Dressing better

Originally Posted by akuratl02

Originally Posted by DAngeloJaxson

This thread is hilarious. Dudes got on colors that don't even come in a 128 crayon box and got the nerve to be steady "correcting" other people.

roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

FYI: Banana Republic is has a 15% 25% 50% coupon available. When you go to the register they tell you to pick a card and once you open the envelope the coupon is for a percentage off your entire purchase. I pulled 25%. The guy in front of me scored a 50% off coupon. Stop buy, it runs from Sept 4-6.
eh, i'm better off using the 40% off on Thursdays deal

Thanks tho

My friends work at BR, she better hook it up 
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

I was thinking about this messenger bag, opinions?

br770595-00p01v01.jpg

Originally Posted by SEAN C0MBS

FYI: Banana Republic is has a 15% 25% 50% coupon available. When you go to the register they tell you to pick a card and once you open the envelope the coupon is for a percentage off your entire purchase. I pulled 25%. The guy in front of me scored a 50% off coupon. Stop buy, it runs from Sept 4-6.

Thanks tho

This is on your entire order, not just off of 1 full priced item like the 40%. But to each its own.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

A bit of advice is needed...

Whats the protocol on polos, should they be put on hangers? or folded?
I personally like to hang them. I wash, let air dry, then iron them, put them on hangers with the collar up.

Originally Posted by dukeben18

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by dukeben18

Comments on fit? Sorry for bad lighting.

I want to shorten the sleeves just a tiny bit but am open to other comments/criticisms
7a625dce0534367158b27947ad00daa4bdaf7d4.jpg

if you could get a shot more at mid-level, it would help a lot more. i agree on the sleeves. check with the shirts that you will typically wear with this and shorten the sleeves so you are showing about a half inch of cuff. the shoulders look soft and seem to be hugging your natural shoulder well - which is good, but its hard to tell from this angle. all in all, a pretty well fitting suit that will be a great summer/spring number. i take it its linen.

Nii--thanks for the comments. Yes, it's linen. I work in Miami and it is so hot year round so I thought I could get some real use out of linen.

I will try to take a better pic at mid-level. Now that I look at the pictures, I'm starting to think shortening the sleeves would make the sleeves too short and maybe my dress shirt just isn't long enough. It's funny, you think you know how something fits and when you see yourself in the picture, you see it an entirely different way. Kind of therapeutic?
Those sleeves are fine - a half inch of cuff is way too much - you want at most a quarter. Like you say with a shirt with the right length of sleeves that would look fine.

I got a linen jacket a couple of months ago and it's been great - very comfortable and it's very versatile too - I can wear it with dress pants and a tie or just a button down and even jeans. The new linen doesn't crease as badly as it used to - it looks good even after wearing it folding it and stuff - even out of a case it looks okay and after hanging for a while it's fine.

Originally Posted by streetballa2311

I am not sure if anyone has seen this but the quality of the Clarks desert boots you get at different retailers makes a huge difference in the price. DSW here in Atlanta has a pair for 69 whereas everywhere else they are 95. Check out the differences

http://bananarepublic.gap...39003&scid=739003002

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/c...32&productRef=SEARCH

i think they are cheaper because alot of people in atlanta dont wear clarks from what ive seen.. im about to go to SCAD for school  so im back and forth and ive never seen anyone in atlanta wear them.. but just my opinion. 

No there definitely is a difference in build and quality in the ones sold at dsw as opposed to the general ones.  The branding is different, they're lighter, softer, less sturdy, flimsy, soles are layered, they started stripping for me within a few months and you could see the rubber layers.  Rocked it to death though.

Originally Posted by SEAN C0MBS

Thanks tho
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

okay so this is my first REAL suit.  Still trying to find my style, andobviously still have A LOT to learn.  But this is my first attempt.  The one question I had was about the pants.  Is it possible for the tailor to taper the pants more?  Or is it set once they tailored them one time?

here are the shoes:

please be kind
smile.gif

I dont know if anyone else came across it but DSW shoe warehouse site has a 30% off sale goin on until I believe the 9th of September.

No restrictions to my knowledge, use code "assoc30".

Scooped some Sperry's for about $50. Sure there's a lot of other stuff on there.

I am not sure if anyone has seen this but the quality of the Clarks desert boots you get at different retailers makes a huge difference in the price. DSW here in Atlanta has a pair for 69 whereas everywhere else they are 95. Check out the differences

i think they are cheaper because alot of people in atlanta dont wear clarks from what ive seen.. im about to go to SCAD for school  so im back and forth and ive never seen anyone in atlanta wear them.. but just my opinion. 

they're 2 different boots, enit?

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

How does Zara run in terms of sizing? i`m 6'3 240 and dont know If Id need an XL or XXL in jacket

majority of their stuff fits real young, im 6'0 215 and usually wear a L but at zara i have to get a XL.

I would suggest going to their store and trying on a 2xl just to see if it would work for you.  

Originally Posted by SCOfoshO

okay so this is my first REAL suit.  Still trying to find my style, andobviously still have A LOT to learn.  But this is my first attempt.  The one question I had was about the pants.  Is it possible for the tailor to taper the pants more?  Or is it set once they tailored them one time?

here are the shoes:

please be kind
smile.gif

Yes, I suggest you do so asap.

Originally Posted by snowtroooper

what's the deal with these?  where can i find them?
clarks-desert-boots-ronnie-fieg-3-615x409.jpg

i have over 20 pairs of Clarks prob more Ive been wearing them since middle school...no boots though I'm curious to what you guys would wear with these..with a suit>:>

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

they're 2 different boots, enit?
the dsw boots are bushacres, which dont have the crepe sole which is what most people like about the desert boots but other than that they are the same shoe

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Originally Posted by snowtroooper

what's the deal with these?  where can i find them?
clarks-desert-boots-ronnie-fieg-3-615x409.jpg

i have over 20 pairs of Clarks prob more Ive been wearing them since middle school...no boots though I'm curious to what you guys would wear with these..with a suit>:>
If you get the right colour db's and they can be very versatile. I got some dark brown leather joints and they pretty much go with everything

As for wearing them with a suit... It can be done for a more casual look but you gotta have the right pieces to make it work.

I'm looking into buying myself for a lack of better term "grown man" watch but I do not know what to look for. My budget is 3K >. I was looking at Brightling and Rolex but I really don't know what to get. May anyone point me in the right direction of a good solid "grown man" watch.

Back
Top Bottom