Dressing better

Nice BR jacket, Ace. Any idea whether they still have those discount cards at BR? I remember last year they had given them out on Wednesdays or something like that?

Better lighting. Gosh I love the thrift store.
11gni84.jpg

Went to NYC this weekend...stumbled across Century 21.. No man should EVER be caught slippin when it comes to accessorizing and dressing with that store within an hour's drive/commute.
Piked up these shirts from Gitman Bros Vintage, never heard of the brand but the shirts screamed Spring/Summer time to me..

Multiple pairs of socks, i like to match a color out of the sock to something above the waste, either a pocketsquare, or tie, etc..

These two knits to throw under some sweaters or cardigans this spring

some new pocket squares...never can have too many!

And my first journey into shoes not named Cole Haan or Stacey Adams

Bought the walnut pair about 3 months back, and the black pair this weekend..

Im currently rebuilding my whole wardrobe from the ground up..got a decent fitting navy and charcoal suit, and some nice fitting khakis.  Next is a nice blue blazer and then im refreshing my dress shirts.. this whole process is expensive and hard work so i stopped for a little fun with all of the accessories
smile.gif

The shoes are Lombards, by Allen Edmonds.. I got them at the Allen Edmonds factory store as Factory Seconds, however could spot no discernible flaws on either pair. The pocket squares came from Century 21... I have never seen a store carry that amount of pocket squares for those type of prices(7 to 9$ per square) but I will admit these are not top quality squares. Generally for nicer designs and patterns you are looking at anywhere from 30 on the lower end to 200+ for premium squares. A decent online maker/seller of quality squares is kentwang. His are handmade with handrolled edges and run about 25-30$ per square depending on materials, etc, and service is top notch!

Thanks. We don't have a Century 21 out here unfortunately, unless it's something about real estate. And I didn't know pocket squares could go to so much 
sick.gif
Funny I should say, but for some reason your avy threw me off completely 
laugh.gif
Perhaps it's the glittering myspace style.

anyone able to recommend a nice camouflage jacket? attempts at witty replies greatly appreciated. Thanks,

btw, awesome score on the thrifted jacket/suit(?), did you have to do much work to achieve that fit?

Sorry bout the AvY, ive had it for about 3 or 4 years, i guess i should look into changing it.. i don't post here often but I've been following this thread since the beginning and since ive finally started the process of changing out the wardrobe figured i would update..but yeah i dont have a Century 21 near me either, as Im in North Carolina. I did see on their site they are in the process of starting up an online store so check there in the near future. The store was like TJ Maxx on Steroids, and that is understatement

could anyone help me track down some nice knit ties. ive tried the stores around my area and cant find any. thanks in advance

Originally Posted by eeBS7eez

anyone able to recommend a nice camouflage jacket? attempts at witty replies greatly appreciated. Thanks,

btw, awesome score on the thrifted jacket/suit(?), did you have to do much work to achieve that fit?
I was at the store and couldn't find any. Ziiiing!
But really, I've seen several at thrift stores, thought about buying one, was inspired by
And thanks, the jacket is off the "rack". Put it on, and it felt great, no way I could turn it down for $6.
0051-682x1024.jpg

very nice. i've been noticing a few hooded models on ebay, they have that visvim/japanese technical style to them. i think, like the one you just showed, the key is having a jacket that fits and looks fashionable. i would hate to order one and have it come out like this
images

LOL at them doing Jarret Jack like this :

jarrett-jack.jpg

#1 whats he doin on that list ? 15?
2. whats good with this pic being old as hell (I hope)
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by 23kickz

aceofjays: very nice leather from banana. gonna go instore to take a look at it. how much did you end up paying ?

The jacket went from $350 to ~$122 
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Cronicmole: I understand where you're coming from. I haven't gotten into watches as heavy as I want to, but it's coming.

Mercutio: I'm not sure if the coupons are still going on, the coups I had were from a couple weeks ago. They do them periodically.

Thanks for the compliments again guys. 

Can someone please help!!!
I'm looking for a khaki suit but I need some inspiration.
If anyone could give a quick rundown on them I'd be very grateful.
(Preferably with pictures.)

And with over 1200+ pages, I don't exactly remember what pages to find pictures of them.
I've probably gone through 100 random pages and haven't found anything.
If you could help, thanks!

Originally Posted by irpstakid

Can someone please help!!!
I'm looking for a khaki suit but I need some inspiration.
If anyone could give a quick rundown on them I'd be very grateful.
(Preferably with pictures.)
With everybody having received a good amount of their spring collections now, it shouldn't be hard to find one.  
Billy Reid has a nice one here (fits great): http://www.billyreid.com/?cat=102#201.1318

If that is a little out of the budget, there are always alternatives at J. Crew and elsewhere.  

Back
Top Bottom