Dressing better

Originally Posted by theknowledgeableprofessor

YO!

I am wondering what NT would recommend I wear to a volunteer position interview at a hospital?

Was think just some nice shoes, dockers, and a nice shirt (lol). Am open to suggestions. Its tomorrow morning.

What you had in mind is fine...you could probably even get away with a nice polo but i would go with a long sleeve button down. Dockers are fine.

2 Brooks Bros shirts, reg $159, now 2 for $99. Today & tomm, b&m & online.

H&M 20% coupon for the week emailed, join their newsletter.

Originally Posted by ddot7

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

Nii/RFX- do y'all always get your pants tapered?

Last time I brought some pants to the tailor I asked her about tapering and she said that she didn't think it would look good. I decided not to get them tapered, but I hate have my pants engulf the shoes that I wear...
Can I answer?
How baggy/big are they now?  Did she explain why? 
Mine is able to do most jobs but I had an older shirt that I wanted taken in a lot and she explained that she'd basically have to reconstruct the shirt in order to get it to where I'd be happy with it and that it might not be worth the cost.  It went to Goodwill for someone who weighs about 40 lbs more than me.  Other than that, she's had no problems narrowing multiple pairs of pants as well but none of them were JNCO status beforehand.
JNCO status.
laugh.gif

Nah they aren't on that level at all. I had a pair of 501s and 514s hemmed and I wanted them to stay tighter/skinnier around the ankle so I asked her about it.

My work slacks are hemmed, but I feel like the opening is wider than I would like. Ideally I'd like my pants to fit/look like the dudes from the BB add from a few pages back

Originally Posted by K Town Trash

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

I never got the high cuffs trend these days.. seems a bit weird

where can i get pants and shirt like that? and how much? 

smile in your future pics. you look like a serial killer. other than that smooth pic.

niidawg3 hands down is the best dress person on NT! he needs to teach a dressing better class....

back to the point of my post, Josbanks.com has $500 suits for only $150.

Originally Posted by ddot7

Nii/RFX- do y'all always get your pants tapered?

Last time I brought some pants to the tailor I asked her about tapering and she said that she didn't think it would look good. I decided not to get them tapered, but I hate have my pants engulf the shoes that I wear...
Can I answer?
How baggy/big are they now?  Did she explain why? 
Mine is able to do most jobs but I had an older shirt that I wanted taken in a lot and she explained that she'd basically have to reconstruct the shirt in order to get it to where I'd be happy with it and that it might not be worth the cost.  It went to Goodwill for someone who weighs about 40 lbs more than me.  Other than that, she's had no problems narrowing multiple pairs of pants as well but none of them were JNCO status beforehand.
JNCO status.
laugh.gif

Nah they aren't on that level at all. I had a pair of 501s and 514s hemmed and I wanted them to stay tighter/skinnier around the ankle so I asked her about it.

My work slacks are hemmed, but I feel like the opening is wider than I would like. Ideally I'd like my pants to fit/look like the dudes from the BB add from a few pages back
I don't see how it should be a problem to any decent tailor, has she done anything for you other than just hemming pants and jeans? 

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

BR & Old Navy have Russian Roulette deals going on right now.

grin.gif

There are a couple of belts that I want to get online.  Don't want to get screwed and miss with this special.  I will just wait for a TGIW e-mail.

Probably hit up the factory store and see what's good.

Lot's of good sales going on.

I have a formal at my school. Below is the suit I'm wearing... Black label RL Navy suit... Wearing some black shoes/belt.... and WHITE shirt

Which ties should I go with?

1-

2-

3-

4-

I dont know why but I'm liking the purple one. Trying to picture it in my head and it looks pretty good to me.

Originally Posted by KICKINHEADZ1010

I have a formal at my school. Below is the suit I'm wearing... Black label RL Navy suit... Wearing some black shoes/belt.... and WHITE shirt

1-

2-

3-

4-

I would go with which ever is your school colors ..... but then again I know I can be corny sometimes
ohwell.gif
lol

Originally Posted by DiirtyVandal

Originally Posted by KICKINHEADZ1010

1-

2-

3-

4-

I would go with which ever is your school colors ..... but then again I know I can be corny sometimes
ohwell.gif
lol

I personally think the last one contrasts the best

how would i know what tie not to use
only one i know how to tie is the half windsor. what about the four in hand

Back
Top Bottom