Drunk drivers

In October of 2014 I made a FB post about someone who was driving drunk.

"Hello mr green 90s chevy trail blazer liscence plate 7ab6978 (maryland)
Its 7pm on a monday evening. Its a beautiful evening, but why are you drunk, swerving in and out of lanes on the 795 endangering the lives of parents, coming home from a rough day of work, children in the back seat telling their parents what they've learned in school today. Was is so hard to just buy a pack of beer and enjoy it at home so you wouldnt have to drive drunk, over the speed limit possibly ending the life of innocent people?"

Early this morning, my worst fears became reality,
It was around 1:30am and im heading northbound on the 83 by Timonium. A white volkswagen jetta or passat side swiped an suv. The suv slammed into the guard rail and flipped about 6 times. I slowed down, pulled over and ran across the freeway.
Ive seen a bunch of videos where people whip out their cellphones to record incidents, but they do nothing to help. They just watch. Before I ran out my car I did grab my cell. I felt compelled to record the incident, but I wasnt going to stand there and watch. I felt I needed to document it just incase something happens to me. If something did happen to me, at least there is some type of documentation of what happened right before.

So I ran up to the suv and began recording while trying to help the person(s) out the car. The suv was on its side so only the driver side was accessible. I tried to pull open the driver door but it was jammed. Then I tried the back doors. It opened, but thats when I found out there was a little girl in the car. By then 2 other guys came. But they just stood there. One guy said "we gotta go". insinuating the car might blow up. It did cross my mind that it could happen, but the tone of his voice was of a pu**y, a straight b&*ch. He just wanted to make sure he was out of harms way. He just stood there and did nothing. And the other guy stood there doing nothing. I stopped for a second to think, then I realized the hatch could probably open. I told the guy to open it and it opened. The little girl crawled from the back seat out through the hatch and then the mom followed, then I got them away from the car just incase it caught fire or something.

The guy in the VW came over and I asked if he was ok. Then I realized he was pissed drunk. He kept asking the same questions over and over. He was completely out of it. I was so ******* pissed at this dude. Drunk, on a Sunday. Easter Sunday. I checked up on the mother and daughter briefly as they sat in the grass. Shined my phones flash light on them and didnt see any major injuries besides a bloody lip on the mother. I must say, the mother did a great job of keeping calm and making sure her daughter was safe.

I saw flashing lights in the distance soon after so I decided it was time for me to go.
I hope this guy rots in hell. And I hope the mother and daughter is ok. Who ever they are.

U a real hero , fam

I drank and drive for only about 2 years out of my life. Luckily I never got into an accident or got pulled over.
I never got ****faced drunk and got behind a wheel though. I never got drunk to the point where Im swerving out of lanes. I was always more cautious so I don't get pulled over. But even that is risky as hell.

I stopped that **** immediately one day. I'm too old to be making bad decisions. With the convenience of all of these ride shares (Uber/Lyft/ etc) there's no reason for anyone to be driving drunk.
I have way too much to lose...a clean driving record, a job, money. I'm not trying to go to jail. If my parents going out I got a DUI they'd never look at me the same. I couldn't live with that. So I just stopped and it was one of the best and smartest decisions I made in my life. I don't care if I'm just going to a mimosa brunch. If I know I'm gonna be drinking, I'll have my cab on deck. A $30 round trip is better than a family that hates you, a $3000 lawyer fee, a DUI on your record, a $10,000 fine, a possible accident and injury, and skyrocketed insurance rates. Make the right decision kids

Nowadays I'll only drive with liquor in my system if its like 1 beer or a drink with my meal at a restaurant or something

Last edited:
U a real hero , fam

I drank and drive for only about 2 years out of my life. Luckily I never got into an accident or got pulled over.
I never got ****faced drunk and got behind a wheel though. I never got drunk to the point where Im swerving out of lanes. I was always more cautious so I don't get pulled over. But even that is risky as hell.

I stopped that **** immediately one day. I'm too old to be making bad decisions. With the convenience of all of these ride shares (Uber/Lyft/ etc) there's no reason for anyone to be driving drunk.
I have way too much to lose...a clean driving record, a job, money. I'm not trying to go to jail. If my parents going out I got a DUI they'd never look at me the same. I couldn't live with that. So I just stopped and it was one of the best and smartest decisions I made in my life. I don't care if I'm just going to a mimosa brunch. If I know I'm gonna be drinking, I'll have my cab on deck. A $30 round trip is better than a family that hates you, a $3000 lawyer fee, a DUI on your record, a $10,000 fine, a possible accident and injury, and skyrocketed insurance rates. Make the right decision kids

Nowadays I'll only drive with liquor in my system if its like 1 beer or a drink with my meal at a restaurant or something
Same here man. I used to go out drink, and not remember parts of me driving home. I dont think I swerve in and out of lanes, but I do get cocky with the gas pedal. My issue was not drinking alot when I went out but I would start drinking 3 hrs before I went out. So even though I probably had 1 or 2 drinks at the club id be done by the time it was over. I had to change my ways. My life, others lives are not worth a night of partying

i wont drive after having 2 beers or unless its been 4+ hours and i limit it to 1 drink an hour

too much on the line to get a dui, know someone who had stellar grades and couldnt get into med school bc of the background check. the dean straight up told her we will never accept a person with a dui

I don't want to sound like it's just America...

However, people in general have a drinking problem.

Watching a game... need a drink

Get home from work... need a drink

Kids party... need a drink

Watching a movie... need a drink

...oh btw... don't drive... :lol:

This.... This is why the trees is all I need.

S/O OP for what he did, possibly saved their lives
nthat.gif

S/O OP for what he did, possibly saved their lives :nthat:

Drugs are no better

Weed is better than alcohol.

Not once in my life has someone high on weed wanted to fight me.

Alcohol on the other hand..

Btw I don't even smoke weed, never have and never will. It just seems backwards to me because alcohol causes WAY more problems than weed.

S/O OP for what he did, possibly saved their lives
nthat.gif
Drugs are no better

Btw I don't even smoke weed, never have and never will. It just seems backwards to me because alcohol causes WAY more problems than weed.
Interviewer.jpg

What can we do to change that?

Last edited:

S/O OP for what he did, possibly saved their lives :nthat:

Drugs are no better

Interviewer.jpg

What can we do to change that?

nothing.

i hate the thought of smoking. weed also smells like crap.

even if it was legal, i doubt i would do it.

Yall do realize if you get stopped after you smoke your going to jail for a dwi. Weed impairs you so it don't matter.

Yall do realize if you get stopped after you smoke your going to jail for a dwi. Weed impairs you so it don't matter.
Im aware, which is why I do it sparingly. How do they even catch someone doing that anyways? If im not smoking in the comfort of my home I have visine and ozium on deck always. Liable to have my high long since killed if they brought me in, and failing a drug test doesn't say much its in your system for quite some time regardless.

Last edited:

Im aware, which is why I do it sparingly. How do they even catch someone doing that anyways? If im not smoking in the comfort of my home I have visine and ozium on deck always. Liable to have my high long since killed if they brought me in, and failing a drug test doesn't say much its in your system for quite some time regardless.

A drug test says it's in your system ...

What else do they need it to say?

One guy said "we gotta go". insinuating the car might blow up. It did cross my mind that it could happen
It's crazy how TV and movies convince people that this really happens
laugh.gif

Right up there with the pew pew sound silencers supposedly make
laugh.gif

Anyways, you da real MVP OP. I'm proud of you. Coming from a complete stranger that probably doesn't mean much but I really do mean it. You did a good thing.

Props to you OP for real.

I find it a blessing that im not a heavy drinker.

Thanks for the props guys. I did what I felt I needed to do. I try to mentally prepare myself for stuff like this cause I dont want to be a victim or one of those people that just dont know what to do.
The mother was amazing though, I wish I could tell her that but I dont know who she is other than she lives in York PA. Either way, I hope they're ok.

As for weed vs liquor, the worst ive done while high was miss an exit on the freeway and not realizing it till 20 mins later :lol:
Ive never sped or drove recklessly while high

Last edited:
It's crazy how TV and movies convince people that this really happens :lol:
Right up there with the pew pew sound silencers supposedly make :lol:

Anyways, you da real MVP OP. I'm proud of you. Coming from a complete stranger that probably doesn't mean much but I really do mean it. You did a good thing.
Car can catch on fire though. The chances are slim and an explosion is even more rare. I think the fuel system shuts off, but spark can happen especially from the battery that can start a fire from oil or leaking gas

And thanks. I appreciate it

A drug test says it's in your system ...

What else do they need it to say?
I smoked two weeks ago.

Drugs are still in my system.

What are you trying to say?

Back
Top Bottom