East Coast NTers...First an Earthquake, now a Hurricane? Vol. Irene

Downtown Manhattan. Rainwater alone is starting to cause minor flooding south of the WTC near Battery Park. Bad news if theres a storm surge as well.
20kvcrl.jpg

1pcmfs.jpg

2py2mn7.jpg

Any reports of power outages in Manhattan? If that's the case I'm going to be screwed. Don't have any candles. I found a dead stock package of flashlight with batteries in my crib which was purchased from the +@#+%%@ chain store BRADLEES. If you are aware, that store has been gone for about 10 years now....the look on my face when I saw that Bradlees price tag.......

damn i'm supposed to be flying to NY on tuesday too. don't know if that's happening anymore..

wow those pics are crazy.. i wanna go to bed, but i cant, this weather channel has me going nuts. i feel that if i fall asleep i'm gonna miss some valuable info. lets see how things turn out.. good luck everyone.

Wind and rain getting worse by my house right now(Queens). This is the strongest the storms been tonight. Hopefully it doesn't get any worse. Stay safe everyone

Fulton st, downtown Manhattan. �Few hours ago. �Streets were few inches deep with water.  The tall buildings all around stopped the rain a little as well, was much stronger on the edge of the island

In CT here, wind and rain like crazy. Bunch of big trees around my house, praying Irene doesn't bring them down. Can't sleep at this point, hoping if I stay up long enough now I will end up passing out and missing the worst of it.

Stay safe fam

I guess I have been lucky so far. It just rained a little hard but have seen a lot worse in my area. This honestly didn't even feel like a hurricane. Oh well I'm happy it wasn't worse. I'm in Astoria so hopefully it remains like this until noon. Be safe everyone.

basement starting to flood... luckily it all runs toward a single ditch. i just have to keep dumping the water out. No more sleep for me.

Coming live from Times Square... Ain't **%* happening. Stuck at work for the weekend.. there was some heavy rain earlier.. but at this moment.. just some constant downfall, nothing severe though.....

eye's starting to break up, but it's still real windy out. trees are swaying like crazy around me

one more hour and i think we'll be past the worst of this storm

real surprised i've had no power outages except for like 2 mins

Originally Posted by itz rOLLi

basement starting to flood... luckily it all runs toward a single ditch. i just have to keep dumping the water out. No more sleep for me.

damb

Honestly, the storm in my area was a bust.
I know its still the beginning of the worst, but I cant even hear the wind anymore. It doesnt even look too too bad on TV. Just a few floods here and there, and some heavy rain and wind. Not as serious as everyone thought it would be. None of my friends spread throughout the 5 boroughs have lost their power or anything. A few downed trees. Flooding in LI is pretty serious though.

Yes, better safe than sorry. But still, overhyped to the max.

I just thank god my power didn't go out. Bge ftw. Good luck ny. It's yalls turn. its still raining here so ill be still chilling in the house...this may be far fetched but they said over a million ppl in the Dmv are without power.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

LMAO at Spidey's exit....dude just out there running around in a hurricane on some daily jog steez.  
laugh.gif

That cracked me up the most.

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

I just thank god my power didn't go out. Bge ftw. Good luck ny. It's yalls turn. its still raining here so ill be still chilling in the house...this may be far fetched but they said over a million ppl in the Dmv are without power.
My power went out when it was LIGHT rain, but came back during the more "intense" part lol. I know many people who literally live 4-5 minutes away who don't have any power so I don't think the million is overly-exaggerated. Plus, considering how long it usually takes dominion power to repair service, I believe it. 

btw, like others have mentioned, I was a little disappointed about the storm. There was so much hype,but in the end, we've had rain showers more intense that what we got (Tysons Corner/Oakton) area.  

Back
Top Bottom