Durant as good--or better?!?!--than...

Originally Posted by Pill Clinton

Originally Posted by Im Not You

/\ It's a luxury you get being an elite superstar in the NBA. If you even act like you're playing defensive...as long as you're a 30 PPG scorer on the other end...you'll get All Defensive Team love. That's the reason why Kobe is 1st EVERY year.

But the difference between Lebron and Kobe is that Kobe is IN FACT a LOCKDOWN defender. Any premier scorer in the L will tell you that. Kobe will clamp your best player one on one all game and still drop 30+ on any given night.

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Battier > Prince
Battier > all

im saying dude act like he told us something we didnt know already

sfz5w7.gif

I remember when Kobe used to go off on Battier and Memphis
laugh.gif
...after he got traded toHouston, he's become the best defender against Kobe I've seen.

alot of it has to do with kobe losing a step and not driving as much cause he did use to take Battier out back

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

I remember when Kobe used to go off on Battier and Memphis
laugh.gif
...after he got traded to Houston, he's become the best defender against Kobe I've seen.

roll.gif

We use to throw Posey, Battier and Bonzi at Kobe and he was just filthy.

Kevin is not better than Lebron, yet. Dude needs to gain some weight. Basically, Lebron is an animal and Kevin Duran is just a smooth criminal.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

No, he's not better.

When Durant can lead OKC to the NBA Finals by himself, then yea.. Lebron led Cleveland to the Finals in his 4th season. They became a playoff team in his 3rd season. He has the chance to be better, but definitely not right now. I'll be interested to see how well he dominates down the stretch of games next season though.
I'm sayin'. On paper you can make a pretty decent list on people who have better offensive abilities then LeBron (Carmelo
nerd.gif
), but none of those guys have close to the same impact as LeBron when he's on the floor.

offensive abilities = PPG.

Therefore, LBJ > Melo @ offensive abilities (not shooting)

Originally Posted by PRETTYPLAYA

No, he's not better.

When Durant can lead OKC to the NBA Finals by himself, then yea.. Lebron led Cleveland to the Finals in his 4th season. They became a playoff team in his 3rd season. He has the chance to be better, but definitely not right now. I'll be interested to see how well he dominates down the stretch of games next season though.
I'm sayin'. On paper you can make a pretty decent list on people who have better offensive abilities then LeBron (Carmelo
nerd.gif
), but none of those guys have close to the same impact as LeBron when he's on the floor.

Dwyane Wade led the league in scoring. You trying to tell me he has more offensive abilities than LBJ or Melo? No, he was simply the only onescoring on his team. So, kill that argument. Melo's offensive repertoire is currently superior to LBJ's bulldoze my way to the rim and get freethrows regardless of points per game.

Originally Posted by Pill Clinton

indifferent.gif
@ saying Bron > TP on defense.

I don't know what games you guys watch, but lebron is not a great defender..hes okay. Lebron is a HUSTLE player on defense, aka all those blocks he gets from the weak side.. he's buns guarding players one on one. ask danny granger. Those "all nba defense" points or whatever from last season mean nothing. he got those points strictly because of his blocks

http://www.nba.com/history/awards_defensiveteams.html

[table][tr][td]Defensive Player of the Year Presented by Kia Motors Voting[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]PLAYER[/td] [td]TEAM[/td] [td]1st (5 Pts)[/td] [td]2nd (3 Pts)[/td] [td]3rd (1 pt)[/td] [td]Total[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dwight Howard[/td] [td]Orlando[/td] [td]105[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]542[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LeBron James[/td] [td]Cleveland[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]36[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]148[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dwyane Wade[/td] [td]Miami[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]90[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Shane Battier[/td] [td]Houston[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]71[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ron Artest[/td] [td]Houston[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]54[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Chris Paul[/td] [td]New Orleans[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]49[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Kobe Bryant[/td] [td]LA Lakers[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]43[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Kevin Garnett[/td] [td]Boston[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]31[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Chris Andersen[/td] [td]Denver[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rajon Rondo[/td] [td]Boston[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tim Duncan[/td] [td]San Antonio[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Raja Bell[/td] [td]Charlotte[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Anderson Varejao[/td] [td]Cleveland[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Andre Iguodala[/td] [td]Philadelphia[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ronny Turiaf[/td] [td]Golden State[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Trevor Ariza[/td] [td]LA Lakers[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Marcus Camby[/td] [td]LA Clippers[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Grant Hill[/td] [td]Phoenix[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Joel Pryzbilla[/td] [td]Portland[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Hedo Turkoglu[/td] [td]Orlando[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]
CLEVELAND (AP)-After the referees separated Indiana and Cleveland's heated players, Cavaliers guard Mo Williams stood and stared at the Pacers. Withhis teammates surrounding him, Williams smiled and slowly shook his head from side to side.

A perfect 11-0 at home, Cleveland has won 15 of 16 since starting this season 1-2. The Cavs are doing it with a nasty, suffocatingdefense led by James, who held Indiana's leading scorer Danny Grangerto just four points-20 below his average.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

No, he's not better.

nerd.gif

Dwyane Wade led the league in scoring. You trying to tell me he has more offensive abilities than LBJ or Melo? No, he was simply the only one scoring on his team. So, kill that argument. Melo's offensive repertoire is currently superior to LBJ's bulldoze my way to the rim and get free throws regardless of points per game.

We also have to consider the amount of possession they get, word to Kobe's ppg of 35.

^Please elaborate on how that helps your argument.

I'm not trying to clown, I really just want to understand
happy.gif

offensive abilities, which is abilities to score and its efficienty.

amount of possession you get is important because,

if player A gets 30 shots to score 30 pts and player B gets 20 shots to score 30pts, then we can say player B has superior offensive abilities.

Even if player A can shoot better, doesn't mean he has better offensive skills because his efficiency lacks. However we can say player A is a bettershooter.

No need for clowning.

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

No, he's not better.

nerd.gif

Dwyane Wade led the league in scoring. You trying to tell me he has more offensive abilities than LBJ or Melo? No, he was simply the only one scoring on his team. So, kill that argument. Melo's offensive repertoire is currently superior to LBJ's bulldoze my way to the rim and get free throws regardless of points per game.

and wade is a undersized SG.. your telling me that even a undersized SG can be a the season leading scorer does not have offensive abilities more then therest...you still HAVE TO SCORE... the offense goes through you and if dont have ability to put it in the bucket your team is gonna lose...
plus mo only scored 4 more points a game then beasley

offensive abilities, which is abilities to score and its efficienty.

amount of possession you get is important because,

if player A gets 30 shots to score 30 pts and player B gets 20 shots to score 30pts, then we can say player B has superior offensive abilities.

Even if player A can shoot better, doesn't mean he has better offensive skills because his efficiency lacks. However we can say player A is a better shooter.

No need for clowning.
Wait, so Dwight is better then Duncan offensively? Iggy is better then Beasley? You know how many people would be better then Melo with yourreasoning? I'm sorry but there's only one word for this, simpleton. @%%% ain't that easy... It's more subjective then that.

this is SO damn stupid....
melo's SKILLSET is LIGHTYEARS ahead of lebron. anyone who tries to argue that, is just blinded with their damn homerism.
and the dude up there did not post one game of lockdown defense to use as his argument did he...

This is great, the whole lebron and durant talk. But my boy mr. mayo will be in this discussion after next season watch.

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

This is great, the whole lebron and durant talk. But my boy mr. mayo will be in this discussion after next season watch.

no not really so try again

Durant is a beast now and still have the youth and heart to expand his game. Durant only has to improve on the defensive end and develop a mid range game andhe'll be a top 10 player in the next two years.

But, I bet your boy Derrick Rose will definitely be in discussion as the best PG in the league right?

laugh.gif

But, I bet your boy Derrick Rose will definitely be in discussion as the best PG in the league right?

laugh.gif
Prolly not but he'll be an all-star, can't say that for Mr. Mayo.

In terms of production this coming year, Eric Gordon>OJ Mayo
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom