Dressing better

lol it was a serious question. Anyway, anyone else think it's funny the "dressing better" thread was created by a TruBalla

I'm not a suit person, but I've owned a few from different brands and my favorite one is the one I got from Jcrew, also the priciest...lol. I got the Ludlow which is their slimmest suit, the jacket needed no tailoring, it fit perfect for my taste, the pants I had to hem a bit since I'm not that tall, I love that suit an plan on getting the spring sand color one.

I've never seen Jcrew for babies but they have their own kids store, crewcuts...and if you go to the jcrew site, there is a section for kids...they are just as good at making kids clothes as they are for adults
smokin.gif

http://www.jcrew.com/kids-clothing.jsp

Originally Posted by ksteezy

I'm not a suit person, but I've owned a few from different brands and my favorite one is the one I got from Jcrew, also the priciest...lol. I got the Ludlow which is their slimmest suit, the jacket needed no tailoring, it fit perfect for my taste, the pants I had to hem a bit since I'm not that tall, I love that suit an plan on getting the spring sand color one.

I've never seen Jcrew for babies but they have their own kids store, crewcuts...and if you go to the jcrew site, there is a section for kids...they are just as good at making kids clothes as they are for adults
smokin.gif

http://www.jcrew.com/kids-clothing.jsp

you should look into hugo boss. all of their suits and sport coats are amazing. i'll post mine when i'm back home. one of my favorite brands.

I have, I actually was going to get a Hugo Boss suit for my wedding, but felll a bit out of my range, plus it would have needed lots of tailoring, JCREW is half the price and if you like your suits rather slim, there is little fixing, I did fall in love with this one Hugo suit though...I just couldn't afford it at the time

Feelsbadman

Originally Posted by ksteezy

I have, I actually was going to get a Hugo Boss suit for my wedding, but felll a bit out of my range, plus it would have needed lots of tailoring, JCREW is half the price and if you like your suits rather slim, there is little fixing, I did fall in love with this one Hugo suit though...I just couldn't afford it at the time

Feelsbadman

Sorry to hear that. I buy all my suits through nordstrom, and the guy i go through calls me whenever there are seasonal price cuts. haven't paid full price in a while. 

anyone have any suggestions on a casual black shoe for clubbing/going out at night
nerd.gif
?  i just want something mid-hi, but doesn't have a white midsole and is comfortable to dance/walk in.  i went to aldos and the only thing that i liked were these (sorry for the big pics), but the first pair doesn't really have any grip on the bottom, so they'll wear out quick.  the second pair was ok, but the rubber sole on the bottom doesn't fit with the shoe at all
sick.gif

41niY6jFXJL._SY395_.jpg

41xjUf4CmdL._SY395_.jpg

Ksteezy sorry for the late reply bro... GF was actually in town this weekend for VDAY... I'm in Ohio right now tho and prolly won't pop the question until around fall 2010 (if everything is still going GREAT)... I will let u know where we are at that time. I would love to have some NTers involved witht he wedding... Imay even pull a cheese ball move and rock a NT fitted in a couple pix

Does J.Crew have coupons like BR does once in a while? The Ludlow suiting is nice, but too much at retail.

Originally Posted by airmaxes

Does J.Crew have coupons like BR does once in a while? The Ludlow suiting is nice, but too much at retail.

yup they do

they sometimes even have 20% off coupons in their monthly catalog, but i think they stopped doing that...

Just a question, what's you guys' view on Jordans with a rather dressier outfit.

I was thinking about a blue polo button down x brown polo pants, not khakis, kinda like jeans x 25th anniversary xi or sperry topsiders?

^^^

I'm probably in the minority in here. But I do this. Most will likely say don't do it. So here's the flipside.

Boat shoes are not an option for me. I'm still Uptown NYC to the fullest. So while my look has cleaned up in terms of pieces and the fit of the clothes, I still wear sneakers religiously, because I happen to be able to for work.

Would probably need to know where you're going/what the occasion is though. But if it's just a "shirt" spot (as opposed to a suit/blazer type situation), you may be able to pull the Anni's.

Interesting thing about XI's is they were originally based on black patent leather shoes and spats in terms of their design.

A wise man once told me, it's not what you wear. It's how you wear it.

airmaxes, J Crew does do coupons. Not very often though. I copped 2 Ludlow suits last time they did 25% off.

sneakaprince, congrats on the pending engagement Fam.

^thanks phil ur gonna think this is crazy how time flies bro but u actually sold me those Carnival Air Force 1s when I was just finishing up my first summer back home after my freshman year of college.... Now ur boy thinking bout getting married.....

TIME flies when your having fun

Originally Posted by illphillip

^^^

I'm probably in the minority in here. But I do this. Most will likely say don't do it. So here's the flipside.

Boat shoes are not an option for me. I'm still Uptown NYC to the fullest. So while my look has cleaned up in terms of pieces and the fit of the clothes, I still wear sneakers religiously, because I happen to be able to for work.

Would probably need to know where you're going/what the occasion is though. But if it's just a "shirt" spot (as opposed to a suit/blazer type situation), you may be able to pull the Anni's.
I'm going to Tiffany's to get my girl a present (she doesn't know yet), and probably to Mickey Mantle's.  
I guess in my in my defense, I haven't tried it on yet, I've just laid the clothes out to see how they look together.  They don't look bad though. 

NT NY. 

Originally Posted by CHRISblazinNJ

Just a question, what's you guys' view on Jordans with a rather dressier outfit.

I was thinking about a blue polo button down x brown polo pants, not khakis, kinda like jeans x 25th anniversary xi or sperry topsiders?

If you're going for a dressier look why not wear a dressier shoe? Go with the topsiders IMO.

for non tennis shoe kicks in this thread, i should drop down to a size 12 right (my nikes/adidas are 13) right?

do cole haan   run true to size or drop down a size
nerd.gif

a button-up shirt does NOT instantly equal "dressier"...jsut saying, please keep this in mind despite what your background is or where you rep, etc.
As for CHRISblazinNJ's question: you can pull that outfit off with sneakers, though I wouldnt recommend something as bulky as Jordans.
You could always do "slimmer" sneakers, however, its on you. If you feel like you're really doing it in button-up x pants x jordans, then do you homie.

Originally Posted by Money Making A

Originally Posted by airmaxes

yup they do

they sometimes even have 20% off coupons in their monthly catalog, but i think they stopped doing that...

They still do, I just got mines the other day...I just don't shop much online.Sneakerprince - keep me posted, I'm too far from you but I can still give you some pointers on how to get the right photog

Originally Posted by novaflight

Aceofjays info on the denim and do you get them tailored?

I haven't gotten any denim tailored, yet. I think I may take a pair after the festivities tomorrow matter of fact. 
The jeans I'm wearing in both pics are actually from 21MEN(Forever 21).

Back
Top Bottom