Durant as good--or better?!?!--than...

Originally Posted by JsindaA

Originally Posted by Tunnel Vision

Originally Posted by henz0

indifferent.gif
.... & I !*!!+ with KD
Exactly.
The hate for Bron is reaching Kobe levels..

It's really not. This isn't even a hate thread
grin.gif

these fools arent even reading the thread

indifferent.gif
.... & I !*!!+ with KD
Exactly.

grin.gif
Cmon. You don't think this article is reaching just a lil bit and just taking a shot at LeBron? He didn't mention any of the other topplayers in the league. If i remember correctly, this is the same writer that tried to discredit his stats saying theyre all manufactured by the officials thisseason.

Even my hate for LeBronze will not allow me to subscribe to this nonsense
laugh.gif

However he definitely has the tools and the potential and still has a lot of time left in this league. Some of the top teams in the West are slowly falling offso if he can get those boys in OKC running then it's very possible to slide in a playoff spot.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

No, he's not better.

When Durant can lead OKC to the NBA Finals by himself, then yea.. Lebron led Cleveland to the Finals in his 4th season. They became a playoff team in his 3rd season. He has the chance to be better, but definitely not right now. I'll be interested to see how well he dominates down the stretch of games next season though.
I'm sayin'. On paper you can make a pretty decent list on people who have better offensive abilities then LeBron (Carmelo
nerd.gif
), but none of those guys have close to the same impact as LeBron when he's on the floor.

yep

Durant is good but cmon....

All season the debate was LBJ or KOBE, now its LBJ or DURANT.....

How quickly things change.....LBJ gonna put 40-9-9 on the thunder this season...

I see I started a firestorm
laugh.gif

KD is a scoring beast, but he averaged 2.8 assists last year, and 3.0 turnovers. He's also a passive defender.

LeBron took a team single handedly to the Finals straight out of high school with the spotlight on him 24/7 and surpassed a ridiculous amount of hype.

LeBron is without a doubt the better player. Better passer, rebounder and defender.

LeBron's first year with the Cavs, the Cavs win total increased by 18 games.

Durant's first year in the league, the Sonics got 11 games worse.

^ OC, you just wanted to slowly prove how much better LBJ actually is than KD & I can respect that.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

While Durant isn't the playmaker or passer that LeBron is (or will ever be), he's a good rebounder. LeBron averages around 7 rebounds a game, andDurant just averaged 6 this past season. Once his body fills out some more, I expect Durant to get 7-8 rebounds a game.

As for his defense, given his size, athleticism and work ethic I think Durant can become a quality defender just like LeBron has.

indifferent.gif
.... & I !*!!+ with KD
Exactly.

grin.gif
Cmon. You don't think this article is reaching just a lil bit and just taking a shot at LeBron? He didn't mention any of the other top players in the league. If i remember correctly, this is the same writer that tried to discredit his stats saying theyre all manufactured by the officials this season.
Yea the writer is reaching but a Bron fan started the thread....how the heck is he hating? Guys like this

ahaha, Kobites get mad at someone even comparing hate levels to Kobe now?

NAH NAH KOBES HATE WAS MUCH DEEPER AN +!@%

Really?

Is that another reason why Kobe > LeBron now?

Because his hate levels were over 9000?

And LeBrons hate levels are only a mere 840?
Obviously didn't read any of the thread...thus making themselves look stupid. All Outtacontrol did was post an article which he doesn'teven have to say he disagrees with. The thread was made for pure discussion, probably to show how dumb the writer is. FTR just cause someone doesn't agreethat Bron is the greatest, doesn't make them or anything they say hate.

As long as he doesn't fall in love with his jumper when he reaches his late 20's, like many wing scorers do

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

This really shouldn't even be a debate. Put Durant on the Cavs and they would be middle of the pack team in the East. LeBron with Westbrook and Green
sick.gif
. The Thunder would be a much better team with LeBron.

When it comes to being a legitimate superstar in the NBA, players need more than just skills and body type. They need the right attitude, work ethic, andmotivation. Most NBA players don't have that, which is why big draft picks end up being busts but GM's refuse to take that into serious account.

Kevin Durant has it all. I've always had a feeling that he would be a true star in the league. He's got that MJ/Kobe work ethic, motivation, and focuson the pure game of basketball that even Lebron or D Wade don't have - not to say he'll be better (their focus and ethic aren't at top form IMO buttheir skills are off the charts).

The problem that I have with Oden is that I don't see the heightened passion and focus that would elevate him into superstar status. He does put in a lotof work, but something tells me his devotion isn't all there.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Cause they lost Rashard Lewis and Ray Allen. I highly doubt KD ever touches Bron but he will continue to develop physically and that's whenhe'll be a real problem.

Lebron is Lebron because he is a freak of nature. Point blank period. Take away his athletic ability and he is an average basketball player in the NBA.

For example: (not to make this a kobe vs Lebron thread, but w/e)

Kobe Bryant can destroy you MANY different ways. Whether its driving to the basket, fading away, pulling up with a jumper, dunking on you etc. You take awayhis most dominant attribute(mid range jumper), and he'll kill you by driving to the basket. You take away his driving ability, and he'll kill you byslashing to the basket or abusing you with his fadeaway.

Lebron can't do that. Kevin durant has a jumper, he can drive, he can hit that trey ball etc. Lebron james would be a mediocre basketball player if hewasn't 6'8 280 lbs. Which is why it's going to be interesting to see his career progress, once he loses his legs and his jumping abilities,he'll be done. unless of course he did what kobe and jordan did, which was perfecting the art of the jumper.

Originally Posted by Pill Clinton

Lebron is Lebron because he is a freak of nature. Point blank period. Take away his athletic ability and he is an average basketball player in the NBA.

For example: (not to make this a kobe vs Lebron thread, but w/e)

Kobe Bryant can destroy you MANY different ways. Whether its driving to the basket, fading away, pulling up with a jumper, dunking on you etc. You take away his most dominant attribute(mid range jumper), and he'll kill you by driving to the basket. You take away his driving ability, and he'll kill you by slashing to the basket or abusing you with his fadeaway.

Lebron can't do that. Kevin durant has a jumper, he can drive, he can hit that trey ball etc. Lebron james would be a mediocre basketball player if he wasn't 6'8 280 lbs. Which is why it's going to be interesting to see his career progress, once he loses his legs and his jumping abilities, he'll be done. unless of course he did what kobe and jordan did, which was perfecting the art of the jumper.
Oh man, here we go
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

LeBron took a team single handedly to the Finals straight out of high school with the spotlight on him 24/7 and surpassed a ridiculous amount of hype.

LeBron's first year with the Cavs, the Cavs win total increased by 18 games.

1. i swear it was brons 4th season the cavs went to the finals?

2. come on now really? look at the 2 teams and try again with that

Back
Top Bottom