Durant as good--or better?!?!--than...

Originally Posted by Pill Clinton

Lebron is Lebron because he is a freak of nature. Point blank period. Take away his athletic ability and he is an average basketball player in the NBA.

For example: (not to make this a kobe vs Lebron thread, but w/e)

Kobe Bryant can destroy you MANY different ways. Whether its driving to the basket, fading away, pulling up with a jumper, dunking on you etc. You take away his most dominant attribute(mid range jumper), and he'll kill you by driving to the basket. You take away his driving ability, and he'll kill you by slashing to the basket or abusing you with his fadeaway.

Lebron can't do that. Kevin durant has a jumper, he can drive, he can hit that trey ball etc. Lebron james would be a mediocre basketball player if he wasn't 6'8 280 lbs. Which is why it's going to be interesting to see his career progress, once he loses his legs and his jumping abilities, he'll be done. unless of course he did what kobe and jordan did, which was perfecting the art of the jumper.

But he is that big and that fast. That's the dumbest argument I've ever heard. People are basing how good LeBron is based off what if's? If hewasn't a freak of nature don't you think he would try and find other ways to better his game.

LeBron is better now & I think will continue to be better. In the next couple years & for awhile, Durant & LeBron will be part of the top 5 playersin the league.

my favorite player outside the Lakers
pimp.gif
2nd would have been B Roy buttoo bad he's a Blazer
grin.gif

Durant will be averging 30ppg soon

point is people take the size thing with bron like it's not fair. he is what he is.

Kd is not as good of a player if he was 6'6. same logic, stupid, but same.

Lebron is Lebron because he is a freak of nature. Point blank period. Take away his athletic ability and he is an average basketball player in the NBA.

Kobe Bryant can destroy you MANY different ways. Whether its driving to the basket, fading away, pulling up with a jumper, dunking on you etc. You take away his most dominant attribute(mid range jumper), and he'll kill you by driving to the basket. You take away his driving ability, and he'll kill you by slashing to the basket or abusing you with his fadeaway.

Lebron can't do that. Kevin durant has a jumper, he can drive, he can hit that trey ball etc. Lebron james would be a mediocre basketball player if he wasn't 6'8 280 lbs. Which is why it's going to be interesting to see his career progress, once he loses his legs and his jumping abilities, he'll be done. unless of course he did what kobe and jordan did, which was perfecting the art of the jumper.

I knew it was only a matter of time.

Originally Posted by 5dividedby4

But he is that big and that fast. That's the dumbest argument I've ever heard. People are basing how good LeBron is based off what if's? If he wasn't a freak of nature don't you think he would try and find other ways to better his game.
But my point is that he isn't that great in terms of SKILL. He's a dominant basketball player in the L because he IS that big and thatstrong/fast. Skill wise KD is 2x as good as lebron. I'm not taking anything from Lebron. He is a great basketball player, for now.

haha i love stuff like this! People act like LeBron is the best thing ever, when he ain't.

But he is that big and that fast. That's the dumbest argument I've ever heard. People are basing how good LeBron is based off what if's? If he wasn't a freak of nature don't you think he would try and find other ways to better his game.
But my point is that he isn't that great in terms of SKILL. He's a dominant basketball player in the L because he IS that big and that strong/fast. Skill wise KD is 2x as good as lebron. I'm not taking anything from Lebron. He is a great basketball player, for now.

SLOW DOWN....I am not Lebron's biggest fan (check my avy) but chill out.

LeBron is very fundamental, has a great handle, and amazing court vision. His only fundamental weakness is shooting. His footwork could use more work buthe's still decent in that area. Here is a guy that can box out, get the rebound, bring the ball up, crossover his man, and throw a 1 handed no look passoff the dribble. Durant doesn't have the ball-handling or passing of Lebron. And they both are missing a post game. Durant will be a superstar but SLOWDOWN!

If Lebron was 6'4 220 he'd be D-Wade.

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

But my point is that he isn't that great in terms of SKILL. He's a dominant basketball player in the L because he IS that big and that strong/fast. Skill wise KD is 2x as good as lebron. I'm not taking anything from Lebron. He is a great basketball player, for now.

LeBron is very fundamental, has a great handle, and amazing court vision. His only fundamental weakness is shooting. His footwork could use more work but he's still decent in that area. Here is a guy that can box out, get the rebound, bring the ball up, crossover his man, and throw a 1 handed no look pass off the dribble. Durant doesn't have the ball-handling or passing of Lebron. And they both are missing a post game. Durant will be a superstar but SLOW DOWN!

Court vision and passing i'll give you that, of course. They both have attributes to their game that one or the other is better at. Like KD is a bettershooter. Rebounding? KD averaged about 7 rebounds last year, so eh i'll leave that one out. Bron's footwork is average. not much of an argument there.I'd say lebrons handles are def better than KD's but not by much..either way theyre both great players theyre basically the future of the L.

???

LeBron is very fundamental, has a great handle, and amazing court vision. His only fundamental weakness is shooting. His footwork could use more work but he's still decent in that area. Here is a guy that can box out, get the rebound, bring the ball up, crossover his man, and throw a 1 handed no look pass off the dribble. Durant doesn't have the ball-handling or passing of Lebron. And they both are missing a post game. Durant will be a superstar but SLOW DOWN!

Court vision and passing i'll give you that, of course. They both have attributes to their game that one or the other is better at. Like KD is a better shooter. Rebounding? KD averaged about 7 rebounds last year, so eh i'll leave that one out. Bron's footwork is average. not much of an argument there. I'd say lebrons handles are def better than KD's but not by much..either way theyre both great players theyre basically the future of the L.

So you're saying I'm right? Last summer was the best all-around player on the planet but now an article has ya'll throwing Durant into thiscategory? How many triple doubles does KD have? Lebron just has more creative moves that involve body control and things like that, which Durant will neverhave. I love KD but Lebron just has more to offer.

Durant will be Top-3 in 2 yrs.

It will be -

Bron.
Kobe.
Durant.

When Kobe retires, Bron, Durant and Anthony Randolph will run the league.
happy.gif

Yes, I said Anthony Randolph....
laugh.gif

I'm sorry but you are an idiot. You think you can be a top 3 player in the League based on size and athletic ability? Then tell me why JamesWhite struggle to get on a NBA team and why Rodney Carney have to bust his butt just to get PT? Lebron is a top 3 player because he have the total package:tongue:laymaking ability, his versatility, slashing ability and he even occasional shows his shooting touch. I don't even like LBJ like that but you have togive credit when credit is due, he is still that dude even if he wasn't that athletic. Like someone said earlier imagine if Kevin Durant didn't havehis 6'10 frame and his monkey arms, he won't be as effective as he is now.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

point is people take the size thing with bron like it's not fair. he is what he is.

Kd is not as good of a player if he was 6'6. same logic, stupid, but same.
People wont' understand. Durant is a God. I think he's Colston's brother.
laugh.gif

Hes not better. Dont know if he ever will be. But dude is definitely a beast. And is a scoring machine. He can get to the rim if he needs to but he shootslights out from the perimeter.

Court vision and passing i'll give you that, of course. They both have attributes to their game that one or the other is better at. Like KD is a better shooter. Rebounding? KD averaged about 7 rebounds last year, so eh i'll leave that one out. Bron's footwork is average. not much of an argument there. I'd say lebrons handles are def better than KD's but not by much..either way theyre both great players theyre basically the future of the L.
I'm not sure if you meant to, but you just agreed with everything he said
laugh.gif

KD is better skillwise by a lot, but I don't know about a better player than Bron. KD is gonna win a lot of scoring titles tho, and if he bulks up a bit,it's a wrap.

KD is the 2nd reason why I hate Clay Bennet; KD loved Seattle.

i never thought durant would be this good, but the jump from his rookie year to last year made me take back everything. he WILL average 30+ pts next year andhe WILL be the leading scorer for years to come. dude is NASTY.

overall game, he ain't touching bron though.

Back
Top Bottom