Driving Under the Influence

F!!! You and all other drunk drivers. Imagine losing your seed or mother cause you want to drink and be irresponsible.

thytkerjobs wrote:
Originally Posted by AntBanks81

thytkerjobs wrote:
AntBanks81 wrote:
kdawg wrote:
AntBanks81 wrote:
IMO, if there is no damage, the fines should be reduced. That damn DUI can tear your wold up. I got a DUI because I mistimed a light changing by 1-2 seconds. I wasn't swerving, didn't hit anyone and wasn't speeding. I approached a red light that was about to change and moved too quickly. Stupid *!%#+ saw me and got me.

B/c of that !@$* in 2004, that damn charge is showing up now, which makes it very difficult to find a job. I was a !*!%%%# college student wasted like how college students get wasted. I was literally 3 minutes away from my apt. I didn't hurt anyone but myself. These cops and prosecutors try to throw the book at you as though they have no fault.

The system is already like that - if you just get a DUI then you get the standard fine. If you kill someone you get a much harsher sentence.

You were lucky you didn't do any more damage - but you still deserve what you got. You mistimed a light because you were impaired - just be thankful it wasn't a kid crossing the road that you mistimed.

Man I don't deserve to have that !@*% on my record now. This occurred at 3 am in an industrial area. There was no one out. If anything, I mistimed the light being impatient and wanting to get off the road. I am blessed that I didn't do any harm to anyone, but the fine and permanent charge are too much for a single mistake.

If you want to fine me OK. But don't fine me a #+%+++#$ of money and then mark my record with those letters that might as well spell death.

except the cop who stopped you, right? you're lucky. you just got "letters that might as well spell death" ... no one actually died. stop complaining... go whine to a family who lost a loved one to this *&%^ and see if they wouldn't like to trade circumstances with you.

You do know I meant no pedestrians right? You try getting a job and have some $**$ that happened when you were in college constantly block you and then tell me to stop complaining...I'm sure you are an angel that has not been caught for doing any wrong huh?

I feel bad for any family that has lost a loved one b/c of this $**$...that's why I keep my drinking in house. Trading circumstances isn't an option, but giving someone a second chance is.

not if you're 6 feet under.
and btw, not only pedestrians are victims of drunk driving.

You're right but it was you that said I was lucky there wasn't a kid present.

To any of you that may have taken my statements wrong, I don't think it's cool to take this mess lightly. People die from this and that is why I havetried my very best to not be a part of the problem.That goes fro drunk driving and any other crime.

The issue that I have is with putting a scarlet letter on someone that prevents them from moving on. As I said, there were no lives lost, no properties damagedand no harm to anyone in my case. I was a stupid college kid making a stupid mistake. These things should not follow me or anyone else that has been fortunateenough to avoid death and/or damages.

I think some of you are quick to stereotype others based on something from our past.

Originally Posted by jthagreat

F!!! You and all other drunk drivers. Imagine losing your seed or mother cause you want to drink and be irresponsible.

Who was this directed towards?

i think it should stay with you forever. you've clearly shown an inability to act responsibly. i don't care if you were 21, in college or whatever.

once you've shown you have complete disregard for human life, you should have to pay for that until you die. you should never legally be allowed to operatea vehicle again.

ride the bus, or do what you should've done when you were drunk, and get someone to drive you wherever you have to go.

so no one was hurt and no property was damaged, well aren't you lucky?
i want to make sure you NEVER have a chance to ever get lucky again...because next time, you may not be so lucky.

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

Emmanuel Goldstein...

You said "men drive better than women"...and then you go on to say men cause more deaths.

How can those two things possibly go together??

Fender benders cannot compare to fatal accidents in terms of BETTER, SAFER driving. Period.
why cant they? youre simply letting the horrendous cloud your mind ... the same reason why the news is 90% negative ... the worse thing alwaysovershadows everything else ...

AntBanks81 wrote:
thytkerjobs wrote:
not if you're 6 feet under.
and btw, not only pedestrians are victims of drunk driving.

You're right but it was you that said I was lucky there wasn't a kid present.

To any of you that may have taken my statements wrong, I don't think it's cool to take this mess lightly. People die from this and that is why I have tried my very best to not be a part of the problem.That goes fro drunk driving and any other crime.

The issue that I have is with putting a scarlet letter on someone that prevents them from moving on. As I said, there were no lives lost, no properties damaged and no harm to anyone in my case. I was a stupid college kid making a stupid mistake. These things should not follow me or anyone else that has been fortunate enough to avoid death and/or damages.

I think some of you are quick to stereotype others based on something from our past.

No, I actually wasn't the one who said that.
They absolutely should follow you. That's like saying someone who opens fire on a room full of people but happens not tohit anyone shouldn't have permanent repercussions. It looks to me like you learned your lesson because of your punishment, so all in all...the punishmentworked and you should be thankful for it. Perhaps if you didn't get caught that day, you would have continued doing the same thing until you learned aneven harder lesson with even more devastating consequences.

Originally Posted by osubass1

i think it should stay with you forever. you've clearly shown an inability to act responsibly. i don't care if you were 21, in college or whatever.

once you've shown you have complete disregard for human life, you should have to pay for that until you die. you should never legally be allowed to operate a vehicle again.

ride the bus, or do what you should've done when you were drunk, and get someone to drive you wherever you have to go.

i want to make sure you NEVER have a chance to ever get lucky again...because next time, you may not be so lucky.
One act of irresponsibility is not cause to put up roadblocks in a person's life OSU. Excuse me if you are a perfect angel and allas you mustbe. Youngsters make mistakes. Those mistakes should not cost them a future. I disagree with you 100%.

I bolded your statement that should be removed. Who are you to say because I made a mistake years ago that I shouldn't be allowed to drive? I don'tknow you from Adam, but I know you have screwed up at some point of your life regardless of how high and mighty you attempt to come off as. I'm sure yourselfishness or greed or immaturity at some point threatened the health and safety of others.

I just thank God you were not the judge because you don't just condemn folks because of a harmless mistake. And that's all that it was.

i drive
pimp.gif
all the time.

but when it comes to drinking . .
smh.gif
, i hate it . . but i have to admit i have done it a few times.

I never drove drunk, I'm usually the DD. I've had friends lose licenses and two of friends I play ball with rolled their cars and not get seriouslyhurt.

I drive buzzed.. We always drink on our way to the clubs. Its stupid I know.... but whatever... If I know Im waaay too drunk I dont drive.

AntBanks81 wrote:
osubass1 wrote:

once you've shown you have complete disregard for human life, you should have to pay for that until you die. you should never legally be allowed to operate a vehicle again.

One act of irresponsibility is not cause to put up roadblocks in a person's life OSU. Excuse me if you are a perfect angel and allas you must be. Youngsters make mistakes. Those mistakes should not cost them a future. I disagree with you 100%.

I bolded your statement that should be removed. Who are you to say because I made a mistake years ago that I shouldn't be allowed to drive? I don't know you from Adam, but I know you have screwed up at some point of your life regardless of how high and mighty you attempt to come off as. I'm sure your selfishness or greed or immaturity at some point threatened the health and safety of others.

I just thank God you were not the judge because you don't just condemn folks because of a harmless mistake. And that's all that it was.

-
laugh.gif
@ the old "excuse me if you're a perfect angel" angleyou keep reverting back to. regardless how perfect or imperfect someone else is this is the consequences of YOUR actions take it like an adult. there are nospecial privileges, no special circumstances, you got caught and this is the end result.

....psst, a little tip. that
mad.gif
feeling inside you over the way you'rebeing treated?.........thats part of the punishment.
wink.gif
i bet you wont doit again.

- you remind me of those new buzzed driving commercials. like you're supposed to goto court and after the judge reads you your punishment, fines etc. youblurt out how harmless it was and he says "oh, well, in that case...."
roll.gif
. c'mon man,
ohwell.gif

why do dudes post outrageous statements like that?

it does stay with you for your whole life- it's called a criminal record.

the penalties are steep enough, and if you actually DO hurt or kill someone, you face charges that hold even more serious consequences.

...and I'm saying the punishment doesn't match the crime. How can you say that a person is punished and should move on and when they are not really notallowed to move on? These type of offenses should be sealed after you meet the requirements (ie fines, probation, jail time). They shouldn't hang over yourhead for the rest of your life. The conscience is enough for most of us, we don't need a bunch of hecklers constantly reminding us of one indiscretion.

As a man, I owned up to my fault, hired an attorney and learned from my experience. No one from my work experiences or interactions with others has eversuspected what happened years ago. That's because my present actions that they see show who I am. You're a self righteous fool if you believe thatI'm not entitled to a future because of one action. Plenty of folks do a lot of good in their lives for others and that doesn't bar them from gettinginto trouble.

I hope those of you that are so full of yourself on a high horse stay away from politics and positions of authority. You're clearly showing no forgivenessfor someone's past. You belong in an occupation that does not allow you to judge others.

AntBanks81 wrote:
...and I'm saying the punishment doesn't match the crime. How can you say that a person is punished and should move on and when they are not really not allowed to move on? These type of offenses should be sealed after you meet the requirements (ie fines, probation, jail time). They shouldn't hang over your head for the rest of your life. The conscience is enough for most of us, we don't need a bunch of hecklers constantly reminding us of one indiscretion.

As a man, I owned up to my fault, hired an attorney and learned from my experience. No one from my work experiences or interactions with others has ever suspected what happened years ago. That's because my present actions that they see show who I am. You're a self righteous fool if you believe that I'm not entitled to a future because of one action. Plenty of folks do a lot of good in their lives for others and that doesn't bar them from getting into trouble.

I hope those of you that are so full of yourself on a high horse stay away from politics and positions of authority. You're clearly showing no forgiveness for someone's past. You belong in an occupation that does not allow you to judge others.
you honestly sound like a bitter little kid.
clearly, the people in those high positions now have the same stance since you got the punishment you deserved.
you broke the LAW, you risked lives...others and your own...get over it. the punishment absolutely fits the crime. you really thought by breaking the law andendangering lives you were gonna get a slap on the wrist??

it irks me to read your "i deserve a future i don't need a constant reminder of my 1 little mistake back in college" nonsense. what about thepeople who are dead because of irresponsible people like you?? don't you think they deserved a future?? you didn't let that thought run through yourhead when u got behind the wheel drunk, did u?? that's nobody's fault but your own..and now u pay the consequences. tough. life's unfair, bla blabla...get over it.

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

so youre against abortion thygyadgdteker?>

don't try and take this in a whole new direction. it's not necessary. plus, we've already seen your great debating skills.

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

...and I'm saying the punishment doesn't match the crime. How can you say that a person is punished and should move on and when they are not really not allowed to move on? These type of offenses should be sealed after you meet the requirements (ie fines, probation, jail time). They shouldn't hang over your head for the rest of your life. The conscience is enough for most of us, we don't need a bunch of hecklers constantly reminding us of one indiscretion.

As a man, I owned up to my fault, hired an attorney and learned from my experience. No one from my work experiences or interactions with others has ever suspected what happened years ago. That's because my present actions that they see show who I am. You're a self righteous fool if you believe that I'm not entitled to a future because of one action. Plenty of folks do a lot of good in their lives for others and that doesn't bar them from getting into trouble.

I hope those of you that are so full of yourself on a high horse stay away from politics and positions of authority. You're clearly showing no forgiveness for someone's past. You belong in an occupation that does not allow you to judge others.
dude i dunno if this was directed at me .....but read my post again, i was 100% agreeing with you.

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

i knew youd deflect lol ... damn hypocrite

do you know the definition of a hypocrite??
me choosing to ignore your pointless question is not hypocritical to anything I've said in this thread.

AntBanks81 wrote:

- thats just it though. no one......................NO ONE in this thread has said what you are not entitled to.the law didnt even say that, its employers that you're mad at. with them you could have an argument/case, depends on the industry among otherthings.
- the only point people are trying to make in your case is that you drove drunk, you get what you had coming to you......without the pityparty. what makes it worse was you knew the consequences before you done it but still think you shouldnt get what was coming to you. youkeep trying to spin that into something else.....

- i bet you have relatives egging you on to think you are the victim
roll.gif

i really hate it and blame everyone in the car completely. if you get in a car with a drunk driver you are an idiot and deserve any potential danger that comeswith it.
i will get in a car with someone if i monitor their drinking and i'm trying to get home best believe i am the worst back seat shotgun driver ever. ##+%# atthem about going anything close to over the speed limit when drunk etc etc.

if anything happened to me i have no one to blame but myself for getting in the car withs omeone even if they are just slightly intoxicated. i tend not to putmyself in these situations often tho.

Originally Posted by YoUNg bR3aD

I have a friend who has to go to court tomorrow for his 3rd DWI (not learning from your mistakes FTL) but he could end up doing some time.

I have been in the car with him on may occasions while we were drunk leaving the club, bars, ect... Always made it home safe. Even on the night he caught 1 of the DWI's he had just dropped me off.

I've drove drunk quite a few times. Never got caught by the police though.

So my question is how do you feel about driving while drunk??? Do you do it? Have you been in the car with people who have???

madd stupid, no remorse for whatever comes to repeated drunk drivers...

+!%% is cute until people get murdered.

my lil sister was hit and kiled a @%%@*%* drunk driver when she was 5.....(even thought this was back in like the 1940s)

!%!%*+ my pops up big time....he wasnt VERY involved in any of his other kids' lives until me (said i looked like her, she was his first born, i was hislast born)

my dude kalonji was on a full ride at stanford, got hit head on by a drunk driver and spent the next year in a body cas and year after that rehabing

my dude julian, thank god, walked away, but had his brand new g35 totaled by a @%%@*%* moron drunk driver.

that +!%% isn't cool at all.

now, high?

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

Ive driven home very drunk about 3 times total.
It was at 3 in the morning where i see maybe 2 cars at most. And everytime it was about a 5minute drive.
And if im like that im the last person to get careless. Il be like ok theres a stop sign slow down. red light stop. Car coming wait for it to pass. Turning up here turn blinker on.
Like thats what goes through my head everytime im very cautious.

Well then in that case, drunk driving is safe. Kudos to you for being a Safe Drunk Driver.

indifferent.gif

Im not saying i approve of it, i try to avoid it. Ive been drunk many many times. ive only driven home like that 3 times.
If it does happen though im not careless, i concentrate on not being careless. When i get to the speed limit i put it on cruise so ik im not speeding. Then ipay attention to all the details. Im not gonna be that guy saying awww im a good drunk driver so i do it all the time. But when i am driving that way i trynoticing everything important when driving.
Im not a bad drunk to begin with, if i needed to hold a conversation drunk i could do it without someone even knowing i aint sober.

Back
Top Bottom