EDIT: New Question, is LeBron the second greatest player of all time? So, has Steph Curry overtaken

Who is the best basketball player in the world?

• LeBron James

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steph Curry

• Russell Westbrook

• Kevin Durant

• Anthony Davis

• Other

• Total voters
we can talk about all 4 of those guys and how they are head and shoulders better than lebron ever was but that's a topic for another thread 

way more successful, didnt need to form super teams to win championships, overall better basketball players, better leaders, ect...

but that's for another thread

[h2]LeBron James has a Stephen Curry problem as Warriors star new face of the NBA[/h2]
LeBron James cannot possibly lay claim to the unofficial title of “Best Player on the Planet” when he isn’t even the “Best Player Born in Akron.”

It’s a little known fact that Stephen Curry came into this world in the town made famous by tire companies and LeBron. But since Curry was named NBA Most Valuable Player last season while leading the Golden State Warriors to a championship which Akron superstar really deserves the title of King?

LeBron has a Steph problem. A big Steph problem, in fact. Curry is the new global face of the NBA and he appears to be inside LeBron’s head.

In the lead-up to Monday’s nationally televised game in Cleveland, Curry made an innocent comment about returning to the scene where he and his teammates hoisted the Larry O’Brien Trophy seven months earlier.

“Obviously, walking in the locker room, it’ll be good memories,” Curry said last Sunday. “Hopefully, it still smells a little bit like champagne.”

Ooooohhhh.

Not really. It was a rather tame quote, yet the Cavalier players reacted the way Donald Trump did when Ted Cruz mocked New York values. Cleveland.com reported that several unnamed players felt “disrespected” by Curry. No word if the cleaning crew at Quicken Loans Arena is also upset.

On Monday, LeBron ended his pregame interview sessions with reporters by wondering why they didn’t ask him about Curry’s comments because he had an “answer” for them. He then exited without commenting.

For someone who in the past has been sensitive to criticism and who often feels that his words get twisted, it was interesting that James wanted to add fuel to a manufactured storyline.

It seemed rather petty on LeBron’s part.

Perhaps he is a little jealous with Curry’s surging popularity, not to mention his recent success. Last February, James was said to be bothered that he wasn’t getting much traction for Most Valuable Player.

Curry eventually won the award — as voted on by the national media — while Houston’s James Harden was given the inaugural Players’ Award MVP as voted by his peers.

The voting among fellow NBA players had Curry’s teammates as well as Warriors coaches and executives privately wondering why so many opposing players seemed to resent Curry. Could it be that he grew up as the rich, suburban kid of a former NBA player, Del Curry, and had opportunities that other players didn’t? Perhaps.

What some fail to recognize is that Curry wasn’t highly recruited out of high school in Charlotte and became a self-made player at Davidson. He worked to get where he is.

Curry’s game is a slick combination of suburban jump shooter and the inner city ball handler. The fact that he is 6-foot-4 and baby faced appeals to a wide range of fans. It’s easier for a majority of fans to identify with Curry as opposed to someone as physically gifted and powerful as LeBron.

On Wednesday, the NBA released figures that show Curry having the No. 1 most popular jersey. Number two on that list is, you guessed it, LeBron.

On the court, James is also playing second fiddle to Curry. In their last five head-to-head meetings, Curry and the Warriors have won five straight over LeBron and the Cleveland Cavaliers. That includes Games 4, 5 and 6 of the NBA Finals as well as their highly anticipated Christmas Day get-together in Oakland. On Monday, the Warriors humiliated the Cavs, 132-98, in another nationally televised game.

The final numbers were staggering; the Warriors led by 43 points, which is the largest deficit James had ever faced in his career. Also, his minus-34 for the game was a career-high. Or low depending on your perspective.

“It was very ugly to watch,” LeBron said prior Wednesday’s game against the Nets in Brooklyn.

There is no need to overact to one poor performance. The Cavs are far and away the best team in the Eastern Conference and have a much easier road back to The Finals compared to Golden State and San Antonio. Moreover, since reshaping their roster last January, the Cavs have had their top nine rotation players healthy at the same time for 90 games. They are 43-7 in those games including 0-3 against the Warriors and Spurs this season.

“You want instant success,” he said. “When guys come together it’s like instant oatmeal. They want to throw in the microwave for 30 seconds it’s done and then it’s ready to go. It doesn’t work that way.”

LeBron wants desperately to place a neat bow on his career by bringing a title to Cleveland. Each year it’s getting tougher.

And in the long run, Akron may have to settle for the championship won last year by his favorite son, Stephen Curry.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/isola-lebron-steph-problem-article-1.2503542

Whats success? Whats a better Basketball player? What is a "super team"? Whats a better leader?

How do we quantify these statements?

e6Xwwuy.gif

large.gif

please stop your trolling and attempts to derail this thread, thx 

Curry might not even make it to the finals, this year might be the start of the Kawhi era.

Stop using hypotheticals you dont know what Lebron and co. Would be doing in the west man
bruh , I say that because it would be true. That's a hypothetical that actually makes sense TBH. Talm bout I don't know what he would do in the west when this man clearly lost by 30+ points by a western conference team, they'll eat that team alive. ****

bruh , I say that because it would be true. That's a hypothetical that actually makes sense TBH. Talm bout I don't know what he would do in the west when this man clearly lost by 30+ points by a western conference team, they'll eat that team alive. ****

:rofl: logic

@shoeking2102  thank you for posting the stats.  I just refuse to even acknowledge someone the best player in the league whose offense is so heavily reliant upon his teammates setting him up. 
Bingo, which is why I said his name has no business even being brought up in this thread
But like, I hate having to do that because it makes one look at what KL ISNT doing, and that isn't fun to me

Like KL is GREAT at what he does man. Best olayer for a 70 win team potentially. Why do we have to say KL is better than PG? They both are having great seasons, but comparing them is just too hard and honestly, until Kawai mans an offense, you cant say KL is definitively better

In My Opinion at least

The numbers I used were used only to carry out a point that any knowledgeable basketball would be able to see from watching both of them play
Well said

A hypothetical that makes sense. I bothers me that people use hypotheticals as legit argument points.

re: Magic/Bird not going to form Super teams, well the teams that they were drafted by were already super so go somewhere with that weak argument please

Last edited:
If the Cavs are in the West, schedules change, records change, seedings change, matchups change etc.  What a stupid ******* hypothetical.  

I think I said this a while back in this thread but I usually go with this rule.  If you are a GM with the first pick in a draft, and you have every player in front of you, will you take Curry 1st overall over Lebron, Kawhi, AD, KD...etc.  No disrespect to Curry...I'm actually a Warrior fan but as talented and as great as he is....would he still be an MVP candidate and this great if you stick him on the Sixers???? Lebron and KD would for sure take that team to the playoffs.  

A hypothetical that makes sense?

I bothers me that people use hypotheticals as legit argument points.

re: Magic/Bird not going to form Super teams, well the teams that they were drafted by were already super so go somewhere with that weak argument please

Last edited:
I think I said this a while back in this thread but I usually go with this rule.  If you are a GM with the first pick in a draft, and you have every player in front of you, will you take Curry 1st overall over Lebron, Kawhi, AD, KD...etc.  No disrespect to Curry...I'm actually a Warrior fan but as talented and as great as he is....would he still be an MVP candidate and this great if you stick him on the Sixers???? Lebron and KD would for sure take that team to the playoffs.  
Any top 5 player can take any group of bums to the playoffs in the east

It's a joke of a conference

A hypothetical that makes sense. I bothers me that people use hypotheticals as legit argument points.

jordan wasnt drafted to a super team.  the great ones ,  you stick it out / come up thru the draft or good players come and play with you . you dont go join a super team. no one does that. stop giving him a pass for everything. you cape a little to hard right there homie. 

Last edited:
It's not caping its just making logical points.

Not joining a super team is a dumb *** hypothetical because those dudes never had that option.

Last edited:
Any top 5 player can take any group of bums to the playoffs in the east

It's a joke of a conference

Lol I feel it it this year the east is actually just as competitive as the west. I just don't know if I take curry first overall. Again...no disrespect to the chef because he is killing the league right now.

Back
Top Bottom