Ebay buyer trying to claim that the shoes he won are fake, how can I prove legit?

sounds like too much trouble and if the buyer wants to be a douche then just get your shoes back and refund him his money.

Originally Posted by raffstyleXX

Worst is buyer will send a FAKE shoe back to you (not the same shoe you sold/shipped to the buyer). then you still need to refund the money.
wow, never thought of that...def grimy

Worst is buyer will send a FAKE shoe back to you (not the same shoe you sold/shipped to the buyer). then you still need to refund the money.
wow, never thought of that...def grimy

The thing that sucks about the whole refunding thing are the fees. I Just sold my DS Concords the other day and the ending fee was $32 from ebay, $12 from paypal, and shipping fees went up as of the 1st of the year so it cost me $23 thru ups to ship to from California to New York, where prior it was about $13 to $15.  Good luck with this one.  Try to prove they are real cause it seems its a lose-lose situation for you regardless.  In a case were your refunding for a sale, does ebay reimburse you back for the ending fees?

The thing that sucks about the whole refunding thing are the fees. I Just sold my DS Concords the other day and the ending fee was $32 from ebay, $12 from paypal, and shipping fees went up as of the 1st of the year so it cost me $23 thru ups to ship to from California to New York, where prior it was about $13 to $15.  Good luck with this one.  Try to prove they are real cause it seems its a lose-lose situation for you regardless.  In a case were your refunding for a sale, does ebay reimburse you back for the ending fees?

Originally Posted by thacamel

yeah, but not only would I be out the fees, I would be out the cost of shipping the shoes to him also

I cant help with you the shipping fees, those are sunk cost.  Its the risk you take with ebay.

However, final value fee can be avoided, if you cancel transaction and buyer agrees to it.  I dont see why he wouldnt agree to it, since he wants his money back.  Do this after you receive the shoes, and issue a refund.

Originally Posted by thacamel

yeah, but not only would I be out the fees, I would be out the cost of shipping the shoes to him also

I cant help with you the shipping fees, those are sunk cost.  Its the risk you take with ebay.

However, final value fee can be avoided, if you cancel transaction and buyer agrees to it.  I dont see why he wouldnt agree to it, since he wants his money back.  Do this after you receive the shoes, and issue a refund.

Just call up Paypal and explain. If that doesn't work tell him to send you the shoes back. If he try to scam you , just let him know you have his address if you're about that life

Just call up Paypal and explain. If that doesn't work tell him to send you the shoes back. If he try to scam you , just let him know you have his address if you're about that life

I have a feeling he will do this

Originally Posted by Killajay209

if he does that do not take that.  take him to court or whatever you have/can do to get justice.

Originally Posted by Killajay209

if he does that do not take that.  take him to court or whatever you have/can do to get justice.

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

since the buyer isn't satisfied with the shoes since they claim they are fake, just ask them to return the shoes. after the shoes are returned you can give the person a full refund. this will probably be the only way you are able to satisfy the buyer and can get back your shoes that are "fakes" in their opinion. only thing that sucks is your out with the ebay fees for the auction. hope it goes well for you. i had to do something similar on ebay because the seller didn't fully disclose the true condition on some 2001 space jams. said they were a good 'restoration project' but didn't think it was worth mentioning there was midsole separation on both shoes.

be careful i saw some stuff go down where the shoes got returned fakes ... even though you sent real pair...

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

since the buyer isn't satisfied with the shoes since they claim they are fake, just ask them to return the shoes. after the shoes are returned you can give the person a full refund. this will probably be the only way you are able to satisfy the buyer and can get back your shoes that are "fakes" in their opinion. only thing that sucks is your out with the ebay fees for the auction. hope it goes well for you. i had to do something similar on ebay because the seller didn't fully disclose the true condition on some 2001 space jams. said they were a good 'restoration project' but didn't think it was worth mentioning there was midsole separation on both shoes.

be careful i saw some stuff go down where the shoes got returned fakes ... even though you sent real pair...

Yup. I never sell on eBay anymore. I've been on both sides of getting shafted, but it's a buyer's market and they will pull some grimey shady stuff on there. You'd be very surprised.

One time I bought a "Brand New In Box" car alarm and was sent a car alarm pulled from someone's car. Wires all over the place, a big box of junk. I took pictures, sent them to Paypal/eBay and they told me to ship the stuff back and scan proof of shipment. I did, and they refunded me my money right on the spot. The seller complained saying he never sent that box of junk, and it was BS. I still got my money back. (I did not scam this dude one bit, he scammed me and he got hit for it). He then sent me that box back right away. I took pics of it, sent it to Paypal and they said to send it back again. They didn't ask for proof of that and since I already got my refund, I sold that used car alarm on eBay for $200. Lol.

Another time I sold a pair of J's and the same situation. Buyer claimed they were fake, etc etc. He thought he was slick, except for the fact that I always take pics of the shoes that go in the box when I sell along with the packing label together. Paypal still gave the buyer the benefit of the doubt. He sent me back fake shoes. I complained complained complained and complained to eBay/Paypal, but they still sided with the buyer. The only thing that saved me was the fact that on My pair of Metallic V's, there was the 23 stitched on them. His fake pair did not have the 23 stitched on the side. I took pics of the fake pair, with the proof of my pair that I sent and other pics from my listing, and they finally gave me back the money from the buyer.

One note about Paypal. If you buy something and you get scammed. Even if Paypal approves your complaint, if the scammer doesn't have any money in their account, Paypal will not give you any money back. I bought a DMP pack off someone for $550, and they never sent it. I filed and I only got back $200 because that's all he had in his account. 3 months later I mysteriously got back the other $350. I called and asked, and they said the scammer finally had a balance in his Paypal account so I could get my money back.

Lesson learned: Do not buy from people you can't trust via Paypal. I always ask for a phone number and other personal contact info so I can "hunt" someone down if some BS goes on.

Good luck OP, doesn't look too good for you.

Yup. I never sell on eBay anymore. I've been on both sides of getting shafted, but it's a buyer's market and they will pull some grimey shady stuff on there. You'd be very surprised.

One time I bought a "Brand New In Box" car alarm and was sent a car alarm pulled from someone's car. Wires all over the place, a big box of junk. I took pictures, sent them to Paypal/eBay and they told me to ship the stuff back and scan proof of shipment. I did, and they refunded me my money right on the spot. The seller complained saying he never sent that box of junk, and it was BS. I still got my money back. (I did not scam this dude one bit, he scammed me and he got hit for it). He then sent me that box back right away. I took pics of it, sent it to Paypal and they said to send it back again. They didn't ask for proof of that and since I already got my refund, I sold that used car alarm on eBay for $200. Lol.

Another time I sold a pair of J's and the same situation. Buyer claimed they were fake, etc etc. He thought he was slick, except for the fact that I always take pics of the shoes that go in the box when I sell along with the packing label together. Paypal still gave the buyer the benefit of the doubt. He sent me back fake shoes. I complained complained complained and complained to eBay/Paypal, but they still sided with the buyer. The only thing that saved me was the fact that on My pair of Metallic V's, there was the 23 stitched on them. His fake pair did not have the 23 stitched on the side. I took pics of the fake pair, with the proof of my pair that I sent and other pics from my listing, and they finally gave me back the money from the buyer.

One note about Paypal. If you buy something and you get scammed. Even if Paypal approves your complaint, if the scammer doesn't have any money in their account, Paypal will not give you any money back. I bought a DMP pack off someone for $550, and they never sent it. I filed and I only got back $200 because that's all he had in his account. 3 months later I mysteriously got back the other $350. I called and asked, and they said the scammer finally had a balance in his Paypal account so I could get my money back.

Lesson learned: Do not buy from people you can't trust via Paypal. I always ask for a phone number and other personal contact info so I can "hunt" someone down if some BS goes on.

Good luck OP, doesn't look too good for you.

Back
Top Bottom