eBay Buyer Trying To Scam Me **UPDATE PG 4**

Beruseruku Desu

Supporter
tl;dr

sold some yeezys for $400.
shipped via USPS with tracking (no signature)
seller takes pics of box with a huge hole saying that USPS delivered it like that and the shoes were missing.

I find this highly unbelievable because no USPS driver will leave a box that has a huge hole in it with the package clearly missing.
seller's grammar is also terrible so I can tell hes an idiot.

Hes claiming for a full refund/return even though I listed them as no returnable. also, wtf can he return when he doesnt even have the shoes (so he claims). Im pretty sure hes scamming me.

what should I do?

Last edited:
I find this highly unbelievable because no USPS driver will leave a box that has a huge hole in it with the package clearly missing.
seller's grammar is also terrible so I an tell hes an idiot.

He claiming for a full refund/return even though I listed them as no returnable. also, wtf can he return when he doesnt even have the shoes (so he claims). Im pretty sure hes scamming me.

what should I do?
Fix them typo’s
EDF39828-1313-4C5F-A585-749918D7DF2C.jpeg

The fact you didn’t ship using a signature confirmation will most likely cause you to lose your battle with eBay/PayPal. Doesn’t eBay have a policy that if the item is above $250 a signature is required?

Similar thing happened to me recently.

Dude said shoes never arrived and filed a case
I had tracking and the delivery was confirmed.

EBay said I'm good
Didn't have to refund dude

But for real why didn’t you use stockx, goat, mercari etc?

Given the customer base (kids, teenagers, younger cats more on the immature side with ****** buying habits) combined with less than ideal seller protection, I stopped selling sneakers on eBay years ago. Too many wishy washy, impulsive problematic buyers. Never had those problems on that level with anything else I sold, but sneakers was just a hassle in terms of dealing with ****** buyers. Especially when I would sell used stuff, no matter how transparent I’d be, and how many pics I’d provide it would always be issues.

If I were to sell again I’d probably go the GOAT or Stockx route.

I charge extra for shipping and pay for signature confirmation and additional insurance on expensivenes items.

From what I've seen, eBay will typically side with the buyer. I'm also pretty sure eBay has a money back guarantee for buyers, so you can't claim "no returns".

selling used clothes or shoes you gonna get the worst buyers. thats how it is on any platform, idk what it is but it not a pleasant experience.

I’ve come to realize that the hard way. I’ll be harsh on my descriptions so that the stuff is in better condition than what it’s listed as. But used stuff brings out the worst buyers. Even when stuff is priced reasonable.

Just because something is lightly used doesn’t mean I’m going to sell it for 90% off the retail price lol.

Exact same thing happened to me on some cool greys back in the day that I actually sold on here :smh:

Was like an orange sticker saying the package is damaged . Sent PayPal pic of the receipt showing that the package had weight and couldn’t of been empty

They sided with them anyway . Was a lesson for me to NEVER ship without insurance / signature

Back
Top Bottom