Dressing better

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Just showing this chambray shirt I got from JcPenny last year for like 10 bucks I think.
Fit is amazing, had to size down. Whole fit is wrinkled because I slept in it
grin.gif

5781074725_9b676959d0.jpg

what happened to your sleeves

all bunched up because of how wrinkled it is. Probably should of ironed before taking a pic.
They aren't that short

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

What kind of denim are y'all rocking? (besides Levis)

never rocked Levis, i usually wear 7's and Joe's. Will probably cop a pair of Nudies soon

I need to try Uniqlos denim.
I was going to get a pair of APC's with my income check. Really need to try them on first though, what store in NYC sells them?

^^^ There is an A.P.C. flagship store in SOHO on Mercer & Prince. They have pretty much every size in every cut so I would suggest trying them on there. Then buy online from a place like Need Supply Co. with a coupon code. Don't forget that they will stretch but some of that has been over-exaggerated. I am a 30 waist in Levi's 511/514 and a 28 in APC New Standards was the sweet spot for me.

I follow the three piece rule, no more than three pieces of the same brand, in fact just to make sure I don't ever slip up I seldom where more than two pieces from the same brand. It's gaudy to me when somoenes shirt, pant, socks are all the same brand. Whats the ruling? Good rule/bad rule

^ Doesn't make sense rule.

If you like the way that you look, who gives a damn whether it's all one brand or four different brands?

For tall, lean dudes like myself, there are only so many brands that fit the way that I need them to.

Originally Posted by bboy1827

I follow the three piece rule, no more than three pieces of the same brand, in fact just to make sure I don't ever slip up I seldom where more than two pieces from the same brand. It's gaudy to me when somoenes shirt, pant, socks are all the same brand. Whats the ruling? Good rule/bad rule

I disagree.
If the logo is not plastered all over all three items, then I don't see a problem with being draped head to toe in the same brand.
A better rule would be "no more than two to three pieces made from the same material at the same time".
Mixing your textiles gives your look much more character.
This is a lot easier to do in during the cold weather seasons.

Originally Posted by PrurientSole

^ Doesn't make sense rule.

If you like the way that you look, who gives a damn whether it's all one brand or four different brands?

For tall, lean dudes like myself, there are only so many brands that fit the way that I need them to.
true

Originally Posted by emacdaddy24

^^^ There is an A.P.C. flagship store in SOHO on Mercer & Prince. They have pretty much every size in every cut so I would suggest trying them on there. Then buy online from a place like Need Supply Co. with a coupon code. Don't forget that they will stretch but some of that has been over-exaggerated. I am a 30 waist in Levi's 511/514 and a 28 in APC New Standards was the sweet spot for me.

Did not know they had a flagship store. Thanks man!

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Originally Posted by Buscape

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

I've always seen this thread but never came in.  I shoulda been in here from the jump 
pimp.gif

246736_765930247494_1300310_38568421_5254869_n.jpg

Glasses - Carrera
Shirt - Polo
Belt - Cole Haan
Shorts - Polo
Drivers - Tod's
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Would you care to explain the humor in this pic as I fail to see it?
Fit is proper imo. Except for the popped collar, other than that its coo.
It honestly looks more like a costume than an outfit. I'd wear this to a halloween party if I wanted to look like a white frat bro. Good pieces of clothing, just worn incorrectly. Some body types are mean to wear certain things, and this just doesn't work. The outfit he posted later with the sport coat is MUCH better. 
grin.gif

Then buy online from a place like Need Supply Co. with a coupon code.

I thought apc was always excluded in their coupons?  Unless they changed that policy recently.  I think every site i've looked on always have them for retail price.

Originally Posted by bboy1827

No rules. For the most part, brands make clothes that matches ftheir brand and aesthetic. They all go together. You can wear head to toe Jil Sander or Dior and look real good, it would look great in fact. Most people aren't going to see an outfit and think, "oh that guy is wearing all Jil, how tacky!" Most people probably won't even know you're wearing Jil unless you tell them. I think your rule only applies to monogrammed or big logo items, in which case I'd suggest one piece of loud piece but other than that no rules apply. It would actually make it much easier for a person to wear one brand then they'd have less problem matching or worrying whether their clothes go together. 

Originally Posted by shogun

Then buy online from a place like Need Supply Co. with a coupon code.

I thought apc was always excluded in their coupons?  Unless they changed that policy recently.  I think every site i've looked on always have them for retail price.

It might be on a case by case basis, but I used "MAY10" from the styleforum affiliate thread and it worked on APC's. It was only 10% off but knowing they usually are hard to find new at any discount I went ahead and jumped on that.

Originally Posted by FREAKSHOW

Originally Posted by ksteezy

yesterday for mother's day

thinking this is how ima do it up in Miami this weekend for the club, wanted to get a suit but i wont have time to get it tailored and don't really want to drop 500$ for the ludlow
ohwell.gif
Ksteezy coming to Miami.. i gotta met this man.. ima be at LIV/Arkadia on Friday.......no %#+@

Not sure what spots we will hit, how is LIV?...tap tap pullin all though the club bro
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JPioneer

RFX or anyone know what brand this sweater is? 
nerd.gif

nerd.gif
I don't know what brand it is but I think the style is a fisherman wool knit sweater.  You probably can't find any now.  But during fall and winter you can find them in most stores.  They had them in j. crew, br, polo, and a whole bunch of other stores.

I think the problem with his first fit is that it looks a bit odd with his physique, his legs look borderline feminine, but overall he put together some nice fits...props

Originally Posted by shogun

RFX or anyone know what brand this sweater is? 
nerd.gif

nerd.gif
I don't know what brand it is but I think the style is a fisherman wool knit sweater.  You probably can't find any now.  But during fall and winter you can find them in most stores.  They had them in j. crew, br, polo, and a whole bunch of other stores.
Thank you, I'll look around.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

60303_661624332384_1300310_37527615_4800733_n.jpg

Shirt + Blazer - Michael Kors
Jeans - 7 for All Mankind

Dude got a lot of hate for his first fit, but this one is pretty
pimp.gif
in my opinion.
that IS a nice fit ... the white shirt actually makes it. a case of less = more. 
well played man. 

Back
Top Bottom