Early Releases are High Quality Fakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok but if this was the case and "molds" have been stolen and sold to all these factories then why are their still all these fugazi replica sites hocking these really bad and error filled replicas? All of these so called AAA replicas are still out there yet have blatant and obvious telltale signs. And why do these early release sites run out of shoes just like a regular retailer or never rarely have full size runs of some kicks?
And all those "sample" colorways have always existed which anybody can own for a price of anywhere from $45-65 bucks. I mean aren't there like 8 colorways of Yeezy 2s?
I'm not pro early release sites nor am I pro Nike authorized retailers only. I'm pro me getting the shoes I want hassle free. If by getting them means paying an early site a few bucks more to get them not only months early but at a "fair" aftermarket price instead of sleeping in the cold overnight or haggling with some pimple faced hypebeast kid over price then that's what I'mma do. I won't feel guilty nor will I question the authenticity.

First two paras -

That doesn't matter. We are establishing a definition here - that means defining a concept, not looking at the landscape and retrofitting our conception to match that. ...Like Jeff Van Gundy says about basketball, you have to call it in the air - before you know the outcome.

So, if even one company that produced these "authentic" but unauthorized shoes decided they would run their own production schedule and start producing models on an entirely different schedule than JB, those would have to be authentic too - by your definition. Because, you say all that matters is the same materials and molds. So, these factories can produce any Jordan model shoe for which they have a mold at any time and they are authentic. And, those factories can then sell the mold to others to do the same, and those would be authentic too.

Why that doesn't happen doesn't matter. Under your definition, those would all be authentic pairs.

That's essentially deeming it possible for an entire shadow copy of JB to exist on its own work plans overseas completely separate from Nike and all their products are above board.

Last para -

Sorry, I read this as basically saying I'll tell myself whatever I have to in order to convince myself what I want to believe. And, FTR, I've never in my life spent a single second standing in front of a sneaker store waiting for it to open, nor have I spent over retail to get a shoe in advance. So, please don't think I'm glorifying that aspect of attaining kicks. I hate the "pimple-faced hypebeast kids" as much as you - I'm old enough to be a dad to many of them.

Last edited:
to be perfectly honest, if the shoes come in the right materials and in the right shapes and with a high quality build, i don't care who made it. all jordans are made by subsidiary companies, and at the end of the day, it doesn't make a shred of difference when it comes to wearing them.

that.
is.
all.
that.
matters.

whether jb get any money from my purchase or not DOESN'T MATTER. they're not going out of business any time soon and we owe them NOTHING.

Great subject op! It's easy to tell who are the people of NT buying fake sh*t.

Last edited:
Great subject op! It's easy to tell who are the people of NT buying fake sh*t.
hqdefault.jpg

herpderp

What the hell is "authentic enough" mean?
Words have meanings, folks.
Being authentic enough is a fundamental impossibility; it's like being half-pregnant.
These shoes being "authentic" is like Olive Garden boasting "authentic" Italian cuisine. ...Hey, they use sauce, we use sauce.
And, as far as not being able to buy shoes of Ebay - well, if you don't know where the person got their shoes, you are taking a risk. ...You've never sold a shoe where the person had asked you if you have a receipt? ...It doesn't have to be a deal-breaker, but that's probably best practice, if possible.
But, to me, none of this is a problem anyway because I don't buy from these sites, nor am I in the secondary market for releases from the era when this became popular. But, if that's what you are looking for, then you are taking some degree of risk. sure.
Cmon man, you knew exactly what I meant, if they look authentic, feel authentic and smell authentic, then they're authentic (in my eyes), with or without a receipt.

If you're lucky enough to have connects that can get you whatever pair you want, whenever you want, for retail, with a receipt, and you've never bought a pair of shoes WITHOUT a receipt, then you're damn lucky. For us normal people, that just isn't possible. Life gets in the way, shoes don't make it to local stores, ect ect. As long as they're made correctly, from the right molds and materials, in the right box with the right inner tag, I'm happy. At the end of the day, to me, shoes are made to be worn, and I can't wear a receipt, so I could care less about a piece of paper.

Last edited:
How is this different from the other thread? As I said before if it can pass a Nike inspection and are made with the same materials by Nike laborers using the same equipment they are not fake by my books. If they cant pass inspection then they are fake.

I still havent bought any A or B grades, too expensive for an inferior product, especially after customs charges. If the price was right I would grab an A grade without hesitation

Last edited:
Lol, the salty stay salty, and keep protecting these counterfeiters.

for the record, little man: i have never purchase a pair of shoes from an early release store. not even once.

i have one pair of grey market shoes i bought several months after release (from taobao) simply because they never released in my country and i wasn't going to pay reseller prices. i wear them often.

i'm not salty at all.

i think people should stop giving their opinion about fakes, let people buy what they want. the fake/real talk will neer stop anyway, so why bother?

i think people should stop giving their opinion about fakes, let people buy what they want. the fake/real talk will never stop anyway, so why bother? and no i nevver bought shoes from any of these sites so im not tryin to assure myself loll

Never thought I would see so many NTers embrace buying fakes (non legit pairs) :smh: , fake it to you make it I guess.... I need a Louie belt that's not authorized by LV but made with the same materials and is possibly made in the same factory, why should I pay more for LV's stamp of approval since this is how things are now....

You guys gotta understand this is like if I took a burrito from moes (fake burritos comapred 2 chipotle) and took it to chipotle's (real burritos compared to moes) the employees would say its fake.

Same with these shoes if nike saw 'em they'd say the same no matter how good it may look to the real thing they just are not the same.

you need to stop talking about food, its just ridiculously stupid. just stop it

^lol at calling Chipotle a real burrito. You just killed your whole argument. Of course the creators will go out of their way to say it isnt real. If I bought a bunch of spare Nintendo parts. Made a makeshift super nintendo out of it and it played N64 games. Same goes with a computer. I can buy the same parts dell uses when they make theirs. Assemble it myself for much cheaper and download windows. Dell would say it is not a dell but if i loaded any computer program in it, it would work just as good

Last edited:
Cmon man, you knew exactly what I meant, if they look authentic, feel authentic and smell authentic, then they're authentic (in my eyes), with or without a receipt.
If you're lucky enough to have connects that can get you whatever pair you want, whenever you want, for retail, with a receipt, and you've never bought a pair of shoes WITHOUT a receipt, then you're damn lucky. For us normal people, that just isn't possible. Life gets in the way, shoes don't make it to local stores, ect ect. As long as they're made correctly, from the right molds and materials, in the right box with the right inner tag, I'm happy. At the end of the day, to me, shoes are made to be worn, and I can't wear a receipt, so I could care less about a piece of paper.

But, that's my point. Authentic is an absolute term - there's no mitigation possible. It's a yes or no question - not a good enough for me question.

If high quality replicas are good enough for you, that's okay. But, that doesn't mean you call them "authentic" as if they meet that definition. Some people use the term "authentic replica," even though that's the an oxymoron. But, if if you must use that term, then there you have it - authentic replicas are good enough for you. That's your decision, and it's no sweat of my back - I don't care how you spend your money. This is an issue of principle to me, that's all.

Mainly, i was "lucky" because I've been doing this for a long time. I don't have to deal with this madness and have no desire to. I haven't even tried to purchase an XI at retail since 2001, for example. It's harder nowadays. Back in the day, you didn't have to be a detective to buy sneakers.

How is this different from the other thread? As I said before if it can pass a Nike inspection and are made with the same materials by Nike laborers using the same equipment they are not fake by my books. If they cant pass inspection then they are fake.
I still havent bought any A or B grades, too expensive for an inferior product, especially after customs charges. If the price was right I would grab an A grade without hesitation

WTH do you mean - the pairs in question aren't produced by Nike so they never pass inspection - they never undergo Nike inspection... by definition.

once again ill just end this thread. i dont support or care about early release shoes, those who buy them, good for you.

if they are made in the same factory, same materials, same time as production, same everything, same detail as every single shoe made then how are they fake? someone explain that.

^lol at calling Chipotle a real burrito. You just killed your whole argument. Of course the creators will go out of their way to say it isnt real. If I bought a bunch of spare Nintendo parts. Made a makeshift super nintendo out of it and it played N64 games. Same goes with a computer. I can buy the same parts dell uses when they make theirs. Assemble it myself for much cheaper and download windows. Dell would say it is not a dell but if i loaded any computer program in it, it would work just as good

Right - you'd have a real computer, but you wouldn't have a Dell.

These shoes are real shoes - the have laces and fit on your feet and everything. They're just not Jordans.

once again ill just end this thread. i dont support or care about early release shoes, those who buy them, good for you.
if they are made in the same factory, same materials, same time as production, same everything, same detail as every single shoe made then how are they fake? someone explain that.

I've explained it a million freaking times. It's just not that simple!!

But, I'll ask you a reverse oversimplified question - if the products are authentic Jordans, then why is their production a criminal offense?

WTH do you mean - the pairs in question aren't produced by Nike so they never pass inspection - they never undergo Nike inspection... by definition.
Thank you for pointing out the obvious. What part of that sentence did you not understand? My guess is either the words IF or COULD.

IF I went out on a run I COULD beat my personal best record for miles ran. That does not imply I will ever go on that run

what do you mean its not that simple? thats how they are being made. in the factory just like others. its not like materials are being stolen and make in a make shift factory elsewhere... legit nike workers, nike factory, nike materials, shoes arent fake.

I've explained it a million freaking times. It's just not that simple!!
But, I'll ask you a reverse oversimplified question - if the products are authentic Jordans, then why is their production a criminal offense?
Again, only the distribution channel is fake. The shoe itself isnt. If it is made to the exact specifications that Nike would normally have it made with, and made with same materials and everything, I bet you could buy a "real" Jordan and return the "fake" straight to Nike and someone else will buy it and NEVER once be called out on it and even Nike wouldnt know.

As for the Dell example then according to your logic if I buy a Dell and replace the CPU with something a lot more powerful, I no longer have a dell, since I got the computer and replaced a part with another part that I didnt buy from Dell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom