eBay Buyer Trying To Scam Me **UPDATE PG 4**

Off topic and I hope op gets it sorted out

But is mercari better than eBay?

Getting tired of mercari bs

Real answer no, eBay has bigger audience, people pay a few dollars more...but it has more fees

But for me yes: depends what you sell, I sell video games. Got 300 transactions all 5 stars smooth sailing. I can charge what the average sold rate is on eBay and people will pay that on mercari so for me it’s just as good and they only charge 10%.

I’ve sold 1 pair of shoes on mercari and I got the same type of buyers everyone hates. Dudes was low balling me, some was saying weird offers. Some was telling me about their bills lol I ended up selling them to some kid who was haggling with me back n forth in the end he was cool cause he left feedback right away. But I was worried he’d scam honestly.

Signature confirmation is not necessary for anything under 750 lotta misinformation in here

It cost like $2-$3 why wouldn’t you do it.

If the buyer signs he got it, in this case I feel he was robbed. But if It had signature confirmation there would be no way for someone to punch a hole in them n steal them.

It cost like $2-$3 why wouldn’t you do it.

If the buyer signs he got it, in this case I feel he was robbed. But if It had signature confirmation there would be no way for someone to punch a hole in them n steal them.
It’s a waste of money if you sell hundreds of items. Plus I’ve had ppl use signature and had them just drop it in front of my door

Here are eBay’s rules. If tracking shows delivered and tracking is under 750, signature is not necessary. So if the buyer says they didn’t receive it and tracking shows delivered then you’re good. Now them saying they received a different item or nothing was in the box is a different discussion

Not adding a few dollars to get sig confirmation solely for the piece of mind is mind boggling to me.

Seriously, just include it as part of the shipping fees for the buyer.

Having learned from what happened to people online, when I sold some high priced audio equipment on ebay, I always went to a notary public by my apt and had them sign a letter saying what I sold, what condition it was in and that they saw me box it up and that it was left in their office sealed because a scheduled pickup from there occurred. Cost me about 30 bux every time I went, but it was worth it.

I had one buyer try to pull a fast one saying it was all scratched up. Waited for the case to start and ebay to contact me, I submitted the scanned copy of the letter and ebay sided with me. That was the last time I ever sold anything on ebay. I cant stand when people do stuff like that.

And I tell you what even though I had that letter, I didnt think ebay would side with me with all the stories I read on how they side with the buyer.

The fact you didn’t ship using a signature confirmation will most likely cause you to lose your battle with eBay/PayPal. Doesn’t eBay have a policy that if the item is above $250 a signature is required?
no, that ended years ago. its $750 and higher now

if USPS delivered it with a hole, it would have a sticker or notice FYI

hes lying and tell him you will report him for mail fraud and have an invesitgation filed. I would call his post office and inquire, they will tell you

Signature confirmation is not necessary for anything under 750 lotta misinformation in here
yea but if he had to sign for it, he still would have tried to scam but wouldn't be able to use the hole in the box trick

prob woulda said the shoes were missing :lol: but then again who signs for a light package or doesn't notice right away

kids these days are idiots man

when I sell online which is rarely, I suck it up pay the extra $3-5 dollars and get sig on anything over $300 just for peace of mind

I usually add the signature when its over $300 or $400 cause it’s so cheap. I rarely add the insurance cause that **** is a scam. Post Office or UPS not gonna admit to being in the wrong.

I also look up the address and see where the buyer lives before I ship.

Did the guy have good feedback?

Back
Top Bottom