Ebay Guaranteed Returns..... EBAY IS DEAD

Help me out please. I sold a pretty expensive pair of shoes to a person with 300 + feedbacks at 100% Now there feedback is showing up as private? What does this mean? Like seriously am i gonna be screwed now. Any help is appreciated thanks

means nothing, you are able to put your feedback on private..

i used to do it all the time :lol:

I have a question i want to end some of my listings they are buy it now , is ebay going to give me some kind of fee?

I have a question i want to end some of my listings they are buy it now , is ebay going to give me some kind of fee?

Yes. Unfortunately ebay will charge you the final value fee based on your bin price. You get to end 1 listing free every year so I'd suggest ending one with the highest bin price and letting the rest run.

Let me tell you about my recent Seller nightmare. I sold a Jordan 12 alternate red colorway from NDC. The buyer wants to return it because he "doesn't like it." For explanation, he put "low on fund, need to repair car, just took off the laces." He is returning a DS shoes because of buyer's remorse. He opened a claim in eBay with these explanation and eBay rep still sided with him and wanted me to give him refund. I told the eBay that buyer has to prove it is still DS, otherwise I am stuck with a shoe that this dipsh*t stunted in for two weeks and gets his money back. I email the buyer to send me the bottom of the shoes because there is no way to keep white sole 100% clean after wearing. Big surprise--no response. I called eBay and they are still telling me to give him refund.

Is eBay a sick joke?

The problem is you guys are selling products to mostly teens/young adults who dont care. "i need to return a pair of shoes due to car repairs" smh

I've luckily had almost 300 easy transactions on eBay. I've won 3 claims too.

The problem is you guys are selling products to mostly teens/young adults who dont care. "i need to return a pair of shoes due to car repairs" smh

:smh: :lol:

no wonder why nike killed da return program...this is why we cant have nice things.

Let me tell you about my recent Seller nightmare. I sold a Jordan 12 alternate red colorway from NDC. The buyer wants to return it because he "doesn't like it." For explanation, he put "low on fund, need to repair car, just took off the laces." He is returning a DS shoes because of buyer's remorse. He opened a claim in eBay with these explanation and eBay rep still sided with him and wanted me to give him refund. I told the eBay that buyer has to prove it is still DS, otherwise I am stuck with a shoe that this dipsh*t stunted in for two weeks and gets his money back. I email the buyer to send me the bottom of the shoes because there is no way to keep white sole 100% clean after wearing. Big surprise--no response. I called eBay and they are still telling me to give him refund.

Is eBay a sick joke?

So wait, he opened an item not as described case? Or was it a return request? The only way that you HAVE TO accept a return is if its not as described. Of course if you call ebay they're gonna tell you to let him return it but that doesnt mean you have to do it. If this is simply a returnreturn request and its not for 'item not as described' theres an option to decline the return. If it is an item not as described case and he left thise comments as the reason and didnt say anything about the item description you will easily win the case regardless of ebays suggestion.

I make 95% of my sales on Craiglist nowadays, got really annoyed with giving PayPal and eBay their cut. And as far as buyer's remorse, I use a throwaway email/phone number on CL 
laugh.gif

Alright.... So I got a situation. Maybe y'all can help.

Cracked my phone screen. Went to eBay.
Listing says it's coming with Glass and LCD and ALL TOOLS to do the install. Everything was good except it didn't come with all the tools. Came with some. NOT ALL... Ones missing were needed to do the screen swap. Messaged seller. No response. (24 Hours)
Had to go to a repair place to see if they would just swap the screen for me. They said yes. Cost me $30.
Not looking for a full refund but I would like my $30 back cause I was gonna do it all myself.

Should I just take the L or open a dispute for $30?

Last edited:
Alright.... So I got a situation. Maybe y'all can help.

Cracked my phone screen. Went to eBay.
Listing says it's coming with Glass and LCD and ALL TOOLS to do the install. Everything was good except it didn't come with all the tools. Came with some. NOT ALL... Ones missing were needed to do the screen swap. Messaged seller. No response. (24 Hours)
Had to go to a repair place to see if they would just swap the screen for me. They said yes. Cost me $30.
Not looking for a full refund but I would like my $30 back cause I was gonna do it all myself.

Should I just take the L or open a dispute for $30?

You cant open a dispute for $30, its all or nothing. You can file a case but then your gonna have to return everything, but you've already installed it. I'd open a case and ask for a partial refund and see if the seller will accommodate you but i doubt hes willing to refund $30 for just a small missing tool. He'll probably try to send you the missing part or refund everything but like i said, you'd need to return everything in that case. You should have opened a case before doing the repair.

Last edited:
Yea some fool trying to get me with this. Sold a shirt and in the description wrote it fit smaller then an xl. He said item not as described and used that reason :smh:
And ebay allowing his *** to return :lol:
Let's see what he sends back, if I can sell the shirt real quick to overcome the negative balance in my paypal cool. Otherwise adios ebay. Also sold about 10 shoes this month so they ain't gonna receive the seller fees either if they think they can play me :lol:

Yea some fool trying to get me with this. Sold a shirt and in the description wrote it fit smaller then an xl. He said item not as described and used that reason :smh:
And ebay allowing his *** to return :lol:
Let's see what he sends back, if I can sell the shirt real quick to overcome the negative balance in my paypal cool. Otherwise adios ebay. Also sold about 10 shoes this month so they ain't gonna receive the seller fees either if they think they can play me :lol:

Again, if the shirt says XL, the fit of it is not enough to force a return. Ive had this happen multiple times and was always able to decline a return. Yall need to know how the system works before complaining about ebay all the dam time lol. They will always tell you to do whatever the buyer is asking just to avoid any bad buyer experiences but you dont have to do it.

Again, if the shirt says XL, the fit of it is not enough to force a return. Ive had this happen multiple times and was always able to decline a return. Yall need to know how the system works before complaining about ebay all the dam time lol. They will always tell you to do whatever the buyer is asking just to avoid any bad buyer experiences but you dont have to do it.
yes I agree, so I declined a return. He started a case and 10 minutes later ebay decided in his favor :smh:

yes I agree, so I declined a return. He started a case and 10 minutes later ebay decided in his favor :smh:

You gotta call them, never wait for their decision. I realize they make the decision pretty quickly but you should call before or immediately after declining the request. If i were you i would still call and let them know you described it properly and that it was in fact a size XL like you said. This same exact thing happened to me over sizing and i was told sizing wasnt a valid excuse for a case but they still decided against me. But because sizing isnt a valid complaint, i got the item returned AND ebay cashed me out the full amount. I got to keep the money and the item. Call them, but be nice and explain it calmly, dont be pissed off, that never works lol.

Edit: unless he claimed you actually sent him a size other than xl, then theres not much you can do. Unless you have messages where he talks about it just not fitting right as opposed to being an entirely different size theyll just take his word for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: alp
You gotta call them, never wait for their decision. I realize they make the decision pretty quickly but you should call before or immediately after declining the request. If i were you i would still call and let them know you described it properly and that it was in fact a size XL like you said. This same exact thing happened to me over sizing and i was told sizing wasnt a valid excuse for a case but they still decided against me. But because sizing isnt a valid complaint, i got the item returned AND ebay cashed me out the full amount. I got to keep the money and the item. Call them, but be nice and explain it calmly, dont be pissed off, that never works lol.
what's the number? And yea I should've called before he even did the case and it was just a request but didn't feel like it :lol:

You have to go to 'contact ebay' and select a reason for contact, then theyll give you a number and a unique code to enter to be able to get through to customer service

You have to go to 'contact ebay' and select a reason for contact, then theyll give you a number and a unique code to enter to be able to get through to customer service
Ok thanks, will do that when I get home this evening.

Just ended all my listings a few hours ago and an prepared to close the bank account linked to my pp in case it goes sour and he sends me a back a box of cereal or something. Hopefully it won't get to that, cuz I'm not trying to take no $170 L :lol:

Right on. They will send you to collections regardless though. Ive wanted to do that numerous times but i can usually make any loss back in a week rather than just shutting everything down and having to start all over with a new acct. and zero feedback. But i get it, its the principle, dont wanna let these dudes win on me lol.

Right on. They will send you to collections regardless though. Ive wanted to do that numerous times but i can usually make any loss back in a week rather than just shutting everything down and having to start all over with a new acct. and zero feedback. But i get it, its the principle, dont wanna let these dudes win on me lol.
yup and I don't care where they send it to, they ain't gonna rob me so easily. If I pay the 170 or whatever it is it'll be at my discretion if I feel like it, not when they tell me to

eBay/PayPal can be a joke at times. I've avoided selling stuff like sneakers which tend to have a younger more irresponsible audience on there for that very reason.

I've sold so much stuff on eBay over the years, sneakers were the only problematic item I've ever listed.

Last year I listed some Royal foamposites from 2007. The soles were starting to separate so I decided to sell them. I made it explicitly clear in the description about the soles separating, put in the description that they were bidding fully aware of the issue with the soles and that all sales were final and buyers remorse wasn't an excuse.

Some dude bought them and as soon as he got them, complained about the sole separation. Demanded a $50 partial refund to keep them or a full refund. I told them that's not how it works and he filed a claim. I did everything to cover myself in terms of responding to eBay/PayPal, but I did a little work on my end as well. He made the mistake of having the email for his PayPal also be the email for his Facebook. I found out where he worked and where his mom and wife worked.

I called his job up telling him that he could cancel the claim and never hear from me again, or I was going get him fired from his job and speak to his superiors about the fraud he was commiting and I would press charges against him. He seemed legitimately shook up that I was able to find out where he worked. He reluctantly cancelled the claim but I could tell he was pissed off to do it.

Back
Top Bottom