Durant as good--or better?!?!--than...

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

how doesnt KD dominate games tho?

He can definitely be dominate offensively at times. Put him up against a team's best defender and he will definitely work their #*#. But, its more of amental thing than anything. If he know what his capabilities are and if this USA Camp really taught him anything, he will be head over hills. Meaning he willbe able to get his teammates involved a lot better, defend like one of the better defenders in the league and being dominate down the stretch in games.

KD is obviously more skilled than LeBron, but LeBron's athleticism makes up for damn near everything.

Is KD better than LeBron RIGHT NOW? Of course not, cant say that. Question is, will he surpass him eventually, I think he can.

The test will be KD's improvement this year. Every great player makes the jump from their Rookie to Soph year, so what KD did last year was expected.LeBron went 27-7-7 his second year, but after that, I dont know how much better he's truly gotten. Its been more tweaking & fine tuning. He's goingon his 7th year, (allegedly) 6-9 260 and still aint got a post game. What is he gonna lean on once that explosiveness starts to fade?

If KD has made an even bigger jump this year like all these scouts talkin bout, its inevitable he'll inherit the throne in due time.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

No, he's not better.

When Durant can lead OKC to the NBA Finals by himself, then yea.. Lebron led Cleveland to the Finals in his 4th season. They became a playoff team in his 3rd season. He has the chance to be better, but definitely not right now. I'll be interested to see how well he dominates down the stretch of games next season though.
I'm sayin'. On paper you can make a pretty decent list on people who have better offensive abilities then LeBron (Carmelo
nerd.gif
), but none of those guys have close to the same impact as LeBron when he's on the floor.
I wish somebody would say OKC will make the playoffs this year. I can guarentee you that they won't and they won't win no more than 35 games more than likely.

airmaxpenny1

nerd.gif

And OKC can't be a playoff team this year? KD doesn't dominate games
laugh.gif
Wow

No, they won't.

And I didn't say he doesn't dominate games. I want to see him do it down the stretch. If he has that attitude down the stretch when he gets the ball, everybody in the arena know he's going to score type dominate. With his length, shooting stroke, etc. he should have it. That's why I said it will be interesting to see next season.

No you really can't guarantee they won't. Honestly they have an outside chance. Provided Westbrook and Green make the improvements expected...theycould be an 8th seed.

Houston ain't making the playoffs this year, New Orleans is very shaky and so is Utah if Boozer gets traded. With Durant, Westbrook and Green all a yearolder and better, I don't see any reason why they can't.

Is KD better than LeBron RIGHT NOW? Of course not, cant say that. Question is, will he surpass him eventually, I think he can.
Exactly, he's obviously not better than Bron right now, but comparing KD's first 2 years to Bron's first 2 years...KD isn't allthat far behind.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Houston ain't making the playoffs this year, New Orleans is very shaky and so is Utah if Boozer gets traded. With Durant, Westbrook and Green all a year older and better, I don't see any reason why they can't.

i just went and look at the teams in the west and some wack team from last year is making the playoffs in the west and i give the warriors and OKC the bestshot at it

Originally Posted by dreClark

i never thought KD would do !*%+ in the NBA,
What made you think that? Like seriously?

You really have to ask that? Look who you're talkin too.
laugh.gif

Calm down Mike, it's only a joke.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Houston ain't making the playoffs this year, New Orleans is very shaky and so is Utah if Boozer gets traded. With Durant, Westbrook and Green all a year older and better, I don't see any reason why they can't.
First, they will have to prove themselves of having better records than the Suns, Grizz, Warriors, Clippers and maybe even the Twolves who havealso made significant changes to their roster. OKC had a worse record than all of those teams last season with the exception of the Clippers. I wouldn'tautomatically put them over any of those teams either.

Utah will be in the playoffs regardless if they trade or keep Boozer. Houston and New Orleans are definitely questionable, but I wouldn't automaticallyslide OKC into one of those spots.

Originally Posted by dreClark

i never thought KD would do !*%+ in the NBA,
What made you think that? Like seriously?

just thought he would be a career NBA chucker, never thought he would get a all around game or with his skinny frame be able to take a NBA beating

From Bill Simmons today:
8. You should be really proud of him. 'Cause I know men, and I'll bet you do, too. And he respects women, and he likes women, and let's just pause and appreciate a man like that. I mean, you created him out of thin air, you know, you raised him right, he's having a great time, he's doing a good job, and don't worry, he's still a virgin. And we're all looking out for him. You know? And that's more than I've ever even said to my own parents, so there you go. This is the maid speaking, by the way.

To Kevin Durant. Why? He flew to Vegas for summer league even though he wasn't playing, sat on his team's bench every day, cheered his boys on, dispensed advice during timeouts and everything else you'd want from your top gun. All signs point to Durant becoming one of those galvanizing, personable, Duncan-like leaders for the Zombie Sonics. Love it. Couldn't be happier about this. Our one-sided bromance continues to be in full bloom. And you know what else?

Simmons failed to mention KD was working out in Vegas in preparation for the Select Team but still
pimp.gif

how doesnt KD dominate games tho?

He can definitely be dominate offensively at times. Put him up against a team's best defender and he will definitely work their #*#. But, its more of a mental thing than anything. If he know what his capabilities are and if this USA Camp really taught him anything, he will be head over hills. Meaning he will be able to get his teammates involved a lot better, defend like one of the better defenders in the league and being dominate down the stretch in games.
Bro, I think the word you're looking for is "dominant" not "dominate." Sorry, It's just been bugging me.

This really shouldn't even be a debate.

You can be sure that any ridiculous subject regarding LeBron is always a debate on LeBronHateTalk.com

Durant is a great player. But LeBron is on another level... And Durant isn't even on the level of players right under LeBron, like Dwight Howard and ChisPaul.

It's being whispered now among NBA types because, I believe, under a secret NBA/ESPN provision you are not permitted to say aloud anything that might be interpreted to suggest LeBron James isn't the best thing to ever happen in anyone's life. But sitting in the stands in Las Vegas at the USA Basketball mini-camp and hearing NBA coaches and general managers, the gasps have been for Oklahoma City's Kevin Durant.

LULZ.

That's because KD is the best player there.

He's the best of the second tier guys, most of which are at that camp.

KD's probably going to develop into a first tier guy this year.

But, LeBron is already 1 or 2 on the first tier team.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

This really shouldn't even be a debate. Put Durant on the Cavs and they would be middle of the pack team in the East. LeBron with Westbrook and Green
sick.gif
. The Thunder would be a much better team with LeBron.
laugh.gif

OK...

See 2003-2004, and 2004-2005 Cleveland Cavalier teams. Mind you they played in the Eastern Conference.

You're basically saying replace Durant with Lebron and OKC wins at least 48-50 games...which gets you an 8th seed in the West. Do you seriously believe that?
I never said how much better they would be, I'm saying the Thunder would win a lot more then 23 games. I'm pretty sure I didn't saythey would win 48-50 games in the West, nor did I say they were a lock for the playoffs, but they are winning more then 23 games.

I think KD can elevate his game to top 5 player in the L this upcoming season

Originally Posted by JsindaA

Originally Posted by Tunnel Vision

Originally Posted by henz0

indifferent.gif
.... & I !*!!+ with KD
Exactly.
The hate for Bron is reaching Kobe levels..

It's really not. This isn't even a hate thread
grin.gif
ahaha, Kobites get mad at someone even comparing hate levels to Kobe now?

NAH NAH KOBES HATE WAS MUCH DEEPER AN +!@%

Really?

Is that another reason why Kobe > LeBron now?

Because his hate levels were over 9000?

And LeBrons hate levels are only a mere 840?

Back
Top Bottom