Dressing better

Originally Posted by AC4Three

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

I like this look a lot.

5167949382_2dfa6d7877_b.jpg

I agree, although I'm not crazy about the sunglasses...
Yeah, the sunglasses are the only thing I don't like. I love a gingham check shirt - I have about 6 blue ones at the moment. All subtly different but they're very versatile.

Originally Posted by damn its me

the construction on those yuketen looks great however i really think the whole look is OD  too much going on; dock boots wingtip golfshoe war boot.  am i the only one that thinks so?

also, rfx
laugh.gif
@ the 3rd person troll getting to you!  those clarks definitely didnt have "distressed soles"

scored some awesome stuff at an estate sale, some of it is already sold, most will be worn...picked up a few pairs of aldens and 2 pairs of beautiful edward green dress shoes...less than half the pairs fit me, but the price was fantastic!

those mcnairy's are awesome, glad they got some press in november gq
smokin.gif
Generaiya thinks the only thing that's
laugh.gif
is your Mr. Monopoly mustache

30846-yacht-names-monopoly-guy.gif

But Generaiya is just
mad.gif
because Generaiya is Asian and can't grow any facial hair. Generaiya shaves once a month. Generaiya envies Ichiro Suzuki.

^^^^ Are those boots/shoes made for short people or something ???  Lookin like canoes sittin on clay .. that $%$% is disgusting. 

I know that you guys love fashion and all these names but when did High-Heel Eastlands become popular and for $500.00 no less? 
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Are j crew shoes a safe purchase? Never purchased footwear by them.

Looking into some leather wingtips by them.

Originally Posted by akuratl02

^^^^ Are those boots/shoes made for short people or something ???  Lookin like canoes sittin on clay .. that $%$% is disgusting. 

I know that you guys love fashion and all these names but when did High-Heel Eastlands become popular and for $500.00 no less? 
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

High heel Eastland type boots?
Boots have always had that thick sole.

Timberlands, Red Wings, etc.

Those Yukuten boots are amazing, wanted them in the gray color but $500 is way outta my budget. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kdawg

Originally Posted by AC4Three

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

I like this look a lot.

5167949382_2dfa6d7877_b.jpg

I agree, although I'm not crazy about the sunglasses...
Yeah, the sunglasses are the only thing I don't like. I love a gingham check shirt - I have about 6 blue ones at the moment. All subtly different but they're very versatile.
nice fit, but imo i think the sleeves could be just a tad  longer

They put D. Wade in some nice outfits. I've never really been a fan of double breasted cardigans, but it still looks nice though

^ yeah, I think you're right. I'm not a fan of that 'I'm wearing my kids clothes' look. He needs a longer sleeve - the length of the jacket actually looks okay though.

Whats wrong with that guys right arm? Probably just the pic and angle but damn the right arm looks extra long and deformed. Like you don't know where the forearm ends and the wrist begins. Length looks ok on the left arm though but I think if the sleeves are going to be shorter like that, the overall length has to be shorter as well.

Originally Posted by sensation87

Any suggestions for boots similar to Yuketen Maine Guide Boots that doesn't cost $500+?
yuketen-maine-guide-boots.jpg
These don't look EXACTLY like that but they're pretty close..They're called Timberland Abington Guide Boots...I own a pair and the quality is excellent and they are warm yet light weight at the same time..I suggest you look into them if you want a boot in this style.
Not to mention they're only 180
pimp.gif

timberland-abington-fall-2009-2.jpg

Originally Posted by Wilroc

Generaiya does not recommend any J.Crew shoes besides their Mcallister boots. The leather on their shoes feel cheap and stiff, even after they are worn-in. Generaiya would endorse the third-party brands that J.Crew carry on their site though.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Wade in Esquire.
bkitg.jpg

These pics were obviously taken in Miami (notice the kids in shorts) so I would have loved to see D.Wade in Miami appropriate ensembles and not some forced photo shoot.

Originally Posted by donjuan513

Wade in Esquire.
bkitg.jpg

These pics were obviously taken in Miami (notice the kids in shorts) so I would have loved to see D.Wade in Miami appropriate ensembles and not some forced photo shoot.
That alone takes away from the photo.

roll.gif
who allowed this?

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by donjuan513

Wade in Esquire.
bkitg.jpg

roll.gif
who allowed this?

Great eyes TY n/h, never even thought of that. You made me change my mind on the photoshoot lol. But the pieces are still nice though

Whats wrong with that guys right arm? Probably just the pic and angle but damn the right arm looks extra long and deformed. Like you don't know where the forearm ends and the wrist begins. Length looks ok on the left arm though but I think if the sleeves are going to be shorter like that, the overall length has to be shorter as well.
It's because his shirt sleeve is too short and the jacket sleeve is WAY too short.  You're seeing from well above his wrist.  The left arm doesn't look so bad because his hand is hidden plus he has a watch and bracelet to break up all that additional visible wrist.  The fit and look would be great if his sleeves were even near proper.

^^^ I actually think the length is too long considering how short the sleeves are.
OptimusPrimeAPhiA wrote:
donjuan513 wrote:
RFX45 wrote:
Wade in Esquire.
bkitg.jpg

roll.gif
 who allowed this? 

Lebron 
laugh.gif

j/k

^^^ I actually think the length is too long considering how short the sleeves are.
The length of the jacket?  I think it's perfectly fine.  In comparison to the sleeve length?  Well, maybe it's not proportionate but the sleeves shouldn't be anywhere near that short in the first place.

Maybe NiiDawg can weigh in but IMO but if the jacket sleeves were 2" longer (guess), the overall fit of it would be good.

Just from the look on the pic, the jacket looks like it will cover his whole butt, it shouldn't be that long.

I don't know I'm not feeling any of the D.Wade fits other than the navy blue cardigan. Fit/length of the other pieces doesn't look ideal IMO.

Originally Posted by generaiya

Originally Posted by Wilroc

Generaiya does not recommend any J.Crew shoes besides their Mcallister boots. The leather on their shoes feel cheap and stiff, even after they are worn-in. Generaiya would endorse the third-party brands that J.Crew carry on their site though.
i have a couple of pairs of j crew bucks and they seem fine to me

Where can I find affordable THICK sweaters? I can use my sister's Abercrombie disc. but it's still damn expensive for their thick sweaters
frown.gif

I don't care about the brand but I do care about the material.

If the A&F sweater is still not affordable enough even after an employee discount, then your choices will be very limited especially if you want good quality material. You try H&M but after a wash, it might shrink be itchy as hell. Sweater is like one of those article of clothing that you may not want go too cheap on, kind of like leather jackets or leather shoes. I am not saying spend a bunch but spend a reasonable amount. I checked out A&F and their one heavy sweater retailed for $170, with a good discount it would cost about $100? I find that price more than reasonable for a sweater, not for an A&F sweater but for a heavy sweater, i'd put my budget on around $200-$250 because you tend to only need one of those and it can last a while if taken care of. That is just me though, I haven't ran to many heavy sweater that felt good and made well that cost less than $100-$150.

I'm trying to change the way I dress (jeans screen print shirts) I want a more casual proffesional look...can you guys help me out...I'm pressed for cash so I'm good with low end brand recommendations

Back
Top Bottom