Dressing better

Originally Posted by LadyIntellect

Originally Posted by Travis Outlaw

wow good god...

please don't take the majority of this advice lol

buying expensive clothes doesn't mean its going to give you the look you want...if you buy expensive clothes just for the labels without knowing how its meant to be worn, you're just gonna look like you're trying too hard and thats never cute...that being said, price does reflect quality and you should be aware that you're wallets gonna be feeling awfully light after some serious shopping..

I'd recommend the following for starters:

- Seven Jeans for men (they have fabulous cuts and you generally don't need them altered, but if they're too long or too wide in the hips PLEASE do, you'll never get the money you paid for them looking like that!)

- for shirts, it really isn't so difficult...you mainly want to stay away from anything that's too large or too tight..again, the key point here is fit..if you're wearing a T-shirt or polo, you want the sleeve to be well fitted and just at slightly above 1/2 way of your arm, the length should hit just barely past belt level, enough for the belt to be visible at times if you wore one, nothing longer than that...the most classic look for school without looking like a scrub is always a casual plaid button-up that you can roll up the sleeves about 3/4 of the way up with a long-sleeved, fitted thermal underneath..
o_YNwNeoz8XTgGPpK.jpg

An even easier look is just to throw on a sweatshirt (yes, hollister or abercrombie is a great choice here) but I would also highly recommend well-fitting track jackets, Puma makes a great variety of colors and styles to choose from.
*I'd also like to mention that plain white t-shirts or fitted thermals go great with this, just don't ever wear anything with a V-neck!**
This is great if you want to go for the athletic, easy look which is always uber hot!
760229-03%20-%20Puma%20Ferrari%20Fleece%20Track%20Jacket.jpg

- And finally...shoes! They can definitely kill your whole look if you choose the wrong ones...with the classic, straight cut of the jeans shown above, a good choice is always a pair of classic black chucks, slip on vans, or my personal favorites -> slip-on leather pumas!
puma-slip-on.jpg
6219-513497-p.jpg

K...that's a wrap! This is a terrific place to start, this will give you a clean cut, casual look that is terrific for school or just hanging out that will have you looking well put together without trying too hard
glasses.gif
...As you can see, there's a little bit of everything here..you have a little preppy with the shirts, something classic with the jeans, but still athletic with the track jacket..

And one more thing..please make sure you never try to accessorize with anything more than your backpack or a hat
tongue.gif

<3

The hell? No one listen to this broad... please. First of all, SMH @ you for telling dudes to wear sevens. We're not girls, and there are certain brands that become douchy and bro-like when guys wear them.

Brands none of you should wear:

Sevens
True Religion
Juicy Couture Men
Rock & Republic

Please. Secondly, another SMH @ you for recommending hollister shirts. **** with that bs. The last thing I need to see walking around campus here at University of Oregon is another 'bro' wearing sevens with an abercrombie/hollister/american eagle tee and flip-flops. If you must go to the mall to buy your clothes, I hope you respect yourself enough to not go into these teen stores.

Stop recommending people dress like douchy so-cal 'bros'. We don't need that garbage. Telling people this simply adds the original problem.

Friend:

Calm the hell down! Nobody's shoving my suggestions down your throat lol

Please take a minute to refer back to the original poster, who was requesting suggestions for a change from his usual shabby sweats look....What I recommended in my post was quite simply a casual, laid back feel (yes, this is california style..and?) for school, since he is a STUDENT so excuse us if some people actually do go to shop at these mall contraptions? LOL
you're somethin else to talk about having guys dress "douchey" when you have the guts to say something as high and mighty as all that

back to the topic..my point was actually more about a general, casual style that would be a perfectly suitable alternative than sweats for school..the examples i listed were just that, EXAMPLES..you can obviously go with any brand you choose from, its still quite honestly a fabulous look for men and incredibly hot if I do say so myself...A&F, Hollister, all that are just a good place to start if you're interested in pursuing that look...

that having been said, you could have been a whole heck of a lot more adult, and a hell of a lot less obnoxious with your objection
smile.gif

Can I shove my suggestions down your throat?
nerd.gif

I kid.

Originally Posted by Dakingii

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

The hell? No one listen to this broad... please. First of all, SMH @ you for telling dudes to wear sevens. We're not girls, and there are certain brands that become douchy and bro-like when guys wear them.

Brands none of you should wear:

Sevens
True Religion
Juicy Couture Men
Rock & Republic

Please. Secondly, another SMH @ you for recommending hollister shirts. **** with that bs. The last thing I need to see walking around campus here at University of Oregon is another 'bro' wearing sevens with an abercrombie/hollister/american eagle tee and flip-flops. If you must go to the mall to buy your clothes, I hope you respect yourself enough to not go into these teen stores.

Stop recommending people dress like douchy so-cal 'bros'. We don't need that garbage. Telling people this simply adds the original problem.
Man, I partially agree with what you said, but who are you to tell a man what to wear?
laugh.gif
tired.gif

smh.gif
putting a g on blast like that. it's not that serious. could've said it in a less, disrespectful way.

QFT. Dude went extra hard for no reason at all, it aint that serious.
i second that...dude took it as a personal attack or soemthing lol

you guys rock!

Originally Posted by Nawth21

Douchy and bro like is an attitude problem, not a problem with brands. I hate boys who raise their noses at certain brands for brand sake alone. I love a man in a well fitting pair of jeans, regardless of brand.

couldn't have said it any better myself...the whole point was that the jeans have a terrific fit! for both women and men, that is precisely why seven'shave established their name brand as such and are known for; and also exactly why i listed them as an example. the wholeeeeeeeeee point is fit!
smile.gif

the only thing i noticed that she was wrong about is not having to alter those kinds of jeans. maybe if you are 6'5. they are long as hell when you buythem.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

the only thing i noticed that she was wrong about is not having to alter those kinds of jeans. maybe if you are 6'5. they are long as hell when you buy them.
they have new "flip flop" lengths, and no, i don't condone wearing them with flip flops lol

fashionpickups1.jpg

514 in the middle, sits on the hips and snug around the thights. Slim Straight is perfect fit.
$108 for all 3 at Macys w/ that f&f coupon

Originally Posted by instant klassic

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by omgitswes

makes sense to me. their stuff fits different and the prices are different for pretty much the same things, and plus i just don't like the store its too dark in there.
50 bucks
19101_01_900_x.jpg

0153_8913_100.jpg
0008408406905_215X215.jpg

$13.99.

Walmart FTW
I don't like AE or Hollister, but clearly you can see the difference between those shirts and the Walmart one and why the Walmart one is cheaper.
Better patterns, colors, quality buttons, nicer details, and a more modern cut. The Walmart shirt has sleeves the size of wings and I'm sure if you tried tucking it in it would have a blousey effect billowing out at the waist like Aladdin's pant legs.
lol i was just joking around. i've been clowning all day for no reason, i don't know why.
laugh.gif

$10 bucks says thats NOT you in your avy..

niketalk

lol im sorry, is a pretty girl intimidating?

it's me
smile.gif
laugh.gif

nah, it was supposed to be an indirect way of asking you to post more pics.

you're pretty.
embarassed.gif
LOL thats funny! you're a gutsy one my friend
glad i could make you smile.
happy.gif

if you wanna return the favor, my PM inbox is always open so uhhh....
nerd.gif

...hey NachoBroadway, is the F&F sale still on? can't believe i didn't hear about that...
smh.gif

...hey NachoBroadway, is the F&F sale still on? can't believe i didn't hear about that...
smh.gif

There was an official thread on NT made several weeks before the initial sale.

The sale ended already.

Today and tomorrow are the 'one day sale', with today being preview day.

Originally Posted by sStutter

HELP NEEDED.

So my friend from HS wants me to go to prom with her this year. I was thinking of wearing of wearing a tux + vest + bow tie to be a little different since everyone in Cali wears vest + normal tie. However, in all the vest + bow tie dance pictures I've seen so far, the bow tie matches the vest in color. They're all like black tux, white shirt, and blue vest/bow tie. Is it okay to not match the vest with the bow tie? I was thinking of doing black tux, black vest, white shirt, and blue striped bow tie. I know it's okay to do like all black/white + a different colored tie, but I was just wondering whether the same holds true for a bow tie. And if anyone can find a pic where the bow tie doesn't match the vest, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
pimp.gif
Keep it classy, make it all black + white. Black bowtie. But the most important thing is fit, if your tux fits like a glove, that alone will make you look exponentially better than the rest of the guys at the prom since most high schoolers aren't that knowledgeable on the way formal clothes should fit.
I would totally go in all black and white, but for these things I guess everyone has to match their date, and mine's wearing a blue dress.
ohwell.gif
Yea, I've already tried to keep the coordinating to a minimum though by makingthe bow tie my only blue, since all out matching looks too corny. But yea, I think I should have at least a little blue.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at dudes fightin about what their favorite stores to get a shirt is....

HELP NEEDED.

So my friend from HS wants me to go to prom with her this year. I was thinking of wearing of wearing a tux + vest + bow tie to be a little different since everyone in Cali wears vest + normal tie. However, in all the vest + bow tie dance pictures I've seen so far, the bow tie matches the vest in color. They're all like black tux, white shirt, and blue vest/bow tie. Is it okay to not match the vest with the bow tie? I was thinking of doing black tux, black vest, white shirt, and blue striped bow tie. I know it's okay to do like all black/white + a different colored tie, but I was just wondering whether the same holds true for a bow tie. And if anyone can find a pic where the bow tie doesn't match the vest, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
pimp.gif
Keep it classy, make it all black + white. Black bowtie. But the most important thing is fit, if your tux fits like a glove, that alone will make you look exponentially better than the rest of the guys at the prom since most high schoolers aren't that knowledgeable on the way formal clothes should fit.
I would totally go in all black and white, but for these things I guess everyone has to match their date, and mine's wearing a blue dress.
ohwell.gif
Yea, I've already tried to keep the coordinating to a minimum though by making the bow tie my only blue, since all out matching looks too corny. But yea, I think I should have at least a little blue.
I dunno...matching is cool but I think the traditional Black/White tux always looks great, no matter the occasion. Especially at a high-schoolprom where so many guys WILL be trying to match their girls' dress, no matter how odd the coloring...

LOL you need to go to hollister! don't let the name brand scare you, its not like people are gonna be pulling at the back of your neck to see where its from...you have to learn to mix and match different kinds of pieces to get a good look!

so yeah..try hollister, american eagle, abercrombie...don't be such a typical "too cool" guy and do it!
$10 bucks says thats NOT you in your avy..

niketalk

lol im sorry, is a pretty girl intimidating?

it's me
smile.gif
laugh.gif

nah, it was supposed to be an indirect way of asking you to post more pics.

you're pretty.
embarassed.gif

Too bad I already have her.

im looking for some pants that fit a lil lose on the waist and thights but a normal on the legs

aka no nut huggers but no baggy stuff havent found none that i didnt have to take to get tailored

thanks for any help

HELP NEEDED.

pimp.gif
ohwell.gif
Yea, I've already tried to keep the coordinating to a minimum though by making the bow tie my only blue, since all out matching looks too corny. But yea, I think I should have at least a little blue.

You could get away with a blue pocket square, but do not go for a blue bowtie. Looks too tacky.

Originally Posted by CasperJr

im looking for some pants that fit a lil lose on the waist and thights but a normal on the legs

aka no nut huggers but no baggy stuff havent found none that i didnt have to take to get tailored

thanks for any help

I would suggest the Levis 520 Slouch Skinny (these have been discontinued at levis, try online). They fit like it explains. Slouch (or moderate room in thewaist/thigh) up top and more skinny below the thigh area. Also the Levis 539 Vintage Straight fit. These will be a little less baggy in the waist and thigharea than the 520, but a little more loose below the thigh. Try the eco denim or organic cotton ones. They are comfortable. Getting a good fit also dependson the body type you have.

I HIGHLY reccomend reading the fit description on jeans and trying them on before you leave the store. Dont be afraid to ask for help. Most people shouldknow what they are talking about. Fit descriptions will usually tell you three things:

1. The rise (Where the pants sit on your waist. Traditional hi rise, or the newer lo rise style)
2. The thigh fit (Whether they will be loose or tight in the thigh area)
3. The lower leg/ankle fit (Whether the jean is a boot cut, regular cut, or tapered and tight around the ankle)

So if you know you need jeans that have room in the thighs, dont go and buy lo rise boot cut because they are on sale for $9.99 and they have your size. Wehave all made this mistake before.

Back
Top Bottom