Eddie Johnson: "Kobe is the best offensive player ever."

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by tupac003

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

LOL any time someone doesn't think Kobe is the greatest their hating LOL.
Wow...Great comment.

If you knew any better you would know that Xtapolapacetl hates kobe bryant. He is a big fan of lebron. There is nothing wrong with that. But anytime somebody says something about kobe being better then jordan in any way he gets bent out of shape.

I suppose I should agree with people who say that Kobe is better than Jordan, huh?
eyes.gif

That's just great. In a thread that is about Kobe being better than friggin Michael Jordan, the guy who doesn't think that Kobe is better than Jordan ends up looking like a Kobe hater to most of the people replying in the thread, rather than what actually is the case considering the fact that Kobe has nothing on Michael stat-wise, winning-wise and individual award-wise: That you are in fact Jordan haters. That just shows the extent of Kobe extremism on Niketalk.

And no matter how big of a LeBron fan I am, I will never be as bad as Kobe fans because I will never say something as idiotic like that LeBron is better than Michael Jordan.
I never said you should agree. Hell I don't agree. IMO magic is the best to have played this game. All I was saying is you don't like kobe andyou get bent out of shape if somebody said kobe is better then jordan in any way.

Numbers don't lie but numbers won't determine how some people think. I tend to defened kobe sometimes because he is a laker. But if somebody tells methat kobe is better then jordan I just
roll.gif
and move on. I won't getupset and pots you tube vids by kobe haters because its not going to change what somebody thinks.

I'll put it this way. if Jordan played against the Suns defense he would average 52 points a game. Kobe is a better 3 point shooter than Mike but so isalot of other players. The Man won 6 rings with no losses. Nuff said.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by tupac003

LOL any time someone doesn't think Kobe is the greatest their hating LOL.
Wow...Great comment.

If you knew any better you would know that Xtapolapacetl hates kobe bryant. He is a big fan of lebron. There is nothing wrong with that. But anytime somebody says something about kobe being better then jordan in any way he gets bent out of shape.

I suppose I should agree with people who say that Kobe is better than Jordan, huh?
eyes.gif

That's just great. In a thread that is about Kobe being better than friggin Michael Jordan, the guy who doesn't think that Kobe is better than Jordan ends up looking like a Kobe hater to most of the people replying in the thread, rather than what actually is the case considering the fact that Kobe has nothing on Michael stat-wise, winning-wise and individual award-wise: That you are in fact Jordan haters. That just shows the extent of Kobe extremism on Niketalk.

And no matter how big of a LeBron fan I am, I will never be as bad as Kobe fans because I will never say something as idiotic like that LeBron is better than Michael Jordan.

What's so hard to understand? NO one is saying he is better. They just said he is a better scorer. You were the one that twisted it into whos betteroverall. I think Melo is a better scorer than Bron and trust I wouldn't have a hard time finding people that would say the same thing. Does that meanhe's better? NO. One aspect of the game doesn't depict a whole player...of course you would know that if you actually watched games and didn'tcrunch numbers.

Originally Posted by dmncn lew

I'll put it this way. if Jordan played against the Suns defense he would average 52 points a game. Kobe is a better 3 point shooter than Mike but so is alot of other players. The Man won 6 rings with no losses. Nuff said.

correction. the chicacgo bulls won 6 rings. did he have a lot to do with it? absolutely. But people act like he was playing 1 on 5 a la kobe the pastcouple years.
laugh.gif

Where was Kobe's great offense in the 2004 Finals? Niketalk damn near got shutdown when the Lakers where getting ran up and down the court.

eyes.gif

god, I swear you can't read.

Re: Eddie Johnson: "Kobe is the best offensive player ever."

no one is saying that Kobe is better than MJ, it is just another case of you trying to turn the argument to that. Jesus learn to read

Originally Posted by dmncn lew

Where was Kobe's great offense in the 2004 Finals? Niketalk damn near got shutdown when the Lakers where getting ran up and down the court.

Cut it out.

if this series is the definitive moment of Kobe's career offensively then so be it, but I can use dumb ##!!!%$ arguments too

[h1]JORDAN SCORES CAREER-LOW 2.(SPORTS)[/h1] From: The Cincinnati Post (Cincinnati, OH) Date: April 3, 2002 More results for: worst michael jordan games in his career
[h2] [/h2]
Byline: Compiled from Post news services

Michael Jordan spent the second half of his worst game sitting at the end of the bench.

There wasn't much he could do, anyway. His Washington Wizards were overwhelmed by the Los Angeles Lakers, and it made more sense to rest him for tonight's game at Milwaukee.

Jordan finished with a career-low two points in a career-low 12 minutes in Tuesday night's 113-93 loss.

''You look at them and the talent they have, and you look at our team,'' Jordan said. ''It's acceptable that sometimes we can't compete with that caliber of team. This is a young team, and we're still learning.''

Jordan, struggling to regain his fitness ...

OMGAWD, MJ must be horrible offensively
eyes.gif

before you reply, detect the sarcasm

I need to know why Kobe is better than MJ offensively.

Jordan scored more points more efficiently.

Kobe has more range but whoopty damn doo.

don't forget Kobe has to go up against zone defenses...Jordan didn't...

When you guys mention offensive player, are you talking about just scoring?? b/c that is only one aspect of being a good offensive player.. Let's notforget passing, scoring, play making..

If we're only talking about scoring, then no doubt it's Michael Jordan.. How soon someone forgets about Jordan b/c of what happens in the present.. Iunderstand it's Eddie's opinion, but what is there to argue?? Style points?? Flash?? How they score?? I don't understand what makes a person abetter scorer when that other person has a better ppg in the regular season and most definetely the playoffs (Jordan).. Like how can you forget what Jordan wasdoing in the playoffs.. Seriously.. The dude averaged 30 pts EVERYsingle playoff series.. That is just wow... Iseriously don't know what else to say .. I'm trying to make a case for Kobe, but I can't..

Originally Posted by BugsyMF

I need to know why Kobe is better than MJ offensively.

Jordan scored more points more efficiently.

Kobe has more range but whoopty damn doo.

don't forget Kobe has to go up against zone defenses...Jordan didn't...

In his defense Jordan played during a period where you could actually play defense.

Kobe is seriously that dude, but this pretty much is a new generation of younger fans on Niketalk. They haven't seen how offensively dominating MJ was onthe floor. MJ DID get the double and triple teams. MJ did play through some of the BEST defensive minded teams EVER in the Lakers, Celtics, Pistons anddefensive masterminds, Mutombo is his prime, Hakeem in his prime, Drexler and Stockton in their primes, etc. Let's not forget that MJ could play any of theguard AND/OR forward positions at 6'6! More offensive scoring titles and over 84 more 40+ games than Kobe and 7 consecutive league scoringtitles! Offensively, Kobe is the man today, but do not compare the man to the GOAT. The way I decide who is the best offensively is how he dominates defensesand this is how I came up with my decision. Let the man go through!

Kobe is seriously that dude, but this pretty much is a new generation of younger fans on Niketalk. They haven't seen how offensively dominating MJ was onthe floor. MJ DID get the double and triple teams. MJ did play through some of the BEST defensive minded teams EVER in the Lakers, Celtics, Pistons anddefensive masterminds, Mutombo is his prime, Hakeem in his prime, Drexler and Stockton in their primes, etc. Let's not forget that MJ could play any of theguard AND/OR forward positions at 6'6! More offensive scoring titles and over 84 more 40+ games than Kobe and 7 consecutive league scoringtitles! Offensively, Kobe is the man today, but do not compare the man to the GOAT. The way I decide who is the best offensively is how he dominates defensesand this is how I came up with my decision. Let the man go through!

It's funny how the only OBJECTIVE way of looking at things gets shot down here.

Compare the individual offensive stats.

Jordan scored more (MJ is averaging 6PPG more than Kobe over his career , INCLUDING the later Wizard years). Jordan averaged more assists. Jordan reboundedbetter. Jordan was more efficient.

MJ is the best offensive guard of all time as of now. He scored more, scored easier, created more for his teammates AND he turned the ball over less.

Kobe is the best offensive guard since MJ left the game, the great thing for us true basketball fans is that he still has many years to challenge MJ'slegacy and that we can watch it all.

Many of you are claiming Kobe has more creativity/has more skills in scoring. You are allowed your subjective opinions however I'm wondering if you allwere alive or able to watch MJ play in the late 80's and early 90's, you probably would realize that MJ had "some" skill in what he did outthere.

Case in point: Scoring 63 in the 1986 playoffs against the eventual champion Celtics is a lot more impressive (to me) than scoring 81 in a regular season gameagainst the lackluster Raptors.

I have a feeling this is the year Kobe truly makes his name in history by going off in the playoffs with his current squad.

So is it safe to say that Kobe is a better scorer than MJ, Magic Johnson that is.

Or is it safe to say that Magic is a better team player than Michael was?

We all know that Michael is the GOAT.

But it is arguable to say that Kobe may possibly be a better scorer than Michael. But just because that's arguable it's not necessarily arguing thatKobe is better than Michael.

Me being a big Kobe fan, I'd still say Mike would be a better scorer, efficiency wise. But if someone were to argue with me in regards to that with validpoints, then I would have to agree somewhere along the line that it would make sense.

I have a feeling this is the year Kobe truly makes his name in history by going off in the playoffs with his current squad.
Supra speaking positive of the Mamba and the Lakers?

Is your girl and your family winning you over?
wink.gif

Come to the darkside Supra, me and Jeremy got you with open arms.
laugh.gif

hahaha I'm just being a realist.

Dude is a great basketball player, a straight killer.

He is still a d-bag though.

5 pages and no one gets it. It's not about stats we are talking about something that cannot be measured by numbers....so stop bringing them up! Talent wiseKobe > Jordan offensively. That's all he is saying. And it's not like this is the first time someone has ever said it. Harp said it, Pip said it,Phil eluded to it....so who should I believe coaches/players or fans?

It is what it is. You Laker fans and Kobe fans can't stand when that is brougt up and let's be real. I hear all types of exscuses when I bring that up.Oh, Kobe didn't feel like playing because he was going thru it with the courts. I remember Kobe coming out at halftimes of that series shooting around withthat look in his eyes like he's about to go off - only to shoot brick after brick. Kobe is the best player out there and no one can do what he does. But tosay Kobe is the greatest offense player of all time is not a reach - it's just not true. Just like the Patriots going 18-0 and losing the Super Bowl,it's a stain on your record.

And how does anyone measure talent?

By production right?

Or is it by highlight reels?

How?

Cause MJ has that dude trumped both ways.

I guess NT is just judging it on how much we personally like each player.

laugh.gif
@ peeps thinking Jordan is a better offensive player than Kobe. Kobe can do it all on the offensive part. Jordan is only more efficient cause he drives tothe hoop more than Kobe so there are easy shots there and thus his FG % is better. Kobe makes the most ridiculous shots ever imaginable. Jordan is onlyefficient from 18 ft and below and that's about it....

Originally Posted by JsindaA

It's not about stats we are talking about something that cannot be measured by numbers....so stop bringing them up!

Word, numbers can only tell so much- especially when they played in different eras. Too many variables that have to be taken into account.

Money's athleticism and understanding of the game allowed him to be so good AND so efficient. As good as Kobe is, he sometimes lets the defense dictatewhere he shoots (yall know how he believes he can make any shot). Money was so smart, add to that the explosive athleticism, and that is what makes him better.

Greatest offensive player ever?? If you go by numbers, how is Wilt not far and away the best?

Originally Posted by 24 K B 8

laugh.gif
@ peeps thinking Jordan is a better offensive player than Kobe. Kobe can do it all on the offensive part. Jordan is only more efficient cause he drives to the hoop more than Kobe so there are easy shots there and thus his FG % is better. Kobe makes the most ridiculous shots ever imaginable. Jordan is only efficient from 18 ft and below and that's about it....

So driving to the basket is worth less points than shooting left handed from 17ft with 3 players guarding you and your teammates watching you with theirmouths wide open?
I thought it was still 2 points in the end.

How are you backing the fact that you said MJ is only efficient from 18ft and in? Do you have a shot plot over his career that says so? Are are you pullingthat number from somewhere dark and stinky?

Back
Top Bottom