Dressing better

Hey,

If anyone is in NY and would like 50% off anything gap/br/old navy hit me up.

Its not a coupon sorry, just trying to help my NY heads out.

Originally Posted by quik1987

Originally Posted by omgitswes

I like looking through lookbook, some of the girls are cuties. but can't get with like 95% of the stuff the guys wear.

What color is this coat called though? I've been wanting a jacket in this color, I don't think it's just brown
835166_4ca778ed810fc.jpg

Camel?
i would say camel, and i see people call it tobacco also

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

Sorry for da Ninjahood sized pic:

Going to adjust the tie knot a bit--in a rush to get out.
Nice outfit.

I dig the tie, personally would've gone with a smaller tie bar.  I don't dig the shoes, but that's just me, I play with brown and black.

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

anyone know any boots like the cole haan ones posted a few pages back, but cheaper?

I went down to 5th ave to try out these banana republic boots ($160)
http://bananarepublic.gap...71164&scid=771164012

They seem really big for some reason. I usually wear a size 9 and i sized down to an 8 because they run big and they still looked pretty doofy lol.

And i also saw these in kenneth cole ($200)
http://www.kennethcole.co...=3075215.3075224.3075249

These fit nice, i was actually able to fit a size 7 fine (they run big also). I would have copped but i wasnt really feeling the lining on the toe.

Im pretty sure im just going to cough up the $250 for the cole haans. I walked in there as well and the leather on the boots felt very nice.

^ those are good enough for me but i dont know where to cop. closest lands end is too far away without a car. im not sure if i should size down with those so im hesitant to order online.

^ Did you try BR Anderson's? I have em and they're fantastic. If you're in NY too I can get you 50% off them

hey guys first thank you for this thread i have been using it for a while it helps a lot even if i dont think i am in the same range as most of you...anyway i have this family wedding coming up and im trying to figure out what to wear ...any help remarks or advices concerning combo colors fits or else would be greatly appreciated thx and sorry  for the big pics it's my first time trying this...
wji3r4.jpg
2h6auxu.jpg

Originally Posted by frenchswagg

hey guys first thank you for this thread i have been using it for a while it helps a lot even if i dont think i am in the same range as most of you...anyway i have this family wedding coming up and im trying to figure out what to wear ...any help remarks or advices concerning combo colors fits or else would be greatly appreciated thx and sorry  for the big pics it's my first time trying this...
wji3r4.jpg
2h6auxu.jpg

Nice shoes bro.

In the first pic, I feel like the color of the shirt gets washed out because of the suit color.

Just my opinion.

thx for the input Mo Matik i get what you mean on the first fit...shoes are from Izac a brand we have here in Paris dont know if you do in the US

jimmybeanz no pb man glad i could help a little

thx for the input Mo Matik i get what you mean on the first fit...shoes are from Izac a brand we have here in Paris dont know if you do in the US

jimmybeanz no pb man glad i could help a little

Originally Posted by frenchswagg

wji3r4.jpg
2h6auxu.jpg
i like the first one because the color palette is more interesting (i am assuming its a blue shirt, with a chocolate brown tie) ... and it fits better. the second one would be nicer if you went with a different tie, and fixed the shoulders. the shoulders on the navy suit is too small and too heavily padded. on the gray suit, there are some issues with the sleeve (the diagonal lines you see on there) but overall it presents itself better than the navy. 

a couple other things to note - dont button your lower button on a 2 button suit ... and practice with your tie knot to get a dimple. there are a few videos on youtube that can help you tie it better.

good luck.

I'm gonna repeat a lot of what nildawg said

1. The fact that you buttoned the wrong button on the grey suit really bothers me

2. Learn how to tie your ties better, so its more semetrical with a dimple

3. I don't like the shirt you have on with the grey suit. Try the white shirt and maybe even the tie from the second outfit.

other than that, pretty nice.

thx Nii and Quick just for the info i didn't button the lower buton on purpose i realised it only after taking the picture and yeah it does bother me too lol

as for the shoulders on the navy suit i'll definitely fix it up i just wasn't sure if i should or not and what color of shirt and tie would you recomend to go along with it ?

first fit seems more alive. perhaps switch up the shirt and tie to. white or light blue solid and crips shirt. and have at it w the same tie

whats a good button up shirt color and tie color to wear under a a v neck sweater

its pima cotton, polo, blue and logo is navy, thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom