Eddie Huangs "fresh off the boat" ...new abc sitcom

Missed the season premiere :x

The book is good though, would recommend it to anyone interested in the perspective of new generation Asian Americans that don't "fit" with the model minority stereotype

Last edited:
George Lopez sucks and so did his show. He is not funny AT ALL.

By you saying this I can tell there's a huge cultural disconnect as to why you have that perspective. You can't relate to his subject matter, but that doesn't mean he isn't funny.
Untrue.

He isn't funny and neither was his show or his talk show for that matter which is why it got canceled.

There's other comedians or funny actors that have similar subject matter and manage to be funny. It's not perspective or a cultural disconnect. George Lopez is just a corny ************. So unless you're gonna say something like only Hispanics can get Lopez's humor you can go ahead with you trying to come up with some reason for my opinion differing from yours.

Last edited:
Just watched this show with my girl

humor is forced and trash (ethnic jokes tailored for a white audience)

my girl pointed out that the dad is the dude who play kim jong un in The Interview

i don't see this show getting far.

Show looks like trash.  Probably gets pulled a couple more episodes in
laugh.gif

i love the web show and enjoyed the book. but this show i'm not feeling to much. maybe it will get better in a few more eps but i did like the hip hop references.

Untrue.

He isn't funny and neither was his show or his talk show for that matter which is why it got canceled.

There's other comedians or funny actors that have similar subject matter and manage to be funny. It's not perspective or a cultural disconnect. George Lopez is just a corny ************. So unless you're gonna say something like only Hispanics can get Lopez's humor you can go ahead with you trying to come up with some reason for my opinion differing from yours.
All shows eventually get cancelled, it's the nature of the industry. He consistently sells out arenas and has HBO giving him specials. I don't think someone who isn't funny would have ever made it as far as he did. His subject matter has always been that of a Mexican-American who was raised in Los Angeles. He has always stayed true to himself and is extremely respected by his peers and fans in the Chicano, Latino and Hispanic community. Now if you're not a Mexican-American from Los Angeles; I can see why his brand of humor isn't for you.

Untrue.

All shows eventually get cancelled, it's the nature of the industry.
I'm not talking about a sit-com or some serial show he had. I'm talking about his talk show that was launched a year or two I think after Conan premiered on TBS and it was canceled shortly after cuz it was trash

He consistently sells out arenas and has HBO giving him specials.
So those ppl don't know what funny is or have slim pickings. I never said he didn't have fans. I said he wasn't funny.

I don't think someone who isn't funny would have ever made it as far as he did.
This is where we disagree.

Plenty of trash tv shows, movies, comedians, actors, etc. still get paid to do the trash they do. It doesn't mean they're actually good, especially if it's my own opinion that they aren't.
His subject matter has always been that of a Mexican-American who was raised in Los Angeles.
Again, I've never said subject matter is what made him unfunny.

He has always stayed true to himself and is extremely respected by his peers and fans in the Chicano, Latino and Hispanic community.
I don't give a **** if he stayed true or he's been a fraud his entire celebrity career. He's not funny.

Now if you're not a Mexican-American from Los Angeles; I can see why his brand of humor isn't for you.
Ahh, like I thought. We come down to this. Only Mexican-Americans from LA will find Lopez funny or if you're not that's the only way you can see someone not liking him. Wonder what nonsense you'd come up with if a Mexican-American from LA also said he wasn't funny?

Go somewhere with that bull **** man :lol:

I said the ************ wasn't funny. You disagree. Should've left it at that.

Last edited:
Rewatched both episodes yesterday and while not completely sold on it yet, I think its got all the pieces to be a good series. Constance though :smokin

I'm not talking about a sit-com or some serial show he had. I'm talking about his talk show that was launched a year or two I think after Conan premiered on TBS and it was canceled shortly after cuz it was trash
So those ppl don't know what funny is or have slim pickings. I never said he didn't have fans. I said he wasn't funny.

This is where we disagree.

Plenty of trash tv shows, movies, comedians, actors, etc. still get paid to do the trash they do. It doesn't mean they're actually good, especially if it's my own opinion that they aren't.

Again, I've never said subject matter is what made him unfunny.
I don't give a **** if he stayed true or he's been a fraud his entire celebrity career. He's not funny.
Ahh, like I thought. We come down to this. Only Mexican-Americans from LA will find Lopez funny or if you're not that's the only way you can see someone not liking him. Wonder what nonsense you'd come up with if a Mexican-American from LA also said he wasn't funny?

Go somewhere with that bull **** man :lol:

I said the ************ wasn't funny. You disagree. Should've left it at that.
You seem vexed and bottom line is your opinion doesn't really hold any more weight than someone who would say he's funny. No need to go back and forth any longer, we have both stated our opinion on it.

ABC is moving this show to Tuesdays.

New back to back episodes are coming on tonight at 8.

Watched last week and will watch today's episodes tomorrow on Hulu. Can't choose this over parks and rec. besides the soundtrack this show really isn't good imo

Just watched an hour's worth and saw this thread... The show is watchable: I'm intrigued by the fact its a sitcom cast with a different demographic than normal.

Idk ill give it a chance.

But i liked his vice series and to me that is the real FOTB.

City hopping, eating good, smoking good.

Bronson filled that void with FTD.

come to think of it Bronson needs his own sitcom.

**** would be hilarious.

I think this show is hilarious.  Love the oldest son and the mom.  Funny stuff.

Back
Top Bottom