Ebay question. Help

I always sell sneakers on ebay, but sometimes people buy them and don't pay. Whenever this happens, I just relist them and sell them to someone else. Recently I sold royal 1s, bred 1s, and grape 5s and the total value was around $1100. The buyers didn't pay for them so I just relisted them and sold them to someone else. Just today I looked and ebay took about $250 from my paypal/bank account. I know ebay takes 10% in fees, but it looked like they took them twice?? After reading on the internet, I read that even if the buyer doesn't pay, ebay takes the 10% in fees. Has anyone else ever expierenced this? And if so, what did you do about it? If that's true, I'm about to be done on ebay because that's ********, I lost like 100$ for no reason and I didn't even make anything. Ebay fees in general are too steep and suck, but if i lost 20% of what I made then that really sucks. Someone please help me out

^What he said. Log in, click on my ebay, account, fees, and open a case. If that option isn't available because of the length of time then call ebay to get it resolved.

When someone backs out or disappears after winning an auction you have to make sure to open a non payment or cancellation case to make sure you don't get hit with the final value fees associated with the sale.

Ebay doesn't bill based on money received, they bill based on cost of items sold. So opening a case for either cancellation or nonpayment ensures that Ebay takes the sale (that you didn't get paid for) off of your record.

Wow, I wish I would have known that before. Thanks for your help, I repd u all. It won't let me open a dispute because it's been more than 12 days, but I'll call PayPal in the morning. eBay should change how that works, but I know they won't because that's how they get extra money out of people. But thanks for all of the help

also, make sure you have the unpaid item assistant set on automatic. it opens up a case for you after a certain amount of days that you choose automatically.
definitely convenient.

Back
Top Bottom