Ebay Guaranteed Returns..... EBAY IS DEAD

eBay/PayPal can be a joke at times. I've avoided selling stuff like sneakers which tend to have a younger more irresponsible audience on there for that very reason.

I've sold so much stuff on eBay over the years, sneakers were the only problematic item I've ever listed.

Last year I listed some Royal foamposites from 2007. The soles were starting to separate so I decided to sell them. I made it explicitly clear in the description about the soles separating, put in the description that they were bidding fully aware of the issue with the soles and that all sales were final and buyers remorse wasn't an excuse.

Some dude bought them and as soon as he got them, complained about the sole separation. Demanded a $50 partial refund to keep them or a full refund. I told them that's not how it works and he filed a claim. I did everything to cover myself in terms of responding to eBay/PayPal, but I did a little work on my end as well. He made the mistake of having the email for his PayPal also be the email for his Facebook. I found out where he worked and where his mom and wife worked.

I called his job up telling him that he could cancel the claim and never hear from me again, or I was going get him fired from his job and speak to his superiors about the fraud he was commiting and I would press charges against him. He seemed legitimately shook up that I was able to find out where he worked. He reluctantly cancelled the claim but I could tell he was pissed off to do it.
laugh.gif

Ideally you want to use Bitcoin for any online transactions as a seller because the payment is completely irreversible but unfortunately not everyone uses Bitcoin or even knows what it is and how it works.

Any scammer who knows what they're doing can win a Paypal chargeback claim virtually guaranteed.

:lol:
Ideally you want to use Bitcoin for any online transactions as a seller because the payment is completely irreversible but unfortunately not everyone uses Bitcoin or even knows what it is and how it works.
Any scammer who knows what they're doing can win a Paypal chargeback claim virtually guaranteed.
are you serious? With no buyer protection ain't nobody trying to pay for things outside of using PayPal for online transactions. Sucks, but it is what it is currently

This ain't an eBay sales thread, this an eBay complaint thread :rofl:

This ain't an eBay sales thread, this an eBay complaint thread
roll.gif
Just wanted to be the odd ball in this thread to side with ebay for once I guess. It works, but you have to know the ins n outs with stealth accounts.

The only time I had a problem with a buyer is if he claimed the item wasn't received but shows delivered. By then, monies are not held, but released. 

eBay/PayPal can be a joke at times. I've avoided selling stuff like sneakers which tend to have a younger more irresponsible audience on there for that very reason.

I've sold so much stuff on eBay over the years, sneakers were the only problematic item I've ever listed.

Last year I listed some Royal foamposites from 2007. The soles were starting to separate so I decided to sell them. I made it explicitly clear in the description about the soles separating, put in the description that they were bidding fully aware of the issue with the soles and that all sales were final and buyers remorse wasn't an excuse.

Some dude bought them and as soon as he got them, complained about the sole separation. Demanded a $50 partial refund to keep them or a full refund. I told them that's not how it works and he filed a claim. I did everything to cover myself in terms of responding to eBay/PayPal, but I did a little work on my end as well. He made the mistake of having the email for his PayPal also be the email for his Facebook. I found out where he worked and where his mom and wife worked.

I called his job up telling him that he could cancel the claim and never hear from me again, or I was going get him fired from his job and speak to his superiors about the fraud he was commiting and I would press charges against him. He seemed legitimately shook up that I was able to find out where he worked. He reluctantly cancelled the claim but I could tell he was pissed off to do it.
Good job. I had a similar experience. Paypal ruled in my favor but the headache it caused was enough for me to decide to no longer sell sneakers through ebay/paypal.

Snitch on him anyway

f these people

Back
Top Bottom