Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Originally Posted by CurbYourEnthusiasm

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Can't find the time to play this because I need to dedicate full days to this %!#%. This is not the type of game you can just play for a couple hours and turn off.
laugh.gif

roll.gif

not nearly as nerdy as you said it was.

sick game.

we need to trade some tips on XBL

You need to teach me how to work on my smithing and how to enchant weapons.
And I still don't know how to use soul gems.
laugh.gif

what is this game about in a nutshell?
havent read any reviews or anything but i hear its love it or hate it. is this true?

Originally Posted by CasperJr

Wait so this game is offline only?

yes.

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

what is this game about in a nutshell?
havent read any reviews or anything but i hear its love it or hate it. is this true?
completing one main quest + hundreds of side quest using swords, bows, arrows, magic, etc.

roll.gif
@ the horse video 

Can't find the time to play this because I need to dedicate full days to this %!#%. This is not the type of game you can just play for a couple hours and turn off.
laugh.gif

roll.gif

sick game.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Same for me, i have no idea how to enchant weapons or use soul gems.

you guys can just go to the elder scrolls wikia page to get any piece of info you want

there are also game guide copies in pdf form floating around

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

roll.gif

sick game.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
To enchant weapons, you need to find an Arcane Enchanter. There's one in Dragonsreach in Whiterun. When you get to the top of the stairs go right, and you'll see it. Pick a soul gem + enchantment + item to enchant, and create the enchantment. You need to disenchant weapons w/ enchantments to learn their respective enchantments (whew), but this destroys the weapon/armor.
Ex: I found armor that increases my health. I find an Arcane Enchanter and I disenchant the armor. This destroys the armor, but now I have learned the "Fortify Health" enchantment, which I can use on any enchantable item in the game (once you learn an enchantment, you know it forever). I pick a different, unenchanted piece of armor, select a soul gem, and select the "Fortify Health" enchantment, and the enchantment is applied to the new armor.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Arcane_Enchanter

To charge an item w/ soul gems, just hover over it in the Weapons menu, and if you're on 360, you'll see at the bottom of the screen "Recharge Item", and it tells you to press RB. Select a soul gem to charge the item. For PS3, press R2.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Recharging

roll.gif
 at that video. the bear's nodding his head like "yep, uh-huh... yeah."

Originally Posted by Hoy Its Lindsay

Im ready to sell my MW3 for $30 and get Skyrim.
Target has it for $50 tomorrow, lowest price i've seen since the game dropped.

Okay so there's this dragon that's just been circling overhead for the past 5 minutes. I've been trying to get it to land by shooting nearly every arrow I have at it, shouting at it. I've been doing mostly misc quests and "The Companions Quests" and haven't gone and seen the Greybeards yet. I'm level 15 (been getting my Blacksmith up so I can get some better armor) and I want to fight me another dragon.
Only killed one dragon thus far (part of the MQ, the first named dragon that attacks that Whiterun guard tower where you learn your first shout).

Why this dragon no like me?

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Okay so there's this dragon that's just been circling overhead for the past 5 minutes. I've been trying to get it to land by shooting nearly every arrow I have at it, shouting at it. I've been doing mostly misc quests and "The Companions Quests" and haven't gone and seen the Greybeards yet. I'm level 15 (been getting my Blacksmith up so I can get some better armor) and I want to fight me another dragon.
Only killed one dragon thus far (part of the MQ, the first named dragon that attacks that Whiterun guard tower where you learn your first shout).

Where are you on the map. I had this happen once but i was in a really mountainous area and there wasn't a flat surface anywhere near me where the dragon could land. Just kept flying so i gave up and went about my business. If this is happening to you in an open area its probably just a glitch. Heard people got this glitch with the new patch. Mine happened pre patch.

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Where are you on the map. I had this happen once but i was in a really mountainous area and there wasn't a flat surface anywhere near me where the dragon could land. Just kept flying so i gave up and went about my business. If this is happening to you in an open area its probably just a glitch. Heard people got this glitch with the new patch. Mine happened pre patch.

Near Redoran's Retreat, where you recover the family's sword for the dude in Whiterun. 

this game, so many activities! its making my headspin how many activities i can do!

and im enjoying this game a little more now that i know how to fight properly.
laugh.gif

After reading this thread I wish I had got Skyrim instead of getting MW3. Ill probably trade MW3 for this but I doubt Im bout that life�
laugh.gif

This game keeps calling me. I saw 3 copies on ebay for $45 each, took 2 min to check my account, then went back and they were all gone,
and so were the next 4 priced from $48 -$52
30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif

I was like damb, people luv them sum Skyrim lol.�

These vids are pure comedy tho
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by tml09

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
To enchant weapons, you need to find an Arcane Enchanter. There's one in Dragonsreach in Whiterun. When you get to the top of the stairs go right, and you'll see it. Pick a soul gem + enchantment + item to enchant, and create the enchantment. You need to disenchant weapons w/ enchantments to learn their respective enchantments (whew), but this destroys the weapon/armor.
Ex: I found armor that increases my health. I find an Arcane Enchanter and I disenchant the armor. This destroys the armor, but now I have learned the "Fortify Health" enchantment, which I can use on any enchantable item in the game (once you learn an enchantment, you know it forever). I pick a different, unenchanted piece of armor, select a soul gem, and select the "Fortify Health" enchantment, and the enchantment is applied to the new armor.

To charge an item w/ soul gems, just hover over it in the Weapons menu, and if you're on 360, you'll see at the bottom of the screen "Recharge Item", and it tells you to press RB. Select a soul gem to charge the item. For PS3, press R2.

roll.gif

Thanks!

Originally Posted by tml09

laugh.gif

roll.gif

Thanks!
Co-sign. Tried it out today and got some of my armor enchanted. Thanks again.

Originally Posted by BaltimoreGutta

I got 2 Daedra Hearts a couple of days back from doing a quest. Once you hit level 20, a courier approaches you and tells you to go speak to the museum owner in Dawnstar. He gives you a quest and when you finish the quest, 2 "monsters" attack you. Kill them both and you get a heart off each. The quest is called Pieces of the Past, I think.
its all good...i got the full set of daedric armor now

im just trynna get my 54 enchanting up to 60 so i can enchant more powerful armor

Originally Posted by Jhustle23

I just bought the hearts but the funny thing is I hardly use the armor now that I worked so hard to get it. But the bow is worth all the trouble.

lol, true

i need to get my heavy armor perked up until its weightless....

i think the daedric armor is
pimp.gif

but you right, the smithing is alot of leveling for alot of...meh

i didnt even bother doing the other side of the smithing perks (plate armor and glass armor)

laugh.gif

roll.gif

sick game.

laugh.gif

level up smithing by making iron daggers

1 iron ingot + 1 leather strip

its the cheapest item that brings in the most xp.

like 7k worth of iron and leather to get to level 100

enchanting? only way to level that up is by breaking items already enchanted.

which sucks, because, untill you level up your enchanting youll be breaking items that have say "50 points of health added" and youll only be able to enchant something else like "25 points of health" at first.

thats where i am, stuck between breaking items i cant enchant as strong or being stuck at a certain enchant level.

as far as soul gems

just go to the item that is enchanted, then press RB, itll ask which soul gem you wanna use to refill your enchanted weapon.

you also use soul gems in enchanting. (item+enchantment+soul gem)

Originally Posted by Hoy Its Lindsay

Im ready to sell my MW3 for $30 and get Skyrim.

im keeping mw3...i figure imma hop back on once all these camping #%!$% and hypebeasts get back off it.

(like in mw2....there was a push of lames, then they left and it was grand again)

im lvl 34 and i rented this from redbox

im trynna find a cheap copy on craigslist...

if not, imma have to wait for a price drop...

smh

24 bucks in redbox fees LMAO

Here is a quick way to build up your speech skill and make a ton of gold:
Your speech skill needs to be at level 25 first before doing the glitch shown in the video.

If you do not have 25 speechcraft already, this very same guy sells a potion for 375 gold which increases your speechcraft by 30 for a while. So if you are like me and only have 20 !!% speechcraft, just buy the potion off him, use it, talk to him again and start leveling

Next get married to someone like the girl in Riverwood trade shop.

Once you get your speech up high enough to where you can get the invest perk, invest in the Riverwood general store. The merchant will then have 10,000 gold every 48 hours.

Originally Posted by BaltimoreGutta

I got 2 Daedra Hearts a couple of days back from doing a quest. Once you hit level 20, a courier approaches you and tells you to go speak to the museum owner in Dawnstar. He gives you a quest and when you finish the quest, 2 "monsters" attack you. Kill them both and you get a heart off each. The quest is called Pieces of the Past, I think.
its all good...i got the full set of daedric armor now

im just trynna get my 54 enchanting up to 60 so i can enchant more powerful armor

Originally Posted by Jhustle23

I just bought the hearts but the funny thing is I hardly use the armor now that I worked so hard to get it. But the bow is worth all the trouble.

lol, true

i need to get my heavy armor perked up until its weightless....

i think the daedric armor is
pimp.gif

but you right, the smithing is alot of leveling for alot of...meh

i didnt even bother doing the other side of the smithing perks (plate armor and glass armor)

roll.gif

sick game.

laugh.gif

level up smithing by making iron daggers

1 iron ingot + 1 leather strip

its the cheapest item that brings in the most xp.

like 7k worth of iron and leather to get to level 100

enchanting? only way to level that up is by breaking items already enchanted.

which sucks, because, untill you level up your enchanting youll be breaking items that have say "50 points of health added" and youll only be able to enchant something else like "25 points of health" at first.

thats where i am, stuck between breaking items i cant enchant as strong or being stuck at a certain enchant level.

as far as soul gems

just go to the item that is enchanted, then press RB, itll ask which soul gem you wanna use to refill your enchanted weapon.

you also use soul gems in enchanting. (item+enchantment+soul gem)

No, leveling enchanting is actually as easy as leveling your smithing.
Do what you're doing with the daggers, but do it in whiterun. After you've completed making your daggers, head to Dragonreach and use the arcane enchanter and enchant each dagger using whichever enchantment and a relatively worthless soul gem like a "Petty Soul Gem". Depending on which level your enchanting is, enchanting one or two daggers will level you up in enchanting until you get to around 45ish. Then you can sell those daggers for around $250 a pop. The only restriction on this is that you need enough crappy soul gems, because you don't want to make an iron dagger with a grand soul or something stupid.

a.) youre wasting soul gems

b.) when i enchant items it doesnt level up my enchanting

c.) each time you break an enchant you level up an entire level

d.) when you sell the enchanted daggers, unless your speech is high, you get like....40 more dollars than a regular dagger...petty soul gems are worth more than 40 bucks.

e.) my enchanting is 54 i believe.

f.) running with 40 daggers from the blacksmiths to dragonreach to enchant each one individually each time is, i know this will sound very very very very funny, too much for me....lmao when i leveled 100 smithing making daggers...LMAO

Back
Top Bottom