Dressing better

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

because of this thread i wasted 2000 last month in shopping
smh.gif

you're doing it wrong
Nah i just haven't shop in a long time so i was in need of some fresh clothes for work and casual.
Got me like 3, 4 expensive jeans , one pair of gucci kick, tshirts, dress shirts, socks, 2 pair of designer dress shoes, some 2 hundred dollars jacket . Before i realize it, the credit card bill came home and it was around $1800 something worth of shopping spree spend in a period of 3 weeks
smh.gif
Going to return some items back though
you're still doing it wrong. 

Originally Posted by wj4

smh.gif

you're doing it wrong
Nah i just haven't shop in a long time so i was in need of some fresh clothes for work and casual.
Got me like 3, 4 expensive jeans , one pair of gucci kick, tshirts, dress shirts, socks, 2 pair of designer dress shoes, some 2 hundred dollars jacket . Before i realize it, the credit card bill came home and it was around $1800 something worth of shopping spree spend in a period of 3 weeks
smh.gif
Yep.   Pick up this month's GQ to see what 'doing right' would be.  There's a great article on Jkissi and his blog.  He states that he takes his time shopping, from shops to eBay to thrift stores.

There's nothing wrong with dropping good money on quality stuff, but if you just got it for the name brand sake..it's not worth it.

I'd rather wear a pair of $40 Levi 511s that fit well to my physique than say $200 pair of Ed Hardy or True Religion jeans just because they're more expensive.

Edit:  I did the same thing what you did before.  I would splurge and drop large sums on clothes I found intriguing at the moment.  Then a couple of months later I just SMH at myself.  Now I'm more patience with what I buy and make sure the items are versatile. 

Also a rant at this stupid weather.  It's suppose to rain this whole week and nada.  Been driving around in a dirty car and all.
laugh.gif
While I take more pride finding clothes that look good for a reasonable price, I don't know that it's fair to tell someone he's "doing it wrong" because he decided to splurge.  If he has that kind of disposable income, he can do what he wants with his money.  $2000 on a shopping spree may seem like a lot to you but it could be relatively insignificant to him.  He may very well have bought True Religions or Ed Hardy jeans, both of which are awful to me, but it's just as easy to spend a lot on some more subtle, selvage denim.

I've seen plenty of people in this thread fawn over Gucci shoes, $8k watches, $500 boots, $30 socks, jackets/coats with a pricetag well over $200, etc.  Since he went out and bought a lot of it at once, there's something wrong with that?  Dude could very easily build off of what he just purchased and make what you consider to be better decisions from this point forward...or he can continue to spend his money how he pleases.  He said he hasn't shopped in a while and this thread motivated him.  Better that than to be inspired by some streetwear blog, IMO.

Anyone into Schmoove shoes, or have a pair?

LOVE the designs and am seriously thinking about copping a pair. This is news because I rarely spend more than $50 on shoes #poorgradstudent.

schmoove-pe07reach.jpg

schmoove-canasta-yellow-2739-2532_zoom.jpg

Originally Posted by ddot7

Originally Posted by wj4

smh.gif

you're doing it wrong
smh.gif
Yep.   Pick up this month's GQ to see what 'doing right' would be.  There's a great article on Jkissi and his blog.  He states that he takes his time shopping, from shops to eBay to thrift stores.

There's nothing wrong with dropping good money on quality stuff, but if you just got it for the name brand sake..it's not worth it.

I'd rather wear a pair of $40 Levi 511s that fit well to my physique than say $200 pair of Ed Hardy or True Religion jeans just because they're more expensive.

Edit:  I did the same thing what you did before.  I would splurge and drop large sums on clothes I found intriguing at the moment.  Then a couple of months later I just SMH at myself.  Now I'm more patience with what I buy and make sure the items are versatile. 

Also a rant at this stupid weather.  It's suppose to rain this whole week and nada.  Been driving around in a dirty car and all.
laugh.gif
While I take more pride finding clothes that look good for a reasonable price, I don't know that it's fair to tell someone he's "doing it wrong" because he decided to splurge.  If he has that kind of disposable income, he can do what he wants with his money.  $2000 on a shopping spree may seem like a lot to you but it could be relatively insignificant to him.  He may very well have bought True Religions or Ed Hardy jeans, both of which are awful to me, but it's just as easy to spend a lot on some more subtle, selvage denim.

I've seen plenty of people in this thread fawn over Gucci shoes, $8k watches, $500 boots, $30 socks, jackets/coats with a pricetag well over $200, etc.  Since he went out and bought a lot of it at once, there's something wrong with that?  Dude could very easily build off of what he just purchased and make what you consider to be better decisions from this point forward...or he can continue to spend his money how he pleases.  He said he hasn't shopped in a while and this thread motivated him.  Better that than to be inspired by some streetwear blog, IMO.
son obviously has some buyer's remorse and came in passing blame on the thread, when most of the biggest contributors to the thread preach smart shopping. He has no one to blame but himself so dont come in here saying "because of the thread" 
If anything, the thread has helped its visitors save a ton of money..Sale alerts, coupon codes, and any available hookups they can find are ALWAYS being posted. Even some of the thread's most affluent posters still jump on sales and such 

I'm not telling dude how to spend his money..but if u wanna splurge and end up regretting some of your purchases, the blame is placed solely on you. 

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

LOVE the designs and am seriously thinking about copping a pair. This is news because I rarely spend more than $50 on shoes #poorgradstudent.

schmoove-pe07reach.jpg

the black ones are alright...but wth is up with the mary jane leaves on the bottom of the browns
laugh.gif
smh.gif
sick.gif

I was just putting in my 2 cents. Since the beginning of this thread, I've easily spent $5,000 on clothes and tailoring services. I found with myself, especially when I'm on a shopping spree with the momentum going, I buy a lot of crap that I don't really like. I've posted through out the thread about crap I bought that will never see light of day because it was a splurge. Example: I bought a $300 jacket a month ago. I looked at it and tried it on last week and had no idea what I was thinking. Ending up returning it.

If the dude who spent $2k can honestly work with what he has, kudos to him. But if I were to spend $2,000 tomorrow...(unless we're talking about 3 pairs of LV shoes or something of that price tag), I'd buy some pretty useless and not so versatile stuff.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

schmoove-pe07reach.jpg

These look a lot like a pair of Ben Shermans I have. They're called the Vacation II. I'm wearing them a few pages back. Here's a link to a pic. http://www.shoes.com/Prod...s/shoes_iaec1164089.jpg. i got them off of 6PM for 20 bucks about a year ago.

Originally Posted by wj4

I was just putting in my 2 cents. Since the beginning of this thread, I've easily spent $5,000 on clothes and tailoring services. I found with myself, especially when I'm on a shopping spree with the momentum going, I buy a lot of crap that I don't really like. I've posted through out the thread about crap I bought that will never see light of day because it was a splurge. Example: I bought a $300 jacket a month ago. I looked at it and tried it on last week and had no idea what I was thinking. Ending up returning it.

If the dude who spent $2k can honestly work with what he has, kudos to him. But if I were to spend $2,000 tomorrow...(unless we're talking about 3 pairs of LV shoes or something of that price tag), I'd buy some pretty useless and not so versatile stuff.
are you serious? 5 thousand dollars on things that will never see the light of day? do you have no sense of financial management?

Peacoat/scarf combo for the colder weather nights

25004_837288210587_3620659_46903995_8088040_n.jpg

My new jacket, got it from Old Navy, cheaaappppp but great quality/feel/look, $50 bucks or so... (I'm the one on the right)

25004_835235948337_3620659_46815398_696425_n.jpg

Black suit blazer with a pink dress shirt underneath (sorry i am inept at editing photos...just left em all unedited)

25004_835237774677_3620659_46815499_8272625_n.jpg

Same night/jacket, a little bit better look at it

25004_835238603017_3620659_46815535_243054_n.jpg

ANDDD i got one more this last weekend.  One of my best purchases..excited to rock it.  Grey lightweight dress blazer/peacoat, black slim fit dress shirt and white/grey tie.  I'll get some pictures of that this weekend.  I highly recommend it if you can find something like it.

laugh.gif
u know how sometimes theres just people u c and ur like dam, i wanna puch that guy ^
ur one of those people.

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

Originally Posted by KICKINHEADZ1010

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

Alexander McQueen Pumas
pimp.gif

alexander-mcqueen-puma-2010-ss-scarred-street-1.jpg
alexander-mcqueen-puma-2010-ss-scarred-street-2.jpg
Looks nice. They were probably expensive before he died... but HOW MUCH and where?
$175.00
grin.gif

http://www.shop.puma.com/...source=marketing_mcqueen

Size down when ordering these. They are cut big. I wear a 8.5 in nikes and I had to get a 7 in these. I have the high top grey and yellow ones made by alexander mcqueen...

Sundizzle, I thought you were two totally different people from the last pic and the other pics.

That trademark smile.
eek.gif
mad.gif

Is it just me, or are slim fit items just for slim people? Sundizzle, from those pics, doesn't look like a slim guy, yet has purchased a slim fit shirt (not pictured). Did you mean to say form-fitting, or modern fit?
eyes.gif

BTW, I don't like any of those outfits. You tried though

Pretty much. I'm not concerned, nor can I really afford to be concerned with the Ed Hardy's of the world, not when Levi is RIGHT there.

My style is simple these days.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Is it just me, or are slim fit items just for slim people? Sundizzle, from those pics, doesn't look like a slim guy, yet has purchased a slim fit shirt (not pictured). Did you mean to say form-fitting, or modern fit?
eyes.gif

BTW, I don't like any of those outfits. You tried though

Sheesh ... i mean you dont like a peacoat with a scarf? A jacket with an undershirt? Those are pretty stable looks he has going on. How about you share the looks YOU like.

Back
Top Bottom