Dressing better

I hate these.
Originally Posted by manamazing55

I think im gonna bite the bullet and buy these as my "black" casual shoes....I wear a size 9 in everything, should I get the same for these?

_6013891.jpg

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

I'm super tempted to cop these right now... Any of yall own this exact color?
nerd.gif

I've wanted to get the grey DB's for a while now, I just can't find the one with the black midsole.
greysuede1-300x200.jpg

If you find these, please post info.

Ok I have a few questions, I will be going to a tailor to taper my jeans.

They're actually tapered fit but I would like them to be a bit more slim near the bottom.

Now when they taper do they just do the leg opening or is it leg also?

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Ok I have a few questions, I will be going to a tailor to taper my jeans.

They're actually tapered fit but I would like them to be a bit more slim near the bottom.

Now when they taper do they just do the leg opening or is it leg also?

They tend to do a smooth transition so it would depend how much tapering will be done.
Usually they just start from the knee or calf area and slowly taper from there until they reach the ideal leg opening.

oh ok thanks a lot RFX45

Would you think going to 8" to 7' will look awkward, or I should be fine?

Originally Posted by eeibaby

oh ok thanks a lot RFX45

Would you think going to 8" to 7' will look awkward, or I should be fine?

It will make a big difference but I think it'll be fine.
It'll be like going from 514's to 511's. IIRC, 514's has an 8" leg opening while the 511's has 7", based on the same size of course.

Black Blazer: You dont have to abide by a fascist sense of rules to know that a black blazer is not versatile. seriously, list the number of colored pants you can wear with a black blazer. Look back at all the pictures you have posted ... and you will realize it is really ONE look. However, you seem hell bent on believing a black blazer is versatile, so lets live it at that. You do need to own one ... no doubt ... but not as a stable blazer.  

Black button down: Maybe when you are in your 20s, you will think it is great. I wont fault you ... because i did the black dress shirt with buttons opened, blue jeans fit quite a bit in my early 20s in college/right out of college. I thought it was great ... Now i look back at it and think it was/is bland ... and did nothing to exemplify the style i sort after. Again, style is subjective, and so you may think it is fine ... but in time, i strongly believe you will be asking yourself %** was i doing rocking a black dress shirt to the club?!

Its petty to take a shot at RFX's style if you do not agree with his opinion or his suggestions. Just re-butt his opinion with yours and let the chips fall where they may. Or spend some more time on the thread advising people and posting deals like he does.

Hmmm, so I can't wear a nice black slim button up to the club? With some charcoal pants? I have worn this before and *$++ was fly
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
. Are you guys talking about another get up? Or just black shirts in general?

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Hmmm, so I can't wear a nice black slim button up to the club? With some charcoal pants? I have worn this before and !%#% was fly
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
. Are you guys talking about another it get up? Or just black shirts in general?

how much better would you look in a crisp white shirt, charcoal pants and a blazer. how does a black shirt make it better? and you can wear that same white shirt with 20+ other fits. the argument is that a black shirt is limiting ... not versatile ... and probably more restricted to occassions like funerals etc. It can be done, but in the big scope of your wardrobe it will lack versatility.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Hmmm, so I can't wear a nice black slim button up to the club? With some charcoal pants? I have worn this before and !%#% was fly
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
. Are you guys talking about another it get up? Or just black shirts in general?

how much better would you look in a crisp white shirt, charcoal pants and a blazer. how does a black shirt make it better? and you can wear that same white shirt with 20+ other fits. the argument is that a black shirt is limiting ... not versatile ... and probably more restricted to occassions like funerals etc. It can be done, but in the big scope of your wardrobe it will lack versatility.

Oh ok I see what you're saying. Yes, a black shirt is limiting yourself but it STILL can be done right (like you just said). But yeah, people I know in real life feel that black "goes with anything" and they just be wearing black with whatever
laugh.gif
. But then again, I bet about 95% of people on this earth don't know how to dress anyway
smh.gif
laugh.gif

oh and I wore a black tie with that fit I mentioned on that night. Not something that I normally do but it worked. Obviously it doesn't sound too good on paper but it worked well. I got a lot of positive comments about the fit. Maybe it was a combination of different things that set it off but it was nice

Originally Posted by blackdude

are there any good quality slim fitted blazers for under $300

i'd say check out Uniqlo, H&M or Banana Republic. They try to cater for the "slim" fit crowd ... so you might find something there. I however cannot vouch for their quality. For that money, i'd rather go for a J Varvatos, Paul Smith or some other higher end brand on sale ... which would give you a little more quality.

Originally Posted by Jehul

Fits worn to work:

667.png

669.png

666.png

671.png

663.png

Pretty good work fits but that tie is off the chain tho
laugh.gif
. And that shirt could fit better around the arms but besides that looking sharp

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

^
laugh.gif
Fam why are you doin Yoga poses in the restroom?

And more importantly, who is taking pics of you doing Yoga poses in the restroom
laugh.gif
LOL! It's called a self-timer, son 
laugh.gif

In regards to the "yoga-pose," the camera on the counter wasn't getting the entire tie/shirt

Back
Top Bottom