Downs
Jeans/slacks
Dress shoes

I needa switch it up.

Back
Top Bottom