Eddie Johnson: "Kobe is the best offensive player ever."

Originally Posted by SupraTurbo619

24 K B 8 wrote:

laugh.gif
@ peeps thinking Jordan is a better offensive player than Kobe. Kobe can do it all
on the offensive part. Jordan is only more efficient cause he drives to the hoop more than Kobe so there are easy shots there and thus his FG % is better.
Kobe makes the most ridiculous shots ever imaginable. Jordan is only efficient from 18 ft and below and that's about it....

So driving to the basket is worth less points than shooting left handed from 17ft with 3 players guarding you and your teammates watching you with their
mouths wide open?
I thought it was still 2 points in the end.

How are you backing the fact that you said MJ is only efficient from 18ft and in? Do you have a shot plot over his career that says so? Are are you pulling
that number from somewhere dark and stinky?

I've watched MJ played most of the the time in the 80's and 90's....so I've observed this....

I never thought we would see the day where a player A wasn't as good as player B because he consistenly got better shots.

This is truly amazing.

Originally Posted by SupraTurbo619

And how does anyone measure talent?

By production right?

Or is it by highlight reels?

How?

Cause MJ has that dude trumped both ways.

I guess NT is just judging it on how much we personally like each player.

You would have to watch the game. Talent wise Zach Randolph and Sheed should be the 2 best PF's ever....easy. But they aren't. Talent does notequal production...the wealth of bum HS players should tell you that. But for all this efficiency talk we are comparing a guy who scored most of his pointsfrom 18 ft. in to a guy who can and does shoot from anywhere on the court. Of course Jordan has a higher FG% and is more efficient. That's the same tiredstupid argument I've heard when people say Bron is a better scorer than Kobe. Which is beyond false. Just because Jordan had a higher FG% doesn't meanhe was a better scorer. If he was to play against a zone...which is alot harder to penetrate his FG% would be considerably lower. Put it like this...if youwere gonna dare Jordan to beat you in one aspect which would you have the most confidence in? Probably 3pt shooting correct? Now let's ask that questionfor Kobe. There isn't one. He penetrates equal, his post game is a little bit worse, his mid range is equal if not better, he finishes just as good butJordan is better. Bottom line you can't let him take ANY open shot anywhere on the court because he will kill you. Especially if we are talking one on one.

This shouldn't have been posted on NT.

You have Lebron stans who think he's God and perfect come in and bring his name in this when he's not close to either Jordan or Kobe.

Yeah I said it and any analyst who is smart and not stuck on the hype will say the same. LEBRON IS NOT CLOSE TO JORDAN OR KOBE.

Kobe better offensive player? That's up in question. Why not? As far as scoring Kobe can go above and beyond Jordan because of his range. He can scoreanyway Jordan could and some.

Efficiency Jordan wins this so however you want to look at it the choice is yours.

Just remember people who don't like Kobe, Kobe is in discussion of All-time greatness and legends so what does that tell you?

24 K B 8 wrote:
laugh.gif
@ peeps thinking Jordan is a better offensive player than Kobe. Kobe can do it all on the offensive part. Jordan is only more efficient cause he drives to the hoop more than Kobe so there are easy shots there and thus his FG % is better. Kobe makes the most ridiculous shots ever imaginable. Jordan is only efficient from 18 ft and below and that's about it....

So driving to the basket is worth less points than shooting left handed from 17ft with 3 players guarding you and your teammates watching you with their mouths wide open?
I thought it was still 2 points in the end.

How are you backing the fact that you said MJ is only efficient from 18ft and in? Do you have a shot plot over his career that says so? Are are you pulling that number from somewhere dark and stinky?

Also, part of being a great offensive player is GETTING those easier shots

Damn NT ya'll took this way out of context... 7 #%@%%#@ pages???
laugh.gif

First of all you assume over the internet that I am an MJ "stan" or "rider" or whatever else you want to call it.... I'm not even theone that brought up Mike initially
indifferent.gif
....... IMO Wilt was also a better scorer than Kobe..... Reading is fundamental
smh.gif
... I did not make this thread saying"Kobe is a better offensive player than Jordan".... It said "Kobe is thebest offensive player ever".... but itsomehow has to turn into a flame war and a player a vs player b thread... as if there were no other great scorers in NBA history... but I can see NTdoesn't understand that..

exactly.... dudes in here jump to quick assumptions to come to their favorite players defense
laugh.gif
..they can't even compare two players without lettingtheir biased opinion get in the way........... it's funny how all these insecure dudes automatically bring up MJ's name and I find myself comparingKobe & MJ
smh.gif

ska, fanatic, or any other mods can lock this up since it's now become a player a vs b thread
smh.gif

Kobe has made some umbelieable shots that I have never seen anyone hit, but at the some time he is the only person crazy enough to take those shots. With thatbeing said, Mike NEVER got tired and Mike could finish with his left hand better than anyone EVER. His ability to create his own shown is the best of all time.As Magic, said, he will he hang in the air and everybody else will come down - and then he decides to shoot it. Mike made alot of his shots looks easy but theyweren't.

This is just
laugh.gif
. Can't we just appreciate both players? THis PlayerA>Player B discussion never goes anywhere so why start one? Both are phenomenal offensive players but different. Kobe has the range but Jordan has morecreativity. Both are efficient in their own ways. SO lets just leave it at.

Kobe is a way better creator with the ball in his hand.

Failed.
Kobe is also a way better passer.

You can't be serious here. Kobe is not a gifted passer. How many TO's does he get while getting 6 legit assists? MJ also avged 8 assist at oneseason. What about his 7 straight triple doubles?
Kobe also has better footwork than Mike(thus allowing him to be a better creator).

LOL. You failed there again. This proves that you need to watch some MJ vintage games.
Then again, Kobe takes a lot of poor shots so that also explains his poor FG% numbers..

That's because his shot selection isn't quite as good as MJ's. And MJ is better at making tough shots. As simple as that.

Therefore, MJ > Kobe, minus 3pt shooting and dribbling but more TO's

I swear man.....

MJ stans are the biggest $#%+ riders on the face of the earth....+@%! is sickening.....

Im gonna take the opinion of NBA Players and Coaches over any of y'all.....24/7/365

MJ is NOT the be all end all of basketball....

Rings don't have +%*% to do with Kobe being a better offensive player than MJ....

I mean......He's arguably the GOAT and all.....But y'all overrate him like $*!%.....
smh.gif

This +@%! is getting real old man.....

indifferent.gif

You mean Kobe stans.

Originally Posted by MarsIV

Career 40+ point games:

Michael Jordan: 211

Ball hog

That stat isn't even correct. I don't know where dude got that number from; Jordan has 173 career 40 point games, 2nd to Wilt with 271.

Also, you guys are out of your minds calling Kobe a more physically gifted offensive player than Jordan. Jordan was superior to Kobe athletically, it's noteven a question in my mind. I do think MJ made better use of his talents, both physical and skillwise, than Kobe does. But I would argue Kobe has a betteroutside shot and has a bigger bag of tricks than Jordan did.

Originally Posted by aepps20

This is just one guy's opinion.
Sometimes people's opinions start 10 page threads....

Shameful.

The love for kobe is strong but so is the hate. But I have seen that same hate for jordan. You got old heads that swear Dr. J is better then jordan. Peoplehave their favorite players and you can't say anything bad about them you just can't. Kobe and Jordan have a lot of stans. Nothing wrong with that butif somebody says hey I think this kobe better then jordan world war 3 might as well start.

Times and players change. Kobe and lebron are going to be the Jordan and magic of this era. These arguements will never stop but some people need to chill withthier hate for some players.

Ask the 2004 Pistons if Kobe is the Greatest offensive player of all time. All Laker fans and Kobe fans answer that for me. Dude got owned in that series.Where was the 62 points in 3 quarters that series? Where was the 81 points? Somebody answer that for me.

Originally Posted by FYALADY

I swear man.....

MJ stans are the biggest $#%+ riders on the face of the earth....+@%! is sickening.....

Im gonna take the opinion of NBA Players and Coaches over any of y'all.....24/7/365

MJ is NOT the be all end all of basketball....

Rings don't have +%*% to do with Kobe being a better offensive player than MJ....

I mean......He's arguably the GOAT and all.....But y'all overrate him like $*!%.....
smh.gif

This +@%! is getting real old man.....

indifferent.gif
You mean Kobe stans.

No. I mean MJ stans.

Originally Posted by dmncn lew

Ask the 2004 Pistons if Kobe is the Greatest offensive player of all time. All Laker fans and Kobe fans answer that for me. Dude got owned in that series. Where was the 62 points in 3 quarters that series? Where was the 81 points? Somebody answer that for me.

cut it out.

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

Damn NT ya'll took this way out of context... 7 #%@%%#@ pages???
laugh.gif

First of all you assume over the internet that I am an MJ "stan" or "rider" or whatever else you want to call it.... I'm not even the one that brought up Mike initially
indifferent.gif
....... IMO Wilt was also a better scorer than Kobe..... Reading is fundamental
smh.gif
... I did not make this thread saying "Kobe is a better offensive player than Jordan".... It said "Kobe is the best offensive player ever".... but it somehow has to turn into a flame war and a player a vs player b thread... as if there were no other great scorers in NBA history... but I can see NT doesn't understand that..

exactly.... dudes in here jump to quick assumptions to come to their favorite players defense
laugh.gif
..they can't even compare two players without letting their biased opinion get in the way........... it's funny how all these insecure dudes automatically bring up MJ's name and I find myself comparing Kobe & MJ
smh.gif

ska, fanatic, or any other mods can lock this up since it's now become a player a vs b thread
smh.gif

Originally Posted by dmncn lew

Ask the 2004 Pistons if Kobe is the Greatest offensive player of all time. All Laker fans and Kobe fans answer that for me. Dude got owned in that series. Where was the 62 points in 3 quarters that series? Where was the 81 points? Somebody answer that for me.

Its a stupid question to answer.

Kobe had a bad series but the pistons d was
pimp.gif
Prince locked him down.

Originally Posted by MarsIV

Career 40+ point games:

Michael Jordan: 211

Ball hog
indifferent.gif
Okay, do you just go on a hating rampage against anyonewho has ever played not named Kobe Bryant? Of all the haters on NT, you're the worst. You don't even attempt to hide your hate by saying stuff like"he's good, but...", it's like your proud to be a hater. Today you were pointing out how LeBron had 1 assist early in the game, but the otherday when he had a triple-double you were calling him a stats padder who doesn't care about winning. So literally no matter what he does, you will behating.
indifferent.gif

eddie johnson is an idiot. this is the same guy who said lebron was going to be a failure and had nothing to say after his game 5 performance. anyone whobelieves this crap, well, you are what u read.

and i'm a fan of kobe, but i strongly u kobe stans feel u are the gayest, most ******ed sports fans out there.

he's better than jordan?
do u know how disrespectful saying that is to mj's legacy?
even kobe doesn't think that, and probably thinks you're dumb too for thinking such a thing.

indifferent.gif
Okay, do you just go on a hating rampage against anyone who has ever played not named Kobe Bryant? Of all the haters on NT, you're the worst. You don't even attempt to hide your hate by saying stuff like "he's good, but...", it's like your proud to be a hater. Today you were pointing out how LeBron had 1 assist early in the game, but the other day when he had a triple-double you were calling him a stats padder who doesn't care about winning. So literally no matter what he does, you will be hating.
indifferent.gif

Typical LeBronze stan. This thread has nothing to do with LeBronze, yet you still find a way to bring him up. Someone warn this cat for trolling.

Back
Top Bottom