Dressing better

Originally Posted by wuSHUMast3r

niidawg, great fits all around... what type of brown sneakers are those?
pf flyer Albin??

EDIT...casual friday and Saturday off...that's what im talkin about...
pimp.gif
  niidawg what do you do if you dont mind--?

Nice fits Nii, very consistent as usual.

And to those interested there is a 40% off 1 item at dockers.com today only.

code: SWEETDEAL

Originally Posted by illmatickal

Originally Posted by YuraS718

Looking to finally pickup my first suit. I'm becoming more involved in the company and going to have to start attending board meetings. I was looking at J.Crews Ludlow suit, any other options? Looking for a slim suit that's not going to break the bank. Not ultra slim though. Would like to keep it under $500, with my college ID i can at least get 15% off @ J.Crew. Any other ideas or labels I can look at?

indochino 
Thanks Kal.  Will def check out, just a little weary buying a first suit from them.  But I am loving their ultimate gray suit.  How was your exp with them?

where can I find the biggest selection of sperry's in NYC? I need half of their fall/winter items but I want to try them on.

Sperry's in NYC: just walk down Broadway from Union Square to Canal Street, there's over a dozen footwear stores stocked with them.

crossing the essentials off my fall/winter list:  Wool Herringbone blazer from Uniqlo, new version of the one endorsed by GQ last fall.  A surprising great fit imo, the sleeves are slim and hit a little above the wrist, the jacket conservatively ends at the knuckles, the shoulders obviously padded, and I really like the roll hiding a 3rd button.  I'll update with a better pic soon. $99
IMG_9679.JPG
tweed2.jpg
IMG_9686.JPG

I like how a fitted sweatshirt looks over a crisp white shirt, also from Uniqlo $20
IMG_9674.JPG

blazernavycrew2.jpg
jcrew-fw16-480x676.jpg

I've been looking for a decently priced grey sweatshirt that fits slim and I have yet to find one.

i'm going to a wedding at the end of November. I have a grey suit, but should that be the proper attire for me to wear? Any other solutions?

Thanks to this thread, my style is growing up.

It's been a slow and costly process, but having a wardrobe I can wear into my mid 30s and on > dressing like a teenager.

Originally Posted by got shoes

i'm going to a wedding at the end of November. I have a grey suit, but should that be the proper attire for me to wear? Any other solutions?

I really see a reason why not unless you are part of the wedding and you need to coordinate with the other peopel part of the wedding.

All my sweatshirts shrink after I wash them...actually it happens to a lot of my clothes
I need to find a better way of maintaining my clothes.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

All my sweatshirts shrink after I wash them...actually it happens to a lot of my clothes
I need to find a better way of maintaining my clothes.

Hang dry them if you can.

Wash cold (or warm) and do not put it in the dryer. I think the clothes will still shrink a bit but not by much and it should stretch back out after a wear or two.

glasses.gif
RFX45 wrote:

Originally Posted by got shoes

I really see a reason why not unless you are part of the wedding and you need to coordinate with the other peopel part of the wedding.
goodlookin, suit it is. Might need to get it tailored

Originally Posted by RFX45

Wash cold (or warm) and do not put it in the dryer. I think the clothes will still shrink a bit but not by much and it should stretch back out after a wear or two.
As always, this gent is right...cold wash on any outer clothes, and the dryer is strictly for socks and other under garments.

Back
Top Bottom