Dressing better

Originally Posted by ksteezy

laugh.gif

since we pulling out sperry's..lol
btw ace vie been eye'ing those browns ones for a while nd you just convinced me to pull the trigger

5449406807_2f80a70918_b.jpg
Dope. Info on the shirt and rosary?

Originally Posted by RFX45

I just got to ask, whats up with the weird pic angles Ace?
It looks like you have someone taking your pic but most of your pic are overhead or shoe level.
Just weird I guess since your fits looks solid but it's hard to appreciate it in facebook-angle-esque type pics.

I actually like the angles. Facebook-esque would be him with a cell phone in a mirror or something. The whole angle take on it gives it his own personality and still properly shows the fit...thats just IMO
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Dr LukeMartin

Originally Posted by Fade On You

laugh.gif

since we pulling out sperry's..lol
btw ace vie been eye'ing those browns ones for a while nd you just convinced me to pull the trigger

5449406807_2f80a70918_b.jpg
Dope. Info on the shirt and rosary?

bro only wears j crew

roll.gif
You right though, shirt is from JCREW.Eiddy - I'm feelin the shirt untucked more in your case bro.

Originally Posted by CE0 Mal

A couple $#%holes in the past few page.

If you don't like the thread, get out.

It's called having an opinion.  If you don't like theirs then ignore it like the rest of us do.  It's an open forum.

Sure people can have their opinion and take "gramps" jabs but if you don't have anything to contribute like say some constructive criticism or "I'm not feeling this because..." then why waste your time?

Originally Posted by emacdaddy24

Sure people can have their opinion and take "gramps" jabs but if you don't have anything to contribute like say some constructive criticism or "I'm not feeling this because..." then why waste your time?

34514b5b4b8f83919.gif

I think some of these young'ns are getting confused when they enter this thread. Dressing better doesn't mean some baggy Girbaud jeans and an extra long Polo. As for complaining about the pics of people's outfits, I don't see how that is excessive? I mean, yes people could just show images of the clothing but the way it fits and accessories is probably one of the most important parts of dressing better.

Anyhow, as I digress, what checks do you guys perform when trying on a suit jacket? I like what aceofjays did by getting the tailoring done, but do you look for the jacket to have a certain fit before even purchasing it? I guess it's rather difficult to find a suit jacket that fits right out of the gate.

Originally Posted by emacdaddy24

I agree, but this is NT and we all know how it goes.  Enough of that talk though, back to the thread at hand
pimp.gif

If that's directed at my WDYWT comment, it's just my opinion.  This thread sustained itself for long enough without being odd angle pics of some of dudes' outfits.  It's just not my thing, I never participated in WDYWT threads whether it is streetwear or dressing better.  I think it's a little odd but that's my opinion.

I pay attention to this thread because of information and if there's any input or questions I have, I make it known.  My style is more in line with this thread than "typical" NTers so I'll stay in.

Originally Posted by Disfunctional

laugh.gif

You went from having s1cK K1x that impressed the ISS pinoys to sophisticated upper middle class hispanic new yorker/J crew aficionado.This suits you better.

roll.gif
Thanks man...took me a while to understand you said "sick kicks"...I've never had that heat though...
frown.gif

Who the %*!% you calling "gramps"!!!!?

Jaykayyy

Not you, Eiddy. son got the shirt tucked in high above his waist with them pants and shoes that ain't modern or dressing better to me at all, it just looks old and outdated.  This is my opinion though.  Wanna know what i think this thread has turned into? with the exception of maybe nii and rfx, cats that really do this, ya'll dudes are just throwing anything together that isn't what ya'll wore 2 yrs ago, without thought or effort and have a pretentious sense of entitlement that it's right no matter what, and that this is supposed to be one big @+***$! lovefest where no criticism is allowed and not a dressing better thread.  Funny thing is the cats i check for in the thread either pay no mind to overly harsh and worthless criticism, or address it appropriately.  I invite the emotional groupies to do the same, or otherwise choke yaselves.

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

If that's directed at my WDYWT comment, it's just my opinion.  This thread sustained itself for long enough without being odd angle pics of some of dudes' outfits.  It's just not my thing, I never participated in WDYWT threads whether it is streetwear or dressing better.  I think it's a little odd but that's my opinion.

I pay attention to this thread because of information and if there's any input or questions I have, I make it known.  My style is more in line with this thread than "typical" NTers so I'll stay in.

I understand where you are coming from, me bein one of the dudes that lately has been pretty active on here can tell you that I appreciate to see a piece on the average Joe like when RFX posts or ESCO or NIi, rather than when a picture of a GQ spread is posted, mainly because it seems more true to what the piece would look like in real life, rather than the perfect height, physique and model for that pair of pants, shirt, jacket....therefore I myself try to contribute and I only post when I feel I've thrown something on across the lines of what "Dressing better" may be...obviously I've learn that jays, foams, sb's, cargo shorts and graphic tees do not fall in that category, so those type of fits can stay in the WDYWT....that's just my take on it. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you.

Originally Posted by JRHodges11

Thoughts on this toggle piece I'm really thinking about getting it.

if you like it then get it because that's all that matters anyway.
My opinion....not feeling it, it would be cool if it was a coat but as a cardigan no

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Jaykayyy

Not you, Eiddy. son got the shirt tucked in high above his waist with them pants and shoes that ain't modern or dressing better to me at all, it just looks old and outdated.  This is my opinion though.  Wanna know what i think this thread has turned into? with the exception of maybe nii and rfx, cats that really do this, ya'll dudes are just throwing anything together that isn't what ya'll wore 2 yrs ago, without thought or effort and have a pretentious sense of entitlement that it's right no matter what, and that this is supposed to be one big @+***$! lovefest where no criticism is allowed and not a dressing better thread.  Funny thing is the cats i check for in the thread either pay no mind to overly harsh and worthless criticism, or address it appropriately.  I invite the emotional groupies to do the same, or otherwise choke yaselves.

Constructive criticism is one thing, but from what I've generally seen from you in this thread, you're outright making fun of people. It's just pretty ironic because many of your comments fit into the "worthless criticism" category. I'm also not quite sure why anyone would pay attention to worthless criticism in the first place.  Also, it's fashion so I don't really believe there is a "right" and "wrong", it's mostly opinion based.

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Jaykayyy

Didn't know there was so much animosity and supressed emotions towards this thread, I haven't been here that long but I thought this was a thread for inspiration, information and C&C...if what it takes is for dudes to post fits of what they feel is "dressing better" then let it be, I personally have enjoyed Ace's fits...wether his reason for posting is attention or groupie love, I really don't care, dude pulls it together. Since I started posting here, the dude that impressed me most is Nii, but I'm rarely suited up, so I can't really pick up anything from his sense of style....but I'm sure someone out there is...and to me that's the point of the thread, or no?

Forgot to post what I came in here for in the first place.

I'm getting a nice pair of denim whenever this check comes in. Any help on what to get? All I wear now are 514s, I want them a little slimmer but tapered at the bottom.
What APCs are like that? Or any other brand actually, trying to stay under around 200

Btw that cardigan up there...I wouldn't rock, just sense like a little too much...that would look awesome as a coat though.

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

I understand where you are coming from, me bein one of the dudes that lately has been pretty active on here can tell you that I appreciate to see a piece on the average Joe like when RFX posts or ESCO or NIi, rather than when a picture of a GQ spread is posted, mainly because it seems more true to what the piece would look like in real life, rather than the perfect height, physique and model for that pair of pants, shirt, jacket....therefore I myself try to contribute and I only post when I feel I've thrown something on across the lines of what "Dressing better" may be...obviously I've learn that jays, foams, sb's, cargo shorts and graphic tees do not fall in that category, so those type of fits can stay in the WDYWT....that's just my take on it. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you.

Keep doing u man, both your fits and Aceofjays, fits have been inspiring me to wear different pieces together that I never even thought would work...

You can size up on a skinny fit pair from the Gap, they have a few which are
smokin.gif
or you can try out the 484's vintage slims from JCREW...they only have 4 washes, but IMO those are some of the best fitting jeans I've owned, you can also size up on some 511's...that's what I'd do if I wanted a slimmer look, with a tapered bottom, without asphyxiating your nuts.

I've yet to try any of those fancy Nudies and APC's....but from what I've seen they look very slim unless they have other models.

Back
Top Bottom