Dressing better

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

what can you wear under a v-neck sweater besides a dress shirt?

a v-neck shirt
nerd.gif
...imo those are the only 2 that would be sufficient

Originally Posted by got shoes

a v-neck shirt
nerd.gif
Not sure about that. I think a dress shirt might be the only acceptable option.

Originally Posted by AC4Three

a v-neck shirt
nerd.gif
You can def wear a white crew or V under a V-neck sweater.

I can't find my J Crew Chambray 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

My favorite chill outfit is definitely a chambray and some khaki's. Its the most comfortable fit ever. I'm happy its getting warmer so I can wear lighter materials.

I've been wearing flannel and cashmere all winter 
laugh.gif

Wish I had the money all the time to spend on J. Crew. It's too expensive right now with the other things in life aka bills
frown.gif
Resorting to UO sucks.

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Suggestions on alterations? I know the shoulder pads are too bulky as is imo. Dont even look at the shoes. I forgot to get my good pair back from my roommate, so i had to settle for those.

Dont take this the wrong way (too many damn sensitive people on the internet these days so i start almost all my feedback by apologising
embarassed.gif
) ... but you will probably never be happy with this suit no matter the amount of money you put into it.

1. the hard 3 button cut is dated ... like something from the 80s(3 rolled to 2 would be better, or just a 2 button)
2. those shoulder pads are pretty bad (Tim you work out and are big, so natural shoulders would look better IMO)
3. your buttoning point is too high, which is something that can never be fixed (The last button should generally fall at the top or slightly below your belt/waist)
4. your sleeves are too tight and therefore rippling. (Again,your huge..so I don't think that Lanvin RFX45 tight swag/cut is for you)

maybe after 100-150 bucks and a REALLY good tailor, you could get it fitting decent. i'd give it away or sell it and use that money + the alterations money to find something that fits better off the rack. also it would help to understand what is a "good fitting" suit, so you have a good basis to start searching from.
eek.gif
frown.gif

But forreal, i'ma just take the joint back.
Just to help some more.

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Originally Posted by AC4Three

a v-neck shirt
nerd.gif
You can def wear a white crew or V under a V-neck sweater.
I wouldn't wear a crew neck with a  v-neck sweater, I just think it looks sloppy, but a v-neck udnershirt that cannot be seen is a good and casual look. Perfect for chilly spring morning and nights, worn with chinos or boat shoes/sneakers. Just a relaxed look.

i'll never understand the anti-crewneck t-shirt movement in here.  the rest of the population thinks they are fine.  a v-neck under a v-neck is just weird to me, it looks like you're not wearing anything under the sweater.  i think a crewneck just looks better with it.  i've never seen anyone wear anything other than a dress shirt or crewneck under it.

Originally Posted by shogun

i'll never understand the anti-crewneck t-shirt movement in here.  the rest of the population thinks they are fine.  a v-neck under a v-neck is just weird to me, it looks like you're not wearing anything under the sweater.  i think a crewneck just looks better with it.  i've never seen anyone wear anything other than a dress shirt or crewneck under it.
That is the point, to make it seems like you are wearingnothing underneath, it's a cleaner look. I am not taking about deep v-necks here that shows off your chest hair, just a normal v-neck. it's a personal opinion on my part. 

Suggestions on alterations? I know the shoulder pads are too bulky as is imo. Dont even look at the shoes. I forgot to get my good pair back from my roommate, so i had to settle for those.

Dont take this the wrong way (too many damn sensitive people on the internet these days so i start almost all my feedback by apologising
embarassed.gif
) ... but you will probably never be happy with this suit no matter the amount of money you put into it.

1. the hard 3 button cut is dated ... like something from the 80s
2. those shoulder pads are pretty bad
3. your buttoning point is too high, which is something that can never be fixed
4. your sleeves are too tight and therefore rippling.

maybe after 100-150 bucks and a REALLY good tailor, you could get it fitting decent. i'd give it away or sell it and use that money + the alterations money to find something that fits better off the rack. also it would help to understand what is a "good fitting" suit, so you have a good basis to start searching from.

I'm going to agree here.  The moment I saw it was a 3 button suit I just went 
eyes.gif
.  I'd also suggest just starting all over.  Check for a 2 button suit and work form there. ^ good advice up here, I suggest you take it.
is it just me? cause i see a 4 button suit.
laugh.gif
 never seen that before.

Originally Posted by ChiqGa

embarassed.gif

1. the hard 3 button cut is dated ... like something from the 80s
2. those shoulder pads are pretty bad
3. your buttoning point is too high, which is something that can never be fixed
4. your sleeves are too tight and therefore rippling.

I'm going to agree here.  The moment I saw it was a 3 button suit I just went 
eyes.gif
.  I'd also suggest just starting all over.  Check for a 2 button suit and work form there. ^ good advice up here, I suggest you take it.
is it just me? cause i see a 4 button suit.
laugh.gif
 never seen that before.

i had to do a double take, but its hard to tell. Maybe Grimm can chime in.

if its a 4 button then, add another line of feedback above ... 4 buttons is a NO-NO ...........  unless you are channelling your inner Steve Harvey!!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

So I've just taken my hand at launching a website.... Half off pretty much everything
Jacks Webstore
It's crude as hell at the moment, and I'd love some feedback.

I've never done anything like this before but we just aren't getting the foot traffic here in-store.

So far since launch today things have been going fairly well, actually sold a few things already.
Again, flame suit on here; I'd love some critique on anything from my product photos to requests for product itself.  Let me know NT!

Originally Posted by oo206oo

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

Originally Posted by oo206oo

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

I'm partial to Brooks Brothers Slim Fit dress shirts

+ 1 for the BB ... but extra slim for me. interestingly it works great. thats what i have on today Scott Frost.
Im not taking shots here, but youre not "extra slim" from the pics ive seen. Is there something odd about the sizing of Brooks Brothers shirts i should know. 
Im not "extra slim" either, so im wondering if that fit of shirt would work well for me. (im 6'2 215 with really broad shoulders and an athletic build)
their extra slim isnt extra slim at all. its just slim compared to their mammoth sized regular fit shirts. if you have an athletic build, you would definitely need to get the shirt tailored at the waist.
Youre not kidding about the mammoth sizing for BB.  I was in a wedding last year and the groom asked my measurements and bought the shirt for me and it fit like a sheet (even though it was the right size). 
My closest BB store is about 45 minutes away, im thinking ill just stop in next time im in the area, to try on the slim fit. Thanks for the heads up guys.

ha - no worries 206. there are many people out there now who give advice even though they havent lived it.

trust me ... 99% of what i say i've experienced. i wont give advice when i havent touched, felt and dealt with the item in question.

BB Extra Slim will fit you like your regular slim fits.  
Good looks, BB has a sale right now, up to 60% off, plus 15 off with code SPG111X.
http://slickdeals.net/?sd...men&pgname=clearance

FYI, Dr. Jays has some boots on sale + an extra 30%...if you're looking for some decent timberland boots, you can get a steal.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

FYI, Dr. Jays has some boots on sale + an extra 30%...if you're looking for some decent timberland boots, you can get a steal.

Thanks for sharing, got a pair of Timberland boat chukkas for $83 shipped.  Cheapest I've seen compared to anywhere else.

Back
Top Bottom