Early Jordan Release INFO. Its time everyone knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Davers Link more or less spells it out. This has been said numerous times. NIKE DOES NOT OWN THE FACTORIES NOR DO THEY MAKE THE MATERIALS.... These Factories make unauthorized runs.. hence why we have Promo 4's all of a sudden Early Black Cement 3's that are different from Release.. And Why with Pre-Release site have horrible looking first runs but a month or 2 before Release the Early sites shoes suddenly step up in quality....

Look if you wanted to by a Mercedes E-Class you would go to Mercedes and buy an E Class not a Chrysler 300 (Same Platform, alot of the Same parts, but Different Manufactures).. maybe not a good analogy but hopefully you get the point

.... NUFF SAID

Originally Posted by GreatestGoliath

Davers Link more or less spells it out. This has been said numerous times. NIKE DOES NOT OWN THE FACTORIES NOR DO THEY MAKE THE MATERIALS.... These Factories make unauthorized runs.. hence why we have Promo 4's all of a sudden Early Black Cement 3's that are different from Release.. And Why with Pre-Release site have horrible looking first runs but a month or 2 before Release the Early sites shoes suddenly step up in quality....

Look if you wanted to by a Mercedes E-Class you would go to Mercedes and buy an E Class not a Chrysler 300 (Same Platform, alot of the Same parts, but Different Manufactures).. maybe not a good analogy but hopefully you get the point

.... NUFF SAID
/thread

unauthorized runs =/= fake sneakers

das like me saying da OG Nas double album i am is "fake" because it leaked months ahead of a changed released day album...so what you're saying, Nas wasn't da one rapping on da leaked album?
laugh.gif

i see your point of view but personally don't agree with it. we both have that right nonetheless.
with that said, if i were to pick up a high quality bootleg dvd does that make it official?
the content is exactly the same and the video, audio and packaging might all be right there but it doesn't mean i have the real mccoy.
i don't care what the next person knowingly does. if a person buys replicas or whatever you want to label it then that's his business. my problem lies with the fact these sites could very well be selling bootlegs to unknowing consumers.

people pay good money for the real thing. some are likely to not pay as much for something when they are aware it's less than.

Originally Posted by freezyfreeky

i see your point of view but personally don't agree with it. we both have that right nonetheless.
with that said, if i were to pick up a high quality bootleg dvd does that make it official?
the content is exactly the same and the video, audio and packaging might all be right there but it doesn't mean i have the real mccoy.
i don't care what the next person knowingly does. if a person buys replicas or whatever you want to label it then that's his business. my problem lies with the fact these sites could very well be selling bootlegs to unknowing consumers.

people pay good money for the real thing. some are likely to not pay as much for something when they are aware it's less than.

QFT.

/THREAD

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

Whether authorized or unauthorized, you're overpaying for equally @#$% quality shoes.

/thread

this....the finest people in this forum are bringing out their magnifying glasses to nitpick all the MANUFACTURING FLAWS from these shoes being MASS PRODUCED because they cant get off their holierthanthou high horse yet they are failing to see the REAL quality downfall issues ie: clear soles yellowing way to prematurely, midsoles creasing after 1-2 wears, significantly less padding and of course the lesser quality leathers being used.  and those issues are in EVERY SINGLE PAIR of concords that will be sold on the 23rd.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

How can u call jordans or any nikes with real carbon fiber fake?

As long as fakes been around, none have used it.
Just because people didn't use it before doesn't mean they haven't started now. Fakes get BETTER and BETTER with time. These shoes are not authentic.

Originally Posted by verysteri otypical

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

Whether authorized or unauthorized, you're overpaying for equally @#$% quality shoes.

/thread

this....the finest people in this forum are bringing out their magnifying glasses to nitpick all the MANUFACTURING FLAWS from these shoes being MASS PRODUCED because they cant get off their holierthanthou high horse yet they are failing to see the REAL quality downfall issues ie: clear soles yellowing way to prematurely, midsoles creasing after 1-2 wears, significantly less padding and of course the lesser quality leathers being used.  and those issues are in EVERY SINGLE PAIR of concords that will be sold on the 23rd.

no one is failing to see the quality downfall issues you speak of.
those issues have been brought up for years now and the gripes have obviously fallen on deaf ears as the quality continues to decline. that battle has been lost.
however, the battle still rages on to call out these bootleggers and make others aware what's out there.
i sure as hell wouldn't want to pay a pretty penny for a pair of shoes from, let's just say a fellow nter, then find out they're subpar or off in comparison to someone else's bought from footlocker, etc.
the seller might have been completely unaware when he bought them from whatever site but the damage is done.

Everyone single post in this thread has already been said in the Concord XI thread.

Anything is possible. One thing i can assure everyone here, the authenticity of some shoes on these sites are questionable, but for anyone to say ALL OF THEM ARE FAKE, well, that just aint true either.

Most ppl in this thread have never set foot in Asia, have not a single clue how business is done here, yet they would like to think they have it all figured out from hearsay on TEH INTERNET.

I will tell you right now, you arent definitely not completely right, but you prolly arent completely wrong either. The debate will go on forever, and the authenticty of these shoes is not a simple true/fale question as most would like to think it to be.

This thread is very interesting valid points from both sides but let me just say this... I personally leave early releases alone just not my thing but I've seen some horrible J's copped from national retailers. How ironic is it that you can jump on "Authentic" J's from a national retailer but your pair looks like crap but your homeboy copped from AR and his joints look 10x's better than yours. I damn near cried when I saw homie blk/cement III's with the smooth & tumbled leather... SAD 

http://sole collector.com/news/consider-this-five-reasons-why-you-should-wait-until-release-date-for-air-jordans/  

EDIT: OF COURSE REMOVE THE SPACE BETWEEN SOLE & COLLECTOR.

I read that Sole article last night and like everything posted here it brought out some valid points..However, it's also very one sided. Like I tried to explain in my last post, you need to play Devil's Advocate to see both sides...Here's my attempt....

5. Price Gouge

When you really stop to think about it, it makes no sense to pay almost DOUBLE the retail price for a product that's nowhere near the same level of quality as pairs released at retail, which are themselves already a shell of the original model's quality. Also, since most of these "early release" shoes are overseas, shipping will cost a pretty penny. All that trouble and cost for a general release shoe, just to have them two months early?

Some people just NEED that shoe NOW. I'm sure we've all experienced this. The absolute feeling of not wanting to wait...Especially if you've waited almost a decade for the next release. The NEED to have them right now and knowing that they'll be a hassle trying to get on release day? Why risk NOT getting them and potentially my safety when I could get them now? Why not pay a lil extra to have them early? If celebs can do it why can't other people? In addition to this, if you miss out on release day and still want them, chances are you'll probably be paying that "double" retail price anyways.

4. Supporting illegal businesses

Something rarely pointed out is the fact that purchasing these early release sneakers supports illegal businesses. With unauthorized websites trying their best to pass these products off as authentic, the means by which they've obtained their sneakers clearly falls into a grey area. Perhaps direct theft is even involved. Also, supporting these sites takes away a ton of business your local retailers and "Mom n' Pop" shops can benefit from.

Ok, if they're illegal businesses, why hasn't Nike shut these guys down yet? They have no problems closing shop on hundreds of other "obvious" sites.  Perhaps the whole conspiracy theory of Nike "allowing" these guys to operate by selling them B-Grade products be true? I also understand supporting Mom n Pop shops but what if there are none in my area? In a sense, these guys are there own 'mom n pop' shops....Just online. Should I continue to support Footlocker, Champs, Footaction and Finishline where I continue to get shoddy kicks and poor customer service?
 3. No guarantee of OG packaging

Again, in relation to the unreasonable prices these sites are offering, it's really not worth paying for a pair of "Concords" or Retro 4s if you're not even getting the original packaging or accessories. Take the "Concords" for example -- many of these "early release" pairs were offered in unmarked Air Jordan boxes, or even damaged, second-quality boxes. No pull-out slider box, shoe trees or special tissue paper included. However, with an authentic pair on release date, you're guaranteed all accessories and packaging at a cheaper cost.

Many of the people who order from these sites receive all the accessories included. And many of these sites will advertise if they don't come with certain things like the special box or shoe trees. For most people, it's the shoes whats most important...Not the box or tissue paper. And speaking of this, how many times have we heard about someone taking their store bought kicks home only to realize that the store employee snagged their key chain or retro card?
2. No memory or thrill

One of the best things about this hobby is the memory we all have involving these certain sneakers, and especially Jordans. For many collectors, the memory of many Air Jordans begins with MJ debuting them to the world on an NBA court. These days, everything is seen for the first time on a website selling unauthorized products. When purchasing kicks on release date, there's still that thrill and chase to build memories not often found with just simply paying extra for "early release" kicks online.

And to some, that thrill is having the shoe a couple months early or for that matter just HAVING the shoe period. When i was younger it was all about being the first on the block to have something. Now that I'm older, it's just about having the item period. As I mentioned before, why risk not getting the shoe or possibly my safety by battling a bunch of campers rioting the mall for some $175 piece of rubber and leather?
1. No Guarantee of Authenticity

Here's the most important point in all of this, there's really no way to guarantee these kicks are authentic Nike products. It's pretty tough to ignore the growing number of signs pointing towards these products being fake. Several Forum members that bought the Black / Cement Retro 3 from early release sites reported poor quality issues and were instantly suspicious about their sneakers. Most recently, the infamous "Air Randy" miraculously ended up with multiple sizes of Concords with MJ's #45 on the back. Thinking realistically, it's more than likely that these "samples" were manufactured on the side and weren't ever authorized Nike products.

There's also no guarantee that the shoes you buy from the store are authentic either. With people admitting to exchanging "fakes" at a store, who says that more people are not doing this? (Sorry memphis...had to throw that in there.) The quality issues don't start and stop with the early release sites...They're all over. Look at the dude who received one tumbled leather and one smooth blk/cement III. Look at the guy who's Jumpman was missing an arm? And almost everybody's store bought pairs were creased out the box.

This is a grey area because of the definition of "fake".  Let's say a factory is contracted to make 1,000 pairs of "official" shoes.  Instead, the factory owner decides to make 1,000 "official" shoes, and then an extra "unauthorized" 100 pairs using the exact same materials, facilities, work force etc.  These 100 pair are in a grey area where they are not 100% official, but they are not fakes either.  I think this is the situation some pairs of the concords are in.

Originally Posted by chinaurge

This is a grey area because of the definition of "fake".  Let's say a factory is contracted to make 1,000 pairs of "official" shoes.  Instead, the factory owner decides to make 1,000 "official" shoes, and then an extra "unauthorized" 100 pairs using the exact same materials, facilities, work force etc.  These 100 pair are in a grey area where they are not 100% official, but they are not fakes either.  I think this is the situation some pairs of the concords are in.

Completely agree. I think alot of the easrly release sites are dealing with 'extra' pairs. But aren't B-Grades sold in outlets essentially the same thing? They were manufactured and produced to meet a certain demand. When quality inspection deemed these "B-Grades" they were taken out of the line and then either destroyed or given to outlets to sell. Technically these aren't "official" either.

Except that there's more signs pointing towards these shoes not being produced in a "gray area" and more signs pointing to them being produced by air randy/SDS/etc's personal pocket warehouse in their backyards that can bust out any sneaker they want. Emphasis on the word SUPER in super fakes. It's 2012. The 23 lining up with the jumpman is out dated breh.

how about this for a question?

randy sold those REAL early concords months ago with the clear toe, sideways 23, weird carbon fiber, jumpman not lines up,etc....
when this blew up he still sold them all and the problem was that they were so early it was obvious these were the first test run that got declined and him and others decided to sell anyway, and o did they sell em.

would it be easy to say that right now at this moment (less than a month before RD) the ones he is currently selling are the RD date shoes?
is he getting the actual shoes NOW that are actually shipping to the states for sale?

I would not take my chances but i know some will

what do you guys think about this?

Originally Posted by hostos

randy sold those REAL early concords months ago with the clear toe, sideways 23, weird carbon fiber, jumpman not lines up,etc....
when this blew up he still sold them all and the problem was that they were so early it was obvious these were the first test run that got declined and him and others decided to sell anyway, and o did they sell em.

would it be easy to say that right now at this moment (less than a month before RD) the ones he is currently selling are the RD date shoes?
is he getting the actual shoes NOW that are actually shipping to the states for sale?

It's a very good possibility. Many sites which don't sell shoes super early still get their stock a couple weeks in advance and sell legit pairs. Uptempoair, Pickyourshoes, Citysole, Deadstockshoes and SneakerSt just to name a few....Who's to say that AR and SDS don't receive similar stock on top of the "questionable" pairs they already sell?

Originally Posted by ijapino

It's a very good possibility. Many sites which don't sell shoes super early still get their stock a couple weeks in advance and sell legit pairs. Uptempoair, Pickyourshoes, Citysole, Deadstockshoes and SneakerSt just to name a few....Who's to say that AR and SDS don't receive similar stock on top of the "questionable" pairs they already sell?

I CAN DEFINITELY BELIEVE THIS.

STILL DOESN'T ADDRESS THE FACT THAT THE EARLY PAIRS HE SOLD MONTHS AGO ARE APPARENTLY DIFFERENT FROM PAIRS NOW. CLEAR TOES? NONE OF THE CONCORDS NOW HAVE CLEAR TOES. VIDEOS WERE POSTED THAT SHOWED FAKE CARBON FIBER AND OFF MATERIALS FROM HIS FIRST BATCH.

The bottom line is that

A. Nike/Factory Owners are selling the pairs not fit for shipment to the public to AR and SDS, months before RD

or

B. Factory owners are making more pairs than they need to, in order to make an extra buck on the side

It's probably a combo of both.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Originally Posted by ijapino

I CAN DEFINITELY BELIEVE THIS.

STILL DOESN'T ADDRESS THE FACT THAT THE EARLY PAIRS HE SOLD MONTHS AGO ARE APPARENTLY DIFFERENT FROM PAIRS NOW. CLEAR TOES? NONE OF THE CONCORDS NOW HAVE CLEAR TOES. VIDEOS WERE POSTED THAT SHOWED FAKE CARBON FIBER AND OFF MATERIALS FROM HIS FIRST BATCH.
so could someone say....never buy from randy REAL EARLY/MONTHS BEFORE RD.....but you can buy from him weeks before RD??

mind blown
eek.gif

again with whats happened before i would never take this risk....just asking some question to keep the topic going

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Nothing that screams FAKE though. Clear toes? Perhaps another reason why they were "sold" to AR and SDS as "B-Grades". Same thing goes for the JOQDAN typos, crooked 23's and pre-stained mesh. These are all charactersitics which would deem a shoe "B-Grade" and sent to an outlet. As far as the questionable carbon fiber goes...I've yet to see OBVIOUSLY fake carbon fiber on any of the videos. Sure people show videos and pictures of them scratching the surface but the most common flaw is it's the glossy coating that's being scratched off...Not the actual cf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom