karlbacardi - Thanks.

Originally Posted by karlbacardi

Originally Posted by larrivee7

Originally Posted by denverairforce

Originally Posted by karlbacardi

great deal guys...

here's mine

got this for $20
pic isn't showing, and what is up with your sig?  why do you have AIRMAXFAM and then have it crossed out??
Bro its not crossed out. i'm feel it that way. and the picture was fix.
wink.gif
it was crossed out before.  you shouldn't really even have that in your sig unless you're actually part of team AM fam, and I'm 99.9% sure you are not. 

eek.gif
at the price of those XVIII's, I've noticed the price for 18's have gone up. But I never seen a pair go for that much, the black/royal usually fetches for around $200 if DS.

that xviii auction was an anomaly. I wouldn't expect that you can regularly sell those for a price like that. if you look at the bids, it was moistly between 2 or 3 people, all with pretty low feedback numbers. not saying there was shill bidding, but possibly just a couple dudes who don't really know much about the normal value of those kicks and got into a bidding war.

Originally Posted by denverairforce

that xviii auction was an anomaly. I wouldn't expect that you can regularly sell those for a price like that. if you look at the bids, it was moistly between 2 or 3 people, all with pretty low feedback numbers. not saying there was shill bidding, but possibly just a couple dudes who don't really know much about the normal value of those kicks and got into a bidding war.
That's what I was thinking.  Anyone who really knows kicks could find these at a WAY cheaper price.  Not to mention there was a NDS pair for the same size with a BIN around $100 I think.  I'm sure we have all been in those heated bid wars before though 
roll.gif

My most recent "steals"

Air Tech II's DS for $45 shipped

DS OG Royal Foams, No OG box $200 shipped

OG VI's.  Uppers are a little beat, got them to try to restore. No og box.  51 shipped

DS XI Bred Retro, with box.  $190 shipped
pimp.gif

DS OG Concords, Soles are off because Im seaglowing so I put bottles to hold them on for pics, with OG box.  Only $200 Shipped
smokin.gif

And probably my biggest steal this month, NDS OG X's with toe cap (supposedly rare but every pair I've seen has them).  With OG box.  Could pass for DS.  ONLY 113!

**Bonus**

Good steals everyone else.  LOL at the "bow" jacksons!  Thats a damn good steal on those.  Keep it up everyone!

"supposedly rare but every pair I've seen has them"

Not rare at all. People mis-understand what MJ meant and also they believe Gentry's lies.  Nice pickups.  Wish I wore size 8.

Originally Posted by mj234eva

"supposedly rare but every pair I've seen has them"

Not rare at all. People mis-understand what MJ meant and also they believe Gentry's lies.  Nice pickups.  Wish I wore size 8.

Thanks for clearing that up.  I always read (on here a few times) the toe cap ones were "limited to 3000" which I didn't think was right because I have never seen a pair of OG's without the toecap, unless you consider the city series OG's but I personally don't.  What were the Gentry lies, if you don't mind explaining?  I would imagine it has something to do with the toebox cap.

City series Xs were a limited release...what do you mean you "personally" don't consider them limited? Btw they only released in mens sizes...sz 6.5 being the smallest which was adult size back then, at least for Jordans.

But in regards to the Steel Xs, there's a video where Gentry talks about them being limited or w/e some bs...it is true tho that MJ didn't like the toe cap. They were already in stores and selling....I was in 8th grade when those came out and everyone had them. Also consider they that come out in ALL sizes. MJ speaks about the Steels in his book "Driven from Within" I don't have the direct quote but he speaks about them replacing the toe cap with a clean toe look. I comprehend that to mean all pairs AFTER the Steels would feature a clean toe. For adult size pair tho. Because sizes BG and below(I think baby sizes have it) for the Powders and Shadows feature the toe cap. If you have seen the sample OG Shadows, they feature the toe cap but of course the released pairs do not. So that's when the change happened and NOT with the Steels. Like I've said to people over and over again...show me your OG Steel Xs without the toe cap.

Back
Top Bottom