Dressing better

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

Great question for you guys... my lil couz is going to a prom

and asked me whats the best colored shoe to go with a suit like this...

and my reactions hmmm i dont know...

what color shoes would be perfect for these?

A light brown shoe or a cream/white colored oxford.
A black patent leather shoe would work too if he can change up the tie to black.
It's difficult to go to prom wearing that suit/tux, it will look "pimp-@$!" at night time.
It can really only be pulled off during the daytime.
Trade the pants for black ones, black pocket square and black bowtie. Then it wouldn't look quite so out there. I dig that jacket though.

Originally Posted by instant klassic

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

anybody know anything about K&G?

i'm trying to pick up a few suits this summer for cheap if possible...

what store(s) would you recommend me checking?

and what about those 2 suits for $99 or whatever stores?
Don't, just don't do it to yourself. Those suits are cheap for a reason. You're a lot better getting a MTM suit from Thick As Thieves for only 500 than wasting your money on potatoe sacks.
eek.gif

500 bucks! that's steep...

what if i wanna spend around $150-200 a suit...what can i get...

Originally Posted by instant klassic

anybody know anything about K&G?

i'm trying to pick up a few suits this summer for cheap if possible...

what store(s) would you recommend me checking?

and what about those 2 suits for $99 or whatever stores?
Don't, just don't do it to yourself. Those suits are cheap for a reason. You're a lot better getting a MTM suit from Thick As Thieves for only 500 than wasting your money on potatoe sacks.
eek.gif

500 bucks! that's steep...

what if i wanna spend around $150-200 a suit...what can i get...

H&M is your only option at that price, at least if you want it to fit right OTR.
Target carries suits as well, not bad if you can find one that fits.

Originally Posted by pdm 87

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

Great question for you guys... my lil couz is going to a prom

and asked me whats the best colored shoe to go with a suit like this...

and my reactions hmmm i dont know...

what color shoes would be perfect for these?

A light brown shoe or a cream/white colored oxford.
A black patent leather shoe would work too if he can change up the tie to black.
It's difficult to go to prom wearing that suit/tux, it will look "pimp-@$!" at night time.
It can really only be pulled off during the daytime.
Trade the pants for black ones, black pocket square and black bowtie. Then it wouldn't look quite so out there. I dig that jacket though.

That sounds horrible. Black pants with a white/cream blazer jacket with a matching vest?
I can't even imagine how bad that would look.

Originally Posted by donjuan513

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

i know this thread is all fancy-smancy and whatnot now... but i was wondering if anybody had some recommendations for nice, casual sneakers that can be worn with jeans and a t-shirt?

by "sneakers" i don't mean like half-cents and foams, i'm talking more about stuff like this:

samba.jpg
Adidas Universals for casual wear, Sambas I wear with my Soccer jerseys.
p1120538.jpg
Those Universals look nice.
I just wear Sambas on days that I dont feel like wearing Nikes. I used to just wear em for indoor soccer, but lately I've been bustin em out for work orany time I wear a black based shirt.

That sounds horrible. Black pants with a white/cream blazer jacket with a matching vest?

I forgot to mention the vest. either go with a black vest or no vest and a white jacket not cream... better?

tell your boy that its really hard to do an all white suit without looking ridic to be honest

I forgot to mention the vest. either go with a black vest or no vest and a white jacket not cream... better?

I don't think mis-matching the pants and jacket would look good, especially with this color.
Especially since it will an evening, formal event, mismatching will make you look liek you are either a high-end restaurant waiter or going to work in theoffice.
Whatever he does, he should wear the same color and material pants and jacket. The vest could be a different color but I suggest it match the suit too.

I'm not talking about mismatching the tux. I wouldn't do that with an everyday suit much less. I'm just talking about abandoning the initial allcream look and going with the two toned look. I never thought it as waiter wear, as long as you know how carry yourself correctly and have the rightconfidence.

I'm not talking about mismatching the tux. I wouldn't do that with an everyday suit much less. I'm just talking about abandoning the initial all cream look and going with the two toned look. I never thought it as waiter wear, as long as you know how carry yourself correctly and have the right confidence.

Oh, when you said trade in the pants for a black pair, you didn't mention to change up the blazer jacket as well so I thought you were suggesting to wear amismatched suit.

I'm sorry, I just assume people know what the hell i'm talking about all the time.

roll.gif

No need to be sorry, this is NT.
You need to be as clear as possible and yes I admit it, even to me.
embarassed.gif

John Varvatos Shoes and accessories at noon eastern time on Gilt Groupe...up to 70% off

orig.jpg

member only site...if you're not a member use this invitation link

anyone know if handbags would be included in the marc jacobs accessories sale they have today for women? my fiance really wanted a marc jacobs bag she saw atBloomingdale's

anyone have a pair of uniqlo vintage flat front chino's? are they still available, or were they only available last season?

-waystinthyme

To those that wear slacks/trousers, do you always have them pressed with a crease? I haven't bothered to look for pictures, but I figure that flat frontpants would look alright without the crease down the front of the leg. After sitting down most of the day, the crease usually looks messed up anyway so I wasconsidering not doing it anymore.

Flat front pants aren't supposed to have the crease.
If it had the crease, they would be pleated pants.

I don't think that wearing black pants with a cream jacket will by default make one look like a waiter, If it's done right it can look great. it'sa though task tho.

Perfect example,

16.jpg

Flat front pants aren't supposed to have the crease.
If it had the crease, they would be pleated pants.

What?!?! That's crazy talk. Flat front dress pants should always have a crease. Always. If you're talking chinos or pants of that ilk, then a creaseisn't necessary.

Originally Posted by Stack Bundless

I don't think that wearing black pants with a cream jacket will by default make one look like a waiter, If it's done right it can look great. it's a though task tho.

Perfect example,

16.jpg
horrible example. i see no pants in this pic

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

Originally Posted by Stack Bundless

I don't think that wearing black pants with a cream jacket will by default make one look like a waiter, If it's done right it can look great. it's
a though task tho.

Perfect example,

16.jpg
horrible example. i see no pants in this pic

No not at all, It looks fly.

19.jpg

thanks for the second pic. my point was ppl were talking about pants and jacket and you only posted a pic of bentley's upper body

Back
Top Bottom