Ebay Guaranteed Returns..... EBAY IS DEAD

Just to clarify... this "guaranteed returns" thing is an option for sellers right now. It is not required. You can still specify "no returns accepted" on any/all of your listings.

Of course, even with "no returns", you are still subject to the potential claims that people can file (as has been talked about already). If the buyer files/wins an "item not as described" claim, they are technically on the hook for the return shipping (although the seller has to refund the whole original purchase price, including original shipping).

The whole "guaranteed returns" thing just makes it way too easy for buyers to send stuff back. It's just a potential nightmare for small sellers... and it's just really sad that Ebay doesn't understand/care at all about the group that made them what they are. On top of that, Ebay only gives seller discounts to those sellers who offer returns (among all of the other "top-rated seller" requirements).

the thing is, ebay is not dead (though i agree will most of the points people are making in here)

the past couple of years, i've seen all types of folks (as buyers) using ebay; folks that never would have used such a site in the recent past (or any online site for that matter)

was on the golf course a week ago (and was complaining as a seller about ebay) & some elderly dude turned to me and said he just bought this new club off ebay! these types almost always exclusively buy retail (ebay's act as a standard retailer is working)

spoke to an accountant about some of this & he said ebay/paypal is practicing some shady business (& neither is a bank, have the legal capacity of a bank or are insured as a bank must be)

On top of that, Ebay only gives seller discounts to those sellers who offer returns (among all of the other "top-rated seller" requirements).

yep, this is what I hate. in order for you to be considered a "power seller" you have to offer some kind of return

All of that IMO is not worth the trouble. And consignment shops are just as bad as eBay price wise
Yeah, cause peace of mind with your money is worth nothing right?

Flightclub sells at a price point that WILL get you market price. i.e. Yeezys go for 2k on ebay, they charge $2500. In the end, you get $2000 without having to ship or take on the liability of getting charge backs or scammed.

Yeah, not worth it all.

^ have you tried selling through flight club or anything? Their service is beyond horrible buying or selling. If you're that paranoid about selling shoes online, DON'T. Sell in person if you want peace of mind.

Last edited:
^ have you tried selling through flight club or anything? Their service is beyond horrible buying or selling. If you're that paranoid about selling shoes online, DON'T. Sell in person if you want peace of mind.
Exclusively sell through FC. FCLA must take on a lot of flack from NY cause Ricky, Shawn, Chucky and the rest of the team at FCLA are friendly and greet you by name if you make the effort to build relationships.

It's not about paranoia. It's a hassle to have to make new pp accounts when someone files a charge back that PP will rule in the favor of the buyer.

Sell in person? I sell on CL all the time and 90% of the time you deal with flakes.

You sound like a bitter ex. Consignment shops take the headache out of selling high priced sneakers and sneakers in general.

Exclusively sell through FC. FCLA must take on a lot of flack from NY cause Ricky, Shawn, Chucky and the rest of the team at FCLA are friendly and greet you by name if you make the effort to build relationships.

It's not about paranoia. It's a hassle to have to make new pp accounts when someone files a charge back that PP will rule in the favor of the buyer.

Sell in person? I sell on CL all the time and 90% of the time you deal with flakes.

You sound like a bitter ex. Consignment shops take the headache out of selling high priced sneakers and sneakers in general.
all your doing is repeating whats already been said in here. take that nub negativity outta here. with a join date of pretty much yesterday, i dont take anything that you say seriously

you sound like another nub trying too hard to be cool/funny.

Last edited:
Just to clarify... this "guaranteed returns" thing is an option for sellers right now. It is not required. You can still specify "no returns accepted" on any/all of your listings.

Thanks you. I honestly cant believe there is 2 pages of nonsense spewing misinformation. This is a program you can opt into/out of and its geared more towards places/seller/online stores who want to emulate a brick and mortar retailer and expand their customer base to those who may be unsure about the product they are looking for and this alleviates their fears and potentially gains the seller a customer they wouldnt get without this program.

This is no difgferent than eBay's international shipping program (you ship to ebay facility and Ebay ships it internationally to the buyers and takes care of everything else ie customs forms and duties) its to help potentially bring in more buyers for a seller's listings. The new "returns" programs is a choice to join it and its not geared towards most NTers selling a handful of kicks every once and a while.

Ebay sucks for seller we know but this isnt something as bad as most are making it out to be and hopefully the OP will changehis initial post so people get the actual truth behind this program instead of the out of context bit OP posted.

Last edited:
^ PayPal=eBay. PayPal is 100% mark as item not as described = refund no questions asked. This new "program" is just justification for what they already do. What are you talking about? Part of the program or not against your will a refund will be given to the buyer

Last edited:
most sellers like me and ppl on NT that dont sell too often will be turned away by this but there are still a large number of ebay stores that will still continue to sell becaue of this.

i stopped using ebay months ago because of all the horror stories ive heard plus they take so much money for seller fees im better off selling on CL

most sellers like me and ppl on NT that dont sell too often will be turned away by this but there are still a large number of ebay stores that will still continue to sell becaue of this.

i stopped using ebay months ago because of all the horror stories ive heard plus they take so much money for seller fees im better off selling on CL
Yup..

There is no other place like ebay or amazon who will give you the kind of traffic to our product. oh, and Amazon buyers are much worse.

Peep Croatianstyle, dude is eating well off ebay..
nthat.gif

90k+ monthly in ebay sales. Below is a 3 month history view on his sales.

9244_Screen_Shot_2013-04-20_at_12_02_59_PM.png

the thing is, ebay is not dead (though i agree will most of the points people are making in here)

the past couple of years, i've seen all types of folks (as buyers) using ebay; folks that never would have used such a site in the recent past (or any online site for that matter)

was on the golf course a week ago (and was complaining as a seller about ebay) & some elderly dude turned to me and said he just bought this new club off ebay! these types almost always exclusively buy retail (ebay's act as a standard retailer is working)

spoke to an accountant about some of this & he said ebay/paypal is practicing some shady business (& neither is a bank, have the legal capacity of a bank or are insured as a bank must be)

Regarding your last part. I had a fraudulent chargeback placed against me for $800 on my old ebay account in 06. Once I lost it I just opened a new bank account and made a new Paypal and eBay. They took me to collections but it can't affect your credit.

I got my last Paypal shut down last year over a fraud chargeback as well. I told the Paypal rep on the phone I wasn't going to pay money back for someone else's fraud activity and to just send me to collections because I know it won't affect me credit.

Made a new bank accout/ and new eBay and PayPal and this ones been good so far.

^^ man, if I went through all that I'd never open an account on eBay or PayPal again. Matter if fact, when my 30 days passes, in closing my accounts

all your doing is repeating whats already been said in here. take that nub negativity outta here. with a join date of pretty much yesterday, i dont take anything that you say seriously

you sound like another nub trying too hard to be cool/funny.
Ahh, the good ole "look at join date" lame defense.

If I am a "nub" then you must be an OG who is trying TOOO hard to sound intelligent.

You said consignments weren't worth the "trouble" in your "opinion"

You have yet to provide anything that would support your opinion.

So with that said, I DONT TAKE ANYTHING YOU TYPE SERIOUSLY.

Last edited:
^^ lol more of that nub mentality. Take a step back and look at yourself. Why are you mad? Why is your butt so hurt? What are you arguing about? What do you have to gain by arguing this? Do I care what you have to say?

Away with you now

Last edited:
^^ lol more of that nub mentality. Take a step back and look at yourself. Why are you mad? Why is your butt so hurt? What are you arguing about? What do you have to gain by arguing this? Do I care what you have to say?

Away with you now
Obviously you do since you keep on replying.  What is a "nub". You're mad corny. Who is mad? This is the internet. I dont have emotions on a message board unlike yourself...I can see the estrogen in your key strokes.

Away with you now.

Actually contributing to this thread...I'd say for all sellers to do consignment or sell via CL/FB/IG/Twitter. eBay is only for powersellers and corporations. Wait till next year when they start taxing sales on eBay and then most will flee.

trunks you obviously didnt read the link someone else posted. Someone was foreced into the program even when they decided they did NOT want to be part of it..

it will be mandatory soon enough. just watch. Might not be for small time sellers but bigger sellers will hate this, not sure how many we have here but just letting people know.

Quick question.

I sold some virtual coins off of Madden for $75. (MUT If anyone knows what im talkin about)

Dude sends me a message with his gamertag, I add him on xbox live then he sends me a message telling me which card to buy for the said amount of coins. I buy the card. I also recorded everything on my phone for proof.

He messages me later that day saying he is ready to receive the coins im like wtf we just did the deal bro he doesnt message me back. This was about two days ago.

Yesterday he ssends me a message saying he didnt receive the coins he paid for again i send him message saying the deal is done i have proof bla blah. By this point i already know hes gonna try and scam me.

This morning i get a message that this same listing  for the coins has been removed by ebay for copyright violation. How is that possible? the deal was already done and he had already paid? Whats this mean? Like its dissapered from my "sold" tab.

He also opened up a case this morning and is asking for a refund.

Has anyone had any experience with something like this?

eBay doesn't allow people to sell most digital goods. Pretty much impossible to track and legal issues (intellectual property)

You got hustled. He gets coins and his money back

Last edited:
Naw get this. I sold 2004 Jordan vii's olys for 235. Dude pays me and gets them. He later send me a message that for what he paid he expected more and wants a refund.... What??? We go back and forth and I end up just giving him 20 bucks just to shut up and keep them. It would of cost me just as much to pay for his shipping, selling them again, and shipping them again. I am DONE with eBay and all othe online market places.

Craigslist is way better then ebay. Never had a bad transaction and I have done close to 100

ebay is ridiculous. i just need to unload a ton of shoes and will try to do so as quick as possible before this seemingly goes into effect. ive been lucky with good buyers but you never know.

its a bloody monopoly.

Help me out please. I sold a pretty expensive pair of shoes to a person with 300 + feedbacks at 100% Now there feedback is showing up as private? What does this mean? Like seriously am i gonna be screwed now. Any help is appreciated thanks

Back
Top Bottom