Dressing better

Originally Posted by omgitswes

I had one of my RL suits tailored and now its too slim on me. they can let it out right?
You got fatter? Let out in what perspective? If you had the width taken in, they had to cut excess material off so no, they cannot undo that.

But if you grew taller, and need the sleeves or inseam of pants to be longer, they may be able to do that, depending on how drastic the change is. Note thatif just a couple of mm's or 1 cm, they probably can do it, but anything over .5 inch will be too much.

How about regulating your diet and working out to melt that 15 lbs away so you can fit into the suit again and be in better health too?

Funny that I actually lost 10 lbs during my freshman year. It's not until my 2nd year that I gained weight. Shooting pool all night and Denny's afterFTL.

i'm about 6'4 and only weigh around 180 so the 15 did me good.
i could use a healthier diet though since i'm so sluggish all the time now. I can't even get through two games of basketball now without calling it aday.

wow good god...

please don't take the majority of this advice lol

buying expensive clothes doesn't mean its going to give you the look you want...if you buy expensive clothes just for the labels without knowing how itsmeant to be worn, you're just gonna look like you're trying too hard and thats never cute...that being said, price does reflect quality and you shouldbe aware that you're wallets gonna be feeling awfully light after some serious shopping..

I'd recommend the following for starters:

- Seven Jeans for men (they have fabulous cuts and you generally don't need them altered, but if they're too long or too wide in the hips PLEASE do,you'll never get the money you paid for them looking like that!)

- for shirts, it really isn't so difficult...you mainly want to stay away from anything that's too large or too tight..again, the key point here isfit..if you're wearing a T-shirt or polo, you want the sleeve to be well fitted and just at slightly above 1/2 way of your arm, the length should hit justbarely past belt level, enough for the belt to be visible at times if you wore one, nothing longer than that...the most classic look for school without lookinglike a scrub is always a casual plaid button-up that you can roll up the sleeves about 3/4 of the way up with a long-sleeved, fitted thermal underneath..
o_YNwNeoz8XTgGPpK.jpg

An even easier look is just to throw on a sweatshirt (yes, hollister or abercrombie is a great choice here) but I would also highly recommend well-fittingtrack jackets, Puma makes a great variety of colors and styles to choose from.
*I'd also like to mention that plain white t-shirts or fitted thermals go great with this, just don't ever wear anything with a V-neck!**
This is great if you want to go for the athletic, easy look which is always uber hot!
760229-03%20-%20Puma%20Ferrari%20Fleece%20Track%20Jacket.jpg

- And finally...shoes! They can definitely kill your whole look if you choose the wrong ones...with the classic, straight cut of the jeans shown above, a goodchoice is always a pair of classic black chucks, slip on vans, or my personal favorites -> slip-on leather pumas!
puma-slip-on.jpg
6219-513497-p.jpg

K...that's a wrap! This is a terrific place to start, this will give you a clean cut, casual look that is terrific for school or just hanging out that willhave you looking well put together without trying too hard
glasses.gif
...As youcan see, there's a little bit of everything here..you have a little preppy with the shirts, something classic with the jeans, but still athletic with thetrack jacket..

And one more thing..please make sure you never try to accessorize with anything more than your backpack or a hat
tongue.gif

<3

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

Originally Posted by Dr 715

o_YNwNeoz8XTgGPpK.jpg

Where can I get a shirt with this or a very similiar color scheme?
Tag says Hollister.

Have you tried there?
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

I couldn't tell if that was Hollister. I wouldn't be caught dead in that store anyway ...

Any LEGIT places to get a plaid shirt like that?

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

o_YNwNeoz8XTgGPpK.jpg

Where can I get a shirt with this or a very similiar color scheme?
Tag says Hollister.

Have you tried there?
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
I couldn't tell if that was Hollister. I wouldn't be caught dead in that store anyway ...

Any LEGIT places to get a plaid shirt like that?

If you're really lookin for it, you would actually go to that store.

With that said, your logic is stupid.

I'll play.

I'll start with shoes. Out of all of my shoes these are the ones I wear the most. That's why they look kinda beat.

LOL you need to go to hollister! don't let the name brand scare you, its not like people are gonna be pulling at the back of your neck to see where itsfrom...you have to learn to mix and match different kinds of pieces to get a good look!

so yeah..try hollister, american eagle, abercrombie...don't be such a typical "too cool" guy and do it!

Originally Posted by jomitm

If you're really lookin for it, you would actually go to that store.

With that said, your logic is stupid.
Tell me what else I would actually do.

With that said, your logic is beyond stupid.

what's up with none of these shoes going to a 14 or 15 jeeze.
any nice loafers or oxfords for us big footed people. Allen Edmonds are the only ones I know of

What are the main differences between Levi 501's and 514's? Would you wear the same W x L as you would for both types? Someone school me. :/

Originally Posted by LadyIntellect

wow good god...

please don't take the majority of this advice lol

buying expensive clothes doesn't mean its going to give you the look you want...if you buy expensive clothes just for the labels without knowing how its meant to be worn, you're just gonna look like you're trying too hard and thats never cute...that being said, price does reflect quality and you should be aware that you're wallets gonna be feeling awfully light after some serious shopping..

I'd recommend the following for starters:

- Seven Jeans for men (they have fabulous cuts and you generally don't need them altered, but if they're too long or too wide in the hips PLEASE do, you'll never get the money you paid for them looking like that!)

- for shirts, it really isn't so difficult...you mainly want to stay away from anything that's too large or too tight..again, the key point here is fit..if you're wearing a T-shirt or polo, you want the sleeve to be well fitted and just at slightly above 1/2 way of your arm, the length should hit just barely past belt level, enough for the belt to be visible at times if you wore one, nothing longer than that...the most classic look for school without looking like a scrub is always a casual plaid button-up that you can roll up the sleeves about 3/4 of the way up with a long-sleeved, fitted thermal underneath..
o_YNwNeoz8XTgGPpK.jpg

An even easier look is just to throw on a sweatshirt (yes, hollister or abercrombie is a great choice here) but I would also highly recommend well-fitting track jackets, Puma makes a great variety of colors and styles to choose from.
*I'd also like to mention that plain white t-shirts or fitted thermals go great with this, just don't ever wear anything with a V-neck!**
This is great if you want to go for the athletic, easy look which is always uber hot!
760229-03%20-%20Puma%20Ferrari%20Fleece%20Track%20Jacket.jpg

- And finally...shoes! They can definitely kill your whole look if you choose the wrong ones...with the classic, straight cut of the jeans shown above, a good choice is always a pair of classic black chucks, slip on vans, or my personal favorites -> slip-on leather pumas!
puma-slip-on.jpg
6219-513497-p.jpg

K...that's a wrap! This is a terrific place to start, this will give you a clean cut, casual look that is terrific for school or just hanging out that will have you looking well put together without trying too hard
glasses.gif
...As you can see, there's a little bit of everything here..you have a little preppy with the shirts, something classic with the jeans, but still athletic with the track jacket..

And one more thing..please make sure you never try to accessorize with anything more than your backpack or a hat
tongue.gif

<3

The hell? No one listen to this broad... please. First of all, SMH @ you for telling dudes to wear sevens. We're not girls, and there are certain brandsthat become douchy and bro-like when guys wear them.

Brands none of you should wear:

Sevens
True Religion
Juicy Couture Men
Rock & Republic

Please. Secondly, another SMH @ you for recommending hollister shirts. **** with that bs. The last thing I need to see walking around campus here at Universityof Oregon is another 'bro' wearing sevens with an abercrombie/hollister/american eagle tee and flip-flops. If you must go to the mall to buy yourclothes, I hope you respect yourself enough to not go into these teen stores.

Stop recommending people dress like douchy so-cal 'bros'. We don't need that garbage. Telling people this simply adds the original problem.

^word.

There is something to be said for buying quality pieces. Jeans, are one of those staples in your wardrobe worth investing in. Overpaying for poor quality(Seven for All Mankind) isn't a good idea in my opinion.

i like AE though they have nice shirts. with that said i can't stand hollister and the other stores

Back
Top Bottom