EDIT: New Question, is LeBron the second greatest player of all time? So, has Steph Curry overtaken

Who is the best basketball player in the world?

• LeBron James

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steph Curry

• Russell Westbrook

• Kevin Durant

• Anthony Davis

• Other

• Total voters
I don't know but Curry outsold everybody not named Jordan :lol:
Selling out don't make them a good looking shoe.
Yall want me to believe that low top white pair of Currys looks better than any pair of Kyries?

I like the Kyrie and the KDs but LeBrons shoes are ugly as hell right now.

So most of the nation is buying ugly shoes? Cool

Curry out sold LeBron, KD and Kyrie. Y'all so brainwashed by the Swoosh :lol:

Majority of the people on this planet have little to no fashion sense.
They buy and wear what the advertisers tell them to buy and wear.

Checked out the site and every pair has multiple sizes available
View media item 2089463

Not that this shoe argument means diddly but I've never seen a grown man wearing Curry's kicks only kids.

See, that's a fair and rational way to analyze things. That makes sense. But you said THIS earlier, which contradicts your point
You inferred that NBA legends don't underperform in the biggest momments. Yet LeBron did, and Steph just did. This doesn't mean they "got exposed" or aren't every bit as good of a player as they've consistently showed.

When you say something like Steph isn't the elite player he was hyped to be in the regular season because he had one bad finals....what does that say about 2011 LeBron?

I'm just trying to show the hypocrisy in the short sighted, hot takes post.

Lebron wasn't hyped to goat status at all during the 2011 season. Don't forget that he was much hated back then as he joined the heat.
For curry on 2016 is different. He got hyped (too) much by the media and fans as the greatest shooter ever and some were even crazy enough to put him to the level of MJ.
He failed badly not because the Warriors lost the finals but him not being able to give everything he has lile lebron did 1 year ago when they lost klove and kyrie to compete.

Last edited:
Not that this shoe argument means diddly but I've never seen a grown man wearing Curry's kicks only kids.

I've even haven't seen anyone wearing them for casual. On court i see some people wearing UA kicks but not the Currys.
I doubt that they sell well outside of the USA.

rationale based off hypotheticals..bless your heart
What hypotheticals?
Just because you don't have the ability to identify who the better player is, doesn't mean that he's not the better player.

Let's throw in another "hypothetical".
Prime Wade or 2 time MVP Curry
Who you got?
And let me clarify what I mean by who you got.
Im not asking you to choose who you would like to hang out with.
I'm asking you who you consider to be the better basketball player of the two.

Prime Wade or 2 time MVP Curry
Who you got?

bruh what does prime wade, or kyrie for that matter, have to do in a thread about curry and lebron?

and you can't even compare one player's prime to another player's ascension.. you don't even know if this is the best we'll see from steph.

if KD goes to The dubs this whole thread becomes mute. Curry wouldn't even be the 1 on his team.

bruh what does prime wade, or kyrie for that matter, have to do in a thread about curry and lebron?

and you can't even compare one player's prime to another player's ascension.. you don't even know if this is the best we'll see from steph.
Ascension? :lol:
Dude has ascended.
The dude is a 3pt shooter. Period.
You've seen his best.
He ain't developing no post game.
He ain't about to start driving to the rack flushin on 7 footers.
Yall made him a Gawd because he has a fancy pregame routine and can hit a 50 footer at the buzzer.

Ascension? :lol:
Dude has ascended.
The dude is a 3pt shooter. Period.
You've seen his best.
He ain't developing no post game.
He ain't about to start driving to the rack flushin on 7 footers.
Yall made him a Gawd because he has a fancy pregame routine and can hit a 50 footer at the buzzer.

:lol: I'm under the impression that you must've been held back in school a few times

Majority of the people on this planet have little to no fashion sense.
They buy and wear what the advertisers tell them to buy and wear.

Checked out the site and every pair has multiple sizes available
View media item 2089463

look, i love Lebron II, III, IV, VII, and VIII. I have pairs from back in the day, including red carpet VIIs and Bday IVs which are some of my favorite shoes. but why is this even a topic of discussion in terms of who the better player is? yall really reaching if you're using shoe sales to justify who's a better player.

by these metrics, Macklemore must be a better rapper than Kendrick Lamar.

and just to be clear the whole "every pair has multiple sizes available " applies to the lebron XIII so let's use better measuring sticks.

That's a projected sales article, you have any actual sales figures. Industry analyst does not agree with the projections but doesnt provide any actual sales figure either.
“There’s no way Curry is going to outsell LeBron this year,” Matt Powell, a sportswear analyst at research firm NPD Group, tells Quartz. “That’s just not going to happen.”
The sheer size of Nike’s LeBron business remains insurmountable, Powell says. “The Curry product has done well, but there’s just not a lot of it in the marketplace right now,” he says. Currently, NPD calculates that Nike and its Jordan subsidiary account for than 90% of the basketball sneaker market in the US.
http://qz.com/631465/will-stephen-curry-sell-more-sneakers-than-lebron-james-this-year/

Last edited:

That's a projected sales article, you have any actual sales figures. Industry analyst does not agree with the projections but doesnt provide any actual sales figure either.
“There’s no way Curry is going to outsell LeBron this year,” Matt Powell, a sportswear analyst at research firm NPD Group, tells Quartz. “That’s just not going to happen.”
The sheer size of Nike’s LeBron business remains insurmountable, Powell says. “The Curry product has done well, but there’s just not a lot of it in the marketplace right now,” he says. Currently, NPD calculates that Nike and its Jordan subsidiary account for than 90% of the basketball sneaker market in the US.
http://qz.com/631465/will-stephen-curry-sell-more-sneakers-than-lebron-james-this-year/
That's interesting.

Don't think actual sales figures won't be available until later this year. 

Back
Top Bottom