"EGGPLANT" NIKE FOAMPOSITES....!!!!! OFFICIAL VoL 2...Dont mess this one up

Originally Posted by solezprogression

If they had my size in those army green foams, I'd be tempted to cop my third pair despite the $375 price tag.
smh.gif
at myself for passing up on the third pair when I had the chance to cop for $260 shipped off ebay. Oh well, some thing just weren't meant to be.

Edit... damn, they also got my HOLIEST OF GRAILS... the GRIFFEY MAX 2.... for $315. I would certainly cop if I wasn't so sure that they would get retroed within the next 2 years anyway. If/when they do retro, I will cop like 8 pairs to make sure that I always have a pair to rock so long as I walk this earth.
lol... i remember the dude OnlyMJs was helping people out when the HoH in CHI had the army foams, the OLNL pack, and some other stuff... mypockets waaaaaas hurting at that time. still sad i couldnt cop the olnl and armys from him
frown.gif

Originally Posted by gotkickz105

Originally Posted by egaroc1

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

yes. Silver pro's/ cactus/royals and even the retro of the pearls a few yrs ago.
half size SNUG.

Yes they are the best RETROE released this year.
to many cats rocking these right now in the DMV.
been rocking my cactus and eggplant flightposites ( only true "eggplant")
i disagree. its true fit for me with all of them. the only diff is the eggs feel lighter then all the other foams.
u seem to be one of the few. Most cats i know up a half size in pro's or ones.
But usually they are a small few that can fit into their true sz.

Hey, a guy asked WAY BACK in this thread whether or not anyone has ever considered waterproofing or scotch-guarding icey soles and got no answer...I'd liketo throw that question out again b/c I think it's a pretty good idea since moisture seems to speed up yellowing. If we can spray them with a sneaker/bootwaterproofer, the moisture may just bead and not soak up and rot the sole. lol Anybody done this???? I may be the first to try...
smokin.gif

wore these for the 2nd time this weekend....gotta love em
pimp.gif

got a extra 9.5 if anyone is still looking
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Cubby12345

Hey, a guy asked WAY BACK in this thread whether or not anyone has ever considered waterproofing or scotch-guarding icey soles and got no answer...I'd like to throw that question out again b/c I think it's a pretty good idea since moisture seems to speed up yellowing. If we can spray them with a sneaker/boot waterproofer, the moisture may just bead and not soak up and rot the sole. lol Anybody done this???? I may be the first to try...
smokin.gif
i've been thinking of doing this too. let us know how it works out
and what you used

Originally Posted by ed2trey

Cubby12345 wrote:

Hey, a guy asked WAY BACK in this thread whether or not anyone has ever considered waterproofing or scotch-guarding icey soles and got no answer...I'd like to throw that question out again b/c I think it's a pretty good idea since moisture seems to speed up yellowing. If we can spray them with a sneaker/boot waterproofer, the moisture may just bead and not soak up and rot the sole. lol Anybody done this???? I may be the first to try...
smokin.gif
and what you used

Or you could just saran wrap the entire shoe so you don't have to worry about the UV rays hitting the foam and discoloring the upper
eyes.gif
.....get over it, the yellowing is inevitable.

I've worn my pair at least 10 times, and already see some yellowing but I'm not throwing fits. No, it's not because I have a 2nd pair in box, butbecause it is what it is.

Originally Posted by Cubby12345

smokin.gif
I scotch guard all my shoes, but I would not attempt it with the foams. For some reason the scotch guard will fog or almost place a light hazeover the shoe because of the material it is made of. And to get it off is a pain!

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Originally Posted by ed2trey

Cubby12345 wrote:

smokin.gif
and what you used
Or you could just saran wrap the entire shoe so you don't have to worry about the UV rays hitting the foam and discoloring the upper
eyes.gif
.....get over it, the yellowing is inevitable.

I've worn my pair at least 10 times, and already see some yellowing but I'm not throwing fits. No, it's not because I have a 2nd pair in box, but because it is what it is.

laugh.gif
Very true. These aren't meant to be babied, but worn, and wornhard.
My soles started to "yellow" after the first few wears, but considering I'm walking on 100+ degree asphalt in a region where 100% humidityisn't rare, it's understandable.
And it definitely sounds worse than what it actually is -- only the parts of the sole that make contact with the ground are the parts that are "foggingup" (natural wear and tear, duh).
In any case, it's nothing serious.
glasses.gif

^^^ yea i just wear the shoes... nothing is meant to last forever. also, once people get past that mental barrier that they need to remain icy forever, theywill be fine
happy.gif

Originally Posted by bigj505

^^^ yea i just wear the shoes... nothing is meant to last forever. also, once people get past that mental barrier that they need to remain icy forever, they will be fine
happy.gif

thats my problem. I have a huge mental barrier when it comes to rockin icy soled shoes.
laugh.gif
gonna try to get over it this year

^^^ yea i just wear the shoes... nothing is meant to last forever. also, once people get past that mental barrier that they need to remain icy forever, they will be fine
happy.gif

No doubt, I just wear them, even though I have 2 on ice, the soles getting messed up will happen.

Originally Posted by Twinsnyc

happy.gif

No doubt, I just wear them, even though I have 2 on ice, the soles getting messed up will happen.
my new barrier is the whole wear new shoes barrier... still got so many nds or lightly used shoes that i dont feel the need to wear the new onesesp since all of my new ones are the same colors as the old ones.
ex. i have the eggplant flightposites & varsity foams / royal foam ones & 1/2 cents / silver foamposite max, foamposite pro, flightposite 1, and so onand so on and so on....
also, i dont wanna wear my kix when everyone else is beasting over them. so i sit them on the shoe wall and grab up some kix that arent in the stores anymore.
stories of a shoe head
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by freshair

Originally Posted by SoFlyy1030

i know that everyone is going to kill me for saying this...

but i was staring at my eggplants and royals today for like ten minutes ... i think the eggplants > royals
Its hard to pick a favorite... i feel like i gotta respect my Royals and disagree.
Totally agree wit eggs > blue pennys. But it's not hard to pick a fav... which looks better overall to you. Dun just go with the blues asdefault cu they are the originals. That's like sayin JB 11 Breds > Space Jams just cuz (But for some it may be, to each his own tho) Its' SpaceJams, Concords, Breds, Columbias then Cool Grays for me. Pick because of a reason other then "cuz its the originals," or you gotta "respectthem". Blues are definitely pretty and are classics, def #2 but farrrr; but eggos got fcck'n chameleon paint--and that jus makes them sexier! Thatswhy they are better....IMO

^i paid via paypal, so i got my refund completely process within a week or so, no check or anything, just straight back to the account.

yeah paypal is the best... you should always try to use paypal when paying online... its the best way to be protected

Back
Top Bottom