Dressing better

Originally Posted by friscostylez

i just bought a plaid classic fit ralph lauren shirt and I want to wear it as a sport shirt but the length on the back is 
sick.gif
. have any you guys taken a dress shirt to the tailor to turn it into a sport shirt? should i just return it?

I got 2 for christmas 09 and got one of them tailored, now it's
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Hmm, now I gotta take the other one. They charged me 70 bucks. Reduce length, width, and hemp the sleeves.

I'm curious how the new 2011 bomber will look like but the collared moto for me is the perfect bomber. It won't billow out like the current bomber, it has a slimmer look and doesn't have the ribbed bottoms and cuffs.

Originally Posted by RFX45

ToJ's 2011 DR
New version of the moto and bomber coming out soon too, this (these 
embarassed.gif
) might be my first ToJ.

2rnekhc.jpg
r1frdk.jpg

this looks great!! are their prices staying steady for 2011?

Wait, so the standard bomber is no longer available? I've had the funds but opted to wait so I could improve my shape a bit better. Wouldn't want the measurements to be inaccurate within a few months time.

Old styles are still available, these are just newer and more toned down interpretations.
The new bomber hasn't been revealed but there has also been a hint that suede leathers might be available again.

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

i just bought a plaid classic fit ralph lauren shirt and I want to wear it as a sport shirt but the length on the back is 
sick.gif
. have any you guys taken a dress shirt to the tailor to turn it into a sport shirt? should i just return it?

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Hmm, now I gotta take the other one. They charged me 70 bucks. Reduce length, width, and hemp the sleeves.
you essentially bought a new shirt...

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

sick.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

You need to hit up Vietnamese tailors. I had the same problem with polo shirts (really long "tails" and fronts), and I went told my tailor to make it straight cut and to hem the sleeves by 1 inch. Total=$14 (Individually he hems for $8 )

By the way, I NEVER buy RL classic fit. Custom fit or nothing. 

sick.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

for that much I would rather buy a sewing machine and try it myself
laugh.gif

Question about the dress shirt worn with a suit.

Should a custom shirt have a left pocket in the shirt or no pocket? I'm assuming it's a personal preference.

Any help is appreciated.

Anyone here have any experience with the Abercrombie&Fitch Rollins leather? Looking to invest in a leather this spring.

Thx.

planning to get a suit from Banana Republic with the F&F sale coming up

any experiences with them and how do their suits fit and any suggestions on a particular one

Originally Posted by adiosburritos

any experiences with them and how do their suits fit and any suggestions on a particular one
Depends on how you're built (pause) but BR suits generally fit like trash.  Even their tailored or slim fit isn't what most would think of as slim.

sick.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

eek.gif
  You could gotten a shirt completely recut and essentially custom fit for about $30.  Where do you live/go to that they charged that much?  Had to be a drycleaner.

Im mad TOJ discontinued their old model Varsity

They have to bring back a spring/summer version, its their most beloved project.  Patience, young sir.

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

Depends on how you're built (pause) but BR suits generally fit like trash.  Even their tailored or slim fit isn't what most would think of as slim.
This isn't true. The tailored fit works really well for me straight off the rack, and the modern fit is good after waist suppression.

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

sick.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

eek.gif
  You could gotten a shirt completely recut and essentially custom fit for about $30.  Where do you live/go to that they charged that much?  Had to be a drycleaner.
I'm a pretty slim dude 5'9 165, but not skinny and frail slim
I had a feeling that BR suits had pretty bad fit, but the 30% off got me interested in them

Originally Posted by mustbefire

They have to bring back a spring/summer version, its their most beloved project.  Patience, young sir.

If they do, which I don't think they will, they will jack up the price astronomically.  The reason they discontinued it was because the cost of production was way too much for what they were charging, and not enough people were buying it for them to keep selling/making it.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Originally Posted by mustbefire

If they do, which I don't think they will, they will jack up the price astronomically.  The reason they discontinued it was because the cost of production was way too much for what they were charging, and not enough people were buying it for them to keep selling/making it.

They would definitely have to increase the price but to say $300 to $350 price tag is astronomical is a little over exaggerated.  Check out TOJ gallery and you can see it is by far the most purchased piece by far.  The reason they haven't released a new light weight version because there's argument going on over raglan vs. regular sleeves that TOJ team doesn't want to deal with right now, but in all honesty look how many times they said they were never going to release another varsity model and all of sudden a new version pops up out of thin air.  Its supply and demand sir and the demand is definitely there.

ToJ won't raise the price astronomically on anything, these guys mark-ups is still pretty low and they do no have any other things to pay for such as a b&m store or advertising so the savings are passed on to the consumer.

As for the rest of the 2011 stuff, there doesn't seem to be any 2011 bomber, they did reveal another DR which is more detailed and surprisingly they are charging the same, $710 shipped.
2yzla0y.jpg
bdwa4o.jpg

They only have two more things to reveal, a new DR (banded version) and a suede baseball jacket, which I am looking forward to. BoO has been doing it and I have been tempted to get one but I might just go with ToJ and save a few bucks.

Back
Top Bottom